Total War: Warhammer 2

Soldato
I'm wondering what levels you all are playing at when having these problems; when playing as Grom?

I play all games at Hard/Hard. (start there anyway)

VH/VH here.

I wonder if not dealing with Brettonia quickly enough could be part of the problem? Their early game armies are pretty weak, but that changes once they start spamming high-tier cavalry.

Personally, I didn't think it was the hardest campaign ever. And some of the stuff he can get is utterly ridiculous (Goblin Fanatics with explosive arrows and regeneration - basically the ultimate guerrilla warrior).

Soldato
I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the new waagh it takes forever to build and its full of garbage units unless you get lucky. Will do an Azhag campaign once the major bugs get patched.

The amount the "Waaargh" meter charges depends on the difficulty of the battle. If you're likely to win, you gain very little reputation from the battle. If you're likely to lose, but somehow pull off a victory, you get a fair bit of reputation. I think you get some reputation from sacking too (but I might be remembering wrong).

Associate
VH/VH here.

I wonder if not dealing with Brettonia quickly enough could be part of the problem? Their early game armies are pretty weak, but that changes once they start spamming high-tier cavalry.

Personally, I didn't think it was the hardest campaign ever. And some of the stuff he can get is utterly ridiculous (Goblin Fanatics with explosive arrows and regeneration - basically the ultimate guerrilla warrior).

ty

I had not played in a long while, so if all goes well on Hard I will move it up to vh. I love the game, but keep switching between that and a few others every so often.

Soldato
Well my campaign went downhill,declared war on the empire only to have just about every order faction declare war on me!

No way of coming back so might load up from before and try a different approach.

Was fun however had some epic battles,god fanatics are great when the enemy bunch up!love them.

Also started an empire campaign,boring no enemies to really fight other than just randomly beating up the other states ! Need more beastmen /skaven roaming the empires lands.

Soldato
100 hours in Warhammer, and 400 hours in Warhammer 2. I haven't played a single Empire campaign :p

Probably should fix that, so I'll give them a go this evening.

Soldato
Just let the vampires have a go at you allies ,don't help any either when you get the option,helps make it more interesting.

Hangunners 4 units of them will decimate most units in short order with a witch hunter and his ability.
Unit or two of reiksgaurd to stop fast cav on them and the rest to hold a line

Soldato
Well I lost my first Empire campaign.

No idea what the hell the Vampires were smoking, but they took out Stirland in the first 10 turns. Then Averland. Then Wissenland. Then they turned their attentions to me (The Golden Order). Didn't stand a chance in hell.

Not sure exactly which turn it was, but certainly <50. Trying again now as Reikland. No idea what happened that first time out to make the Vamps stomp so hard. But if it happens this time, at least I'll have a little space.

Soldato
I always focus on the vamp leader characters as much as possible.
Assassinate their characters in the army's .

Can't say I have ever seen the vampires move that fast into the empire,they normally move north

Soldato
Not sure if it's a patch or a mod that's the cause, but in my recent campaigns the Vamps have been stomping the Empire. Wasn't really an issue when I was playing Grom; they were dealing with a potential enemy. It's a bit of a pain in the butt now I'm playing the Empire though :p

My second campaign is going better. Karl Franz has an easier start position. Took out the Separatists, then Middenland and confederated The Golden Company. The Vampires have crushed most of the Eastern empire again, but I'm prepared for fighting them. Vlad has already fallen, but he was a minnow compared to Manfred.

Soldato
Karl is a bit rubbish not really a hero you can leave to get stuck into much without dropping dead.

Balthazar gelt and his spells are a great boost at the start,head for the golden hounds asap,comp loves to group up and they love a group.

Might start a high elf campaign with the new hero.

Soldato
Imrik?

Heads-up; when the game invites you to fight a dragon, you aren't just fighting the dragon. It has a whole army of monsters with it. I learnt that mistake the hard way :p

Soldato
Rangers?

I didn't find much use for them either. Big damage (for the price), but they die too quickly. Not much of a fan of dual wield infantry though; I tend to use archers or cavalry for the same job.

Soldato
That's the fellas.
Same as their dark elf counterparts,pointless.

The new phoenix is good,after being on the receiving end on groms campaign and the comp spamming them!it's nice to have them on side.

Soldato
OMG been having a craving for a RTS game for about two years so picked this up last week and haven't stopped playing since. Just completed the Darkelf campaign after restarting it 4 times after getting raped !!!

Soldato
Usually on Very Hard or Hard here. IIRC, "Hard" basically puts you and the AI on an even playing field. Normal and Easy give the player buffs. Very Hard and Legendary give the AI buffs.

After a while, you learn how to "game" the AI, and find you need to up the difficulty.

3K didn't click with me. I bought it off the MM soon after launch, but found I didn't care for the setting at all. I'm told there's a TV drama about the time period, and watching it helps with understanding what's going on. But it's a really long show, and in Chinese (English subtitles). I haven't had the patience to watch it yet.

Troy is a bit different in that regard. It's free. And I know the setting well. Quite excited to get in to it.

Soldato
Right been playing this non stop.

Started with Malekith. Beat the Vortex pretty easily. I didn’t do to much expansion kinda turtled up grabbed a few very important spots then defended. Think I was at war with my own kind more than fighting High elf’s and the other factions. I loved the unit variety. Hydras smashing into front lines, Manticore spreading fear.

Still didn’t know what I was really doing was just making big stacks!! No heros embed into the army’s.

Turn the game difficulty up to normal/normal and tried Tyrion. Early game I found it rather easy and found the confederate option!!

I control quite a bit of the map and just finish the vortex. It got really close as the tomb lords from the south was throwing multiple stacks at me every couple of turns and was getting completely smashed. I kept watching videos on which units are the best but non of that advise was working.

Everyone was saying spearmen and archers with a couple of dragon princes is all you need.

I had to load a save 10 turns pervious and buy the DLC with the sisters of averon and started using my high end dragon guards instead of spearmen which started to turn the battles in my favour. Before I was winning battles with 2 stacks v 1.

Is there anypoint in playing after the campaign? Seems most of the places I need to take are hostile environments? So would be very slow progress

Back
Top Bottom