Bathroom ceiling caved in

Soldato
OP
You realise that you posted this in the one place where that isn't true?

This is OCUK, you have neighbours, they probably have letterboxes. Let the letterboxing commence!

It's OK for the build logs on here where folk have multiple bathrooms and en-suites so they can take time refurbishing one. Plus I don't feel comfortable ******** at work every day.

Man of Honour
It's OK for the build logs on here where folk have multiple bathrooms and en-suites so they can take time refurbishing one. Plus I don't feel comfortable ******** at work every day.

Leave the toilet bowl till last, flush with a bucket, strip everything else out, get everything ready, then take old toilet bowl out, last out,first back in.

Soldato
I had my only bathroom renovated and the plumber just replumbed the toilet in each evening (after i came back from work and he finished ) . Wasnt an issue and this is done regularly

Caporegime
wow and here I am thinking my bathroom looks bad because some areas have a few weeks of dust and I need new sealant around the tub, current one looks like its been there a decade at the least.

black mould is horrible no way I could live with that, bleach the walls every week if I had too.

even if someone is renting it would be no excuse for letting the place become dilapidated

Soldato

You don’t feel comfortable ******** at work every day but you are comfortable ******** in a mold infested bathroom :confused::confused:

Permabanned
You need to remove all the plasterboard, get the roof fixed, clean off the growth, and allow it all to dry out a bit. then you can consider renewing the ceiling. I am afraid it's all going to cost a lot.

Soldato
OP
Going to get some one in next week to have a look, basically want all ceiling down and renewed and all walls pulled back and re-plastered.

Soldato
Stayed in a mates house (lived at home) once who had a shower but no tiles on the wall. The wall was literally sodden, mouldy and coming away from the wall behind. No idea who people let these things happen - must have been like that for years

A spot of mould in my place and the missis has got a new bathroom planned

Back
Top Bottom