The New European Super (borefest) League

Soldato
Leeds and Liverpool players shouldn't agree not to play the match.
That'll send a real message.

i really dont think the majority of players will be against this

agents will love it

higher wages, more lucrative sponsorship deals etc etc

and i bet most the players wont sniff at playing the best of europe every week

i really dont see the players being against this

Caporegime
RAMPANT banning's and censorship on social media = "they're private companies they can do whatever they want".

PRIVATE COMPANIES try to start a new league = "wahhh I don't like this the government must act to stop them".

Don
I actually thought he was very balanced and spoke a lot of sense.
He's a massive hypocrit. When asked by Carragher and then Jones about what he's said and done previously in regards to helping the EFL etc, he ignored the question twice. Everything he's upset that the big 6 are doing, he done and would continue to do to sides below Palace. The only thing I'll give him credit for is unlike the majority of other owners, he at least came out and told the world that he doesn't want to or think the PL should have to help the EFL.

The end of his interview he was very rational though and seemed to be hinting at a compromse possibly being reached, recognising that they need the big 6.

Soldato
He's a massive hypocrit. When asked by Carragher and then Jones about what he's said and done previously in regards to helping the EFL etc, he ignored the question twice. Everything he's upset that the big 6 are doing, he done and would continue to do to sides below Palace. The only thing I'll give him credit for is unlike the majority of other owners, he at least came out and told the world that he doesn't want to or think the PL should have to help the EFL.

The end of his interview he was very rational though and seemed to be hinting at a compromse possibly being reached, recognising that they need the big 6.
Everyone is a hypocrit in football, at least at some point. Especially if you are around long enough and have the nuts to say something. Unlike the faceless owners and shareholders of these clubs. Parish was sensible enough and clearly understands that this is a business. We make our own judgements but I consider the likes of Neville and Parish to be genuine and motivated to contribute to the interests of the supporters.

Soldato
Like carraghar pointed out just now, this game effectively means nothing, if super league goes ahead then the race for top four goes away as its not a worry

The top four race within the league just adds a little extra which adds to why Premier league is loved.

Caporegime
Like carraghar pointed out just now, this game effectively means nothing, if super league goes ahead then the race for top four goes away as its not a worry

The top four race within the league just adds a little extra which adds to why Premier league is loved.
The only interesting thing in future will be watching god awful teams in a relegation battle. Awesome :rolleyes:

Don
Everyone is a hypocrit in football, at least at some point. Especially if you are around long enough and have the nuts to say something. Unlike the faceless owners and shareholders of these clubs. Parish was sensible enough and clearly understands that this is a business. We make our own judgements but I consider the likes of Neville and Parish to be genuine and motivated to contribute to the interests of the supporters.
Parish's motivation was self interest. The Super League is bad for the PL and by extension Palace, the big 6 leaving is 10x worse. He says and does what is best for Palace, just like when he didn't want to help the EFL out.

Caporegime
What’s the point playing to win when you don’t need to win?

Why risk injuries to your players playing in domestic leagues at all? I hope they all get kicked out or relegated. playing in the championship and this “Super” league.

The dream is gone, if you can get into some super league by not winning then winning is pointless.

It’s not a league of champions, it’s a league of greed.

Pet Northerner
Don
What’s the point playing to win when you don’t need to win?

Why risk injuries to your players playing in domestic leagues at all? I hope they all get kicked out or relegated. playing in the championship and this “Super” league.

The dream is gone, if you can get into some super league by not winning then winning is pointless.

It’s not a league of champions, it’s a league of greed.

100% spot on. the EPL will be treated as a joke by the "big 6" because there's no incentive for them to even bother.

Soldato
Just been on the news

BREAKING: Arsenal have decided to not participate in the European Super League. They are starting their own breakaway league with just themselves. The bookies currently have them as second favourites to win it.

Back
Top Bottom