Winter 2019/2020

Man of Honour
OP
Nothing in the models but mild and very mild with occasional cooler snaps - all the ingredients are there but the cold is firmly staying bottled up over the Arctic for now - even Norway, etc. isn't getting it like they normally would. Quite frustrating.

Caporegime
Nothing in the models but mild and very mild with occasional cooler snaps - all the ingredients are there but the cold is firmly staying bottled up over the Arctic for now - even Norway, etc. isn't getting it like they normally would. Quite frustrating.
Can I ask why you genuinely want a freezing, snow blanketing winter please?

Soldato
couple of proper days of snow is ok ,i was one of those on the a30 last year coming back from work when it ground to a halt for a day or so .luckily i turned off and gambled on the back roads through camelford , nice to have a forced day off work

Man of Honour
OP
I wish the snow would hurry up -my winter tyres are wearing out on the dry roads. - They have been on a week already

Almost nothing on the charts at the moment to indicate anything wintery coming - just some stray runs that wander into very cold territory but have little support.

On a related note had an old boy come by work today who was absolutely adamant in the strongest sense that the snow this winter, which he reckoned would be more than we'd seen in awhile, would be around Easter or just a little before and that we'd see nothing but rain and foggy days until then heh.

Man of Honour
OP
I'm not writing it off until its over - despite very little promise for cold showing on the model outputs it wouldn't take much to change for things to be very different - there is a lot of cold out there it is just very bottled up over the arctic right now.

If we do get anything doesn't look like it is going to be Jan though (there isn't even any significant cold to the East of us as there usually would be).

Man of Honour
OP
Interesting latest model outputs are pushing some cold air that initially was projected to spill out solely into Eastern Europe somewhat our way around the 26th/27th - looks like a brief but relatively intense one if it comes off.

EDIT: Also the old SSW rearing its head again around the end of the month but won't hold my breath on that one.

Back
Top Bottom