January Transfer Window 20/21

Don
So, Ben Davies? Sounds like we're about to sign him from Preston for £2m. No idea who he is or whether he's any good but from what I've just read he was due to sign for Celtic and the fee is due to having just 6 months left on his contract.

Soldato
So, Ben Davies? Sounds like we're about to sign him from Preston for £2m. No idea who he is or whether he's any good but from what I've just read he was due to sign for Celtic and the fee is due to having just 6 months left on his contract.

Do you follow Sam Maguire on twitter? His recent post about his passing is interesting.

Don
Ah I do follow him. I couldn't find him becaues you spelt his name wrong :p
Reminds me of this signing https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sk...-deal-to-sign-reading-defender-michael-hector

That turned out badly. I wonder if he will make his debut vs City??
Doubtful. Fabinho will hopefully be back by then and Klopp's also said that Matip's injury doesn't look too serious. If they're both fit they'll play, if not it'll be 1 + Henderson. You're not throwing him in vs City.

Unless he surprises everybody and is better than we expect him to be then I suspect we'll only see him in easier home games, allowing Fab/Hendo to play in midfield and or when both Fabinho & Matip are unavailable.

Soldato
Ah I do follow him. I couldn't find him becaues you spelt his name wrong :p

Doubtful. Fabinho will hopefully be back by then and Klopp's also said that Matip's injury doesn't look too serious. If they're both fit they'll play, if not it'll be 1 + Henderson. You're not throwing him in vs City.

Unless he surprises everybody and is better than we expect him to be then I suspect we'll only see him in easier home games, allowing Fab/Hendo to play in midfield and or when both Fabinho & Matip are unavailable.

*because

;)

Don
Sounds like it could be 2 CB's tomorrow. A lot of reports that we're in talks with Marseille for Duje Caleta Car (I've no idea either) but the deal is complicated due to Marseille wanting a replacement.

Caporegime
Can’t see him really helping out that much. It’s a huge step up. Reminds me of when we signed Holding from Bolton. Didn’t rate him at all for a while, but he’s developed over the years and is now a solid premier league defender.

I feel Davies could be in the same mould. Certainly not an instant fix.

Don
Our current CB options are Nat Phillips, a guy that was on loan at a 2nd tier German side last season and couldn't get a game, Williams who was playing non League football and a central midfielder. Any semi competent CB is of use to us right now.
..we need a CB more than liverpool..
:D

Caporegime

All I am seeing is someone that plays a lot of long balls in a league that plays a lot of long balls. I guess this is one of those that has been put into some stats machine but for two million its pocket change. If he turns out to be fantastic then it will be a good bit of business and they already did it once with Robertson.

Also Man Utd do not need anyone in this window. Ed needs to be putting all our eggs in the summer window.

Back
Top Bottom