Total War: Warhammer 2

Associate
Imo, just go with SFO: Grimhammer, which itself is getting a major update tomorrow.

That has made a huge difference balancing my game, particularly in the army builds. No longer do I see armies milling about the map with 16 of the same unit!

Associate
Imo, just go with SFO: Grimhammer, which itself is getting a major update tomorrow.

That has made a huge difference balancing my game, particularly in the army builds. No longer do I see armies milling about the map with 16 of the same unit!

Is Grimhammer stable now, I remember trying it last year and I got an end of turn bug quite a few hours into my campaign where I could not continue, at the time it was not identified what caused so did not play the mod again.

I may download this new release and give it another go.

Soldato
Well new dlc is out,having a blast with the greenskins now.
Grom the paunch is brilliant,great start location,non stop fighting against brets/elfs/dwarves and now the empire wants a chomp.
Worthy buy.

Associate
I thought Grom's start location on Mortal Empires was bad not great? You are surrounded by lands without favourable climate and have to sail over to the Elves (and defend your starting zone) simultaneously, which is a hard ask starting out!

Soldato
I thought Grom's start location on Mortal Empires was bad not great? You are surrounded by lands without favourable climate and have to sail over to the Elves (and defend your starting zone) simultaneously, which is a hard ask starting out!

While at the same time everyone declares war on you for no reason.

Soldato
Grom's starting position is brutal. My first try had me constantly fending off invasions from Yvresse, Saphery and Eataine. When Yvresse then allied with both Mousillon (who I'd left alone) and Clan Skryre, it was game over. I lasted about 15 turns before I threw in the towel.

The second is going better. I'm sitting on a mountain of gold, and I've just invaded Ulthuan.

I've failed my Grom campaign 3 times now lol.

I think it's the economy that is killing me. Any tips for economy and army composition?

Are you conquering?

Grom has a problem. He's surrounded by enemies. His economy is poor. Early on, you'll struggle to afford enough armies to both defend your territory and conquer new regions.

The solution is simple. Don't conquer. Raid and pillage Brettonia to build up wealth. Sack any settlements you take. And use the funds to build up Massif Orcal. You need to recover quickly and move on to the next fight, to keep building up your cash reserves. So grab replenishment buffs at the earliest opportunity.

As for army composition, you're the Goblin King. Your armies should be mainly Goblins,wwith a focus on buffing them through research and recipes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fantatics....they are the key for me.
Get three or four put them as close to the front as possible then suicide the computers line and unleash hell!

Can't tell you how many times they have decimated the enemy before the main boys get into battle,granted they will rout or be destroyed but the damage they will have done is great!

Wood elves still as hard as ever however just managed to launch a waagh with grom and finally sacked and raised the main woody settlement.

Having soooo much fun!might end up failing but it's non stop top notch action.

Soldato
Fantatics....they are the key for me.
Get three or four put them as close to the front as possible then suicide the computers line and unleash hell!

Can't tell you how many times they have decimated the enemy before the main boys get into battle,granted they will rout or be destroyed but the damage they will have done is great!

Wood elves still as hard as ever however just managed to launch a waagh with grom and finally sacked and raised the main woody settlement.

Having soooo much fun!might end up failing but it's non stop top notch action.

The amount of armies the wood elf's have is ridiculous :p

Soldato
At the minute I'm facing stacks and stacks of high elfs and bretonia non stop!
Almost 200 turns now and I only have 5 settlements!

I'm just trying to raise some of their tree houses before they get too much.

Soldato
I'm a few turns from meeting the Short Campaign victory conditions for my Grom campaign. Just got to remove the last few HE settlements on Ulthuan (assuming Yvresse don't have any settlements on Naggarond).

Not sure I'll play much beyond that. I've got over 1m in the bank. Confederating with Grimgor last night gave me most of the Badlands and around half of the World's Edge mountains. And that confederation took me from making a ~20k per turn loss, to a 15k/turn profit (Grimgor had loads of territory, but Clan Mors had wiped out his armies). So victory is inevitable now. The only real challenge left would be in fighting Sylvania, who have taken all of the Empire, Kislev, and some of the WE mountains.

Soldato
Hit both the short and long campaign victory conditions within a few turns of each other this evening. One of the more enjoyable campaigns I'd say. Tough, but good fun. Only thing I wasn't keen on was how much of a pain it is to mop up the Elves at the end. They had random provinces all over the place.

I think I'll give Imrik a go next, maybe in Vortex, to change things up a bit.

Soldato
This game IS good. But too long and too many factions for me.

I enjoyed the first one with the Dwarves for a good 30 hour campaign. Started playing the second with the Lizard men but didnt really enjoy it.

Too many different game modes as well.

It's a shame I cant get in to it because this kind of game is appealing.

I had Shogun 2 and Rome 2 as well and didn't like those either.

Soldato
Would be good to see some more mini campaigns, like the Wood Elves and Beastmen DLC from the first game.

It's worth checking the victory conditions for factions though. Not all of them need to conquer a lot to win. Grom the Paunch's campaign, discussed above, is a good example of that. You could complete his campaign in under 50 turns, with only the starting settlement.

Caporegime
This game IS good. But too long and too many factions for me.

I enjoyed the first one with the Dwarves for a good 30 hour campaign. Started playing the second with the Lizard men but didnt really enjoy it.

Too many different game modes as well.

It's a shame I cant get in to it because this kind of game is appealing.

I had Shogun 2 and Rome 2 as well and didn't like those either.
Then whiile the idea of the game sounds great, big wars etc, you probably don't like this type of game in practise with all of the micro-management and things going on.

What this game desperately needs is the ability to set up custom win conditions at the start of every campaign (eg: destroy all Elves or Occupy Naggarond etc etc... this would allow as short or long games as you like. Sadly I can't see it coming any time soon, if ever. At the least they could add thematic short term campaign goals for each race.

Associate
I'm wondering what levels you all are playing at when having these problems; when playing as Grom?

I play all games at Hard/Hard. (start there anyway)

Soldato
I did a quick Skarsnik campaign and Manfred went berserk destroying everything in his path including the empire, bretonnia and the dwarfs. Quite refreshing to see the order getting owned. Not sure what Grimgor was up to he ended up in Araby dessert somehow.

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the new waagh it takes forever to build and its full of garbage units unless you get lucky. Will do an Azhag campaign once the major bugs get patched.

Back
Top Bottom