• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Ah man zotac is ********, spoke to a guy I know who ordered from competitor (trinity 3080 non OC) they told him nothing due until after October, like wtf :mad: I understand the revision of the boards but come on I'm not even sub 100 in the queue, good luck all in going to cancel my order and see if I can order another brand like Inno or PALIT or something as probably have more luck with getting stock so I wouldn't mind being at the back of the list. That way I know there will be progress

Associate
As any rational person would
Some of the questions on this thread baffle me lol
There is no need for personal insults.

I too assumed that most likely it was one delivery, but in my opinion, that could also mean that an "ok" amount is expected but it will be spread over two days. He should know if something is being dispatched with 24hr or 48hr delivery right?

Associate
Ah man zotac is ********, spoke to a guy I know who ordered from competitor (trinity 3080 non OC) they told him nothing due until after October, like wtf :mad: I understand the revision of the boards but come on I'm not even sub 100 in the queue, good luck all in going to cancel my order and see if I can order another brand like Inno or PALIT or something as probably have more luck with getting stock so I wouldn't mind being at the back of the list. That way I know there will be progress

It could only be that one competitor! From all available information it appears that a board revision may be being undertaken which could cause delays for the trinity. Interesting to see when their other cards arrive and if they’re any good!

Associate
I'm starting to worry less about my card being #724, Either AMD comes out with something better and I swap or the 20gb version might come out and I could swap to that instead :D

Have to try and be optimistic. I do wish it wasn't all silence and small/ok talks on numbers prefer figures or updates. They did say weekly updates so maybe friday we hear something more?

Soldato

Yeah Zotac has had a few issues since launch.

Almost 20,000 pre-orders have been received and, with the best of intentions, we cannot serve them in a short time, as much as we wanted. So again: We are infinitely sorry, but we also don’t know what went wrong here.
— ZOTAC on Twitter (now removed)

Associate
Do you even understand what a preorder is? Serious question.

You’re buying a slot in a queue. That slot is at the back, not the front. It doesn’t matter how many preorders they sell it simply means that it will take longer for them to fulfil it.

What is so outrageous? If you’ve preordered then you’ll get a card eventually... adding more on to the waiting list isn’t going to affect that.

The alternative is to not allow preorders and you can hope to spot when the cards come in stock, refresh the browser 10182732224 times and not get one.

I’m sure they’ll start communicating more frequently when they know what’s going on. The moderating team has relayed everyone’s concerns and will continue to liaise with the shop but ultimately we just have to wait.
This
Just this
100%.

Soldato
Just put an order in for a TUF, can’t be bothered trying to play whack a mole on various websites to catch one in stock. Haven’t got a queue number yet, but I assume it’ll turn up eventually...

Soldato
Rude and condescending is what I read in that reply. Always nice to find commonality though....

TBF he's not wrong though. Everyone knew it was a preorder. They arrive when they arrive. If OCUK were sitting on hundreds of cards in the warehouse and were being slow shipping them people would be entitled to be ****** off. That isn't the case though.

Associate
I’m sure they’ll start communicating more frequently when they know what’s going on. The moderating team has relayed everyone’s concerns and will continue to liaise with the shop but ultimately we just have to wait.

There was atleast two types of card shipped today, with no communication that they would even arrive or have even arrived other than peoples shipping emails.

Thats a lack of communication on OC side, nothing more, nothing less and its imposible to defend really. Its hard for people to be patient in a queue when they arn't updated when stock actually does come in.

Its not the prommised transparency and "you will get news when we have news" we were advised, when cards come in and news doesn't actually happen? Stock doesn't arrive by suprise, OC will have known some Gigabyte cards may come in today and should have let people know. They can't expect people to sit back and wait for updates when shipping emails are arriving before any communication around stock from them.

Promising transparency around stock updates and more updates from the shop will cause people less frustration sure, which in turn will create less rants on the forums around preorders, but for that to actually have an effect their needs to be less hollow words and more actual transparency before people start calming down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom