Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Associate
I heard back from iiyama tech support on the wake from standby issues.

Good news: they're aware it's a widespread problem, seem to think it might be fixable via software. Bad news: what they suggested didn't work for me, I'll post about it anyway maybe it helps one of you.

What they suggested: open the registry editor and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\. Delete the contents of the \Configuration\ and \Connectivity\ sub-directories. Restart PC, restart monitor. (I also suggest using DDU in safe mode to uninstall your GPU driver prior to this, then a clean reinstall)

Still, so far I've had mine for a fortnight and despite the occasional standby hiccup I'm very happy with the monitor. Performance and value combined are pretty much the best in the 34" ultrawide space right now.

Thanks for posting this!

I cleaned installed my pc yesterday and tried this out, and thankfully it appears to be working fine now (I also have a GTX 1070 and was experiencing issues with the monitor not showing a picture after waking up from sleep). However, it's not a permanent solution, as it will revert once I update my GPU driver. Its reassuring it's a software issue and it could probably be fixed from a firmware update.

Caporegime
OP
Fingers crossed this can be updated ourselves though as don't really want to send the monitor back in the hands of careless delivery people :/

Soldato
A little heads up. My display started to freak out when the machine got restarted or cold boot resulting in only low resolutions (800x600 for example) being available. Deleting monitor entries with CRU and using restart64 didn't help. I had to use the recall function(basically reset) in the display menu and it has stopped spassing out. The firmware on this monitor is wonky at best :p, still love the display which I normally would never have said with all these quirks and annoyances this monitor has.

Associate
Hi all,

I started a post on the Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R). A reply by @Infiniteey at least tells me what compromises I will have to make based on the reviews of other monitors using the same panel.

So I am in a real bind as to whether to wait and get the Curved panel (assuming it is available in the UK) OR just go for the FLAT IPS version?

The question I am struggling to answer and appreciate some help with, is can I game on a FLAT UW when I sit <2ft from the screen? How are those with the FLAT Iiyama getting on with gaming? And do you sit close to the screen?

Associate
Well had time to play with mine.

Colours are excellent, gsync worked out of the gate. Really don't know how I lived without ultrawide for games.

Also very little IPS glow / bleed. A very small amount bottom left (right is a reflection not IPS glow or bleed btw)

20200519-190652.jpg

HI
Can you please advise the specific make of the monitor arm you are using there?
thanks

Associate
HI
Can you please advise the specific make of the monitor arm you are using there?
thanks

not sure what he’s got but I’m using the ergotron LX. A well known online retailer has there own branded ones that are supposed to be the same. The screen weighs 7kg so you’ll need an arm that can handle that weight

Associate
Mine finally arrived yesterday and all i can is wow, what a monitor. Ive been lucky, no dead pixels or damage. Ive had the problem were the screen only shows half after waking up but resolved after a quick turn off and on.

I think i need to upgrade my card as the gtx 1080 struggles in a few games (Warzone and Asseta Corsa Comp) but going to wait for the next round of cards by nVidia or AMD. This monitor is a steal at this price point. I will update if any issues arise.

Associate
I think i need to upgrade my card as the gtx 1080 struggles in a few games (Warzone and Asseta Corsa Comp) but going to wait for the next round of cards by nVidia or AMD. This monitor is a steal at this price point. I will update if any issues arise.

Yeah my 1080ti can go as low as 60FPS in BFV. Not sure i can afford the next gen. Might go for a 2nd hand 2080ti

Associate
Yeah my 1080ti can go as low as 60FPS in BFV. Not sure i can afford the next gen. Might go for a 2nd hand 2080ti

Might do the same tbh. Hopefully the mid range next gen cards are powerful as a 2080 etc. I wont be paying the extortionate prices of the top end cards again. I suppose i could sli this 1080 but unsure how well sli scales these days

Associate
Can someone please advise a similar screen with similar specs, even at a higher price point? Up to say £600ish?

I have contacted Iiyama UK, and the monitor will not be in stock before the end of July, and due to COVID-19, I have to do almost all of my work from home, and need a good Ultra-wide monitor, but with 144Hz as well?

MUST be flat, at least 34", preferably IPS?

Many thanks

Associate
Can someone please advise a similar screen with similar specs, even at a higher price point? Up to say £600ish?

I have contacted Iiyama UK, and the monitor will not be in stock before the end of July, and due to COVID-19, I have to do almost all of my work from home, and need a good Ultra-wide monitor, but with 144Hz as well?

MUST be flat, at least 34", preferably IPS?

Many thanks

Damn, end of July, that sucks.. I'm also working from home and need a good monitor.
I do see a number of ultrawides around this price point but all VA panels

Caporegime
OP
Loving this monitor!

Have had a few issues with the screen waking up now but..... it's not really a massive issue turning it off and on again and it is very rare as it is.

Also, I remembered this happening with my lg 29um65 too so that is why I turned off the "turn off display" via windows in the end, also, because lg had some sorcery where if a black/blank screen i.e. my screen saver was on, the monitor would actually turn off or go into standby itself.

Last edited:
Associate
Damn, end of July, that sucks.. I'm also working from home and need a good monitor.
I do see a number of ultrawides around this price point but all VA panels

There is another retailer who got stock today, their page isn't finalised but if you google the monitor name you will find it.

Associate
There is another retailer who got stock today, their page isn't finalised but if you google the monitor name you will find it.

I must not be reading the clue right but can you be anyway more specific? I know oc have issue with naming competitors (I think?) but I'm a bit reluctant to order from a completely unknown site.

Back
Top Bottom