** Resident Evil Village Thread **

Soldato
I'm unsure whether I'm more exited for the game itself or the Lady Dimitrescu cosplay 'videos' that will no doubt accompany the launch :D

Annoyingly, I missed the last demo window but I'll catch the next one this weekend!

For info :-

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-demo-date-times-ps5-ps4-xbox-pc-preload-8002
Resident Evil Village demo editions, times and schedule explained
The Resident Evil Village demo rollout can be a little on the confusing side - here's a breakdown of how it works:

• There is a single demo available, allowing you to explore the village and castle areas of Resident Evil Village.
  • All platforms - PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X / S, Xbox One, Steam and Stadia - will have access to this demo for a limited time on the weekend of May 1st to May 2nd.
  • PS5 and PS4 owners will have early access to this demo across the two weekends prior - the weekends of April 17th and April 24th - staggering out access to the Village and Castle areas respectively across these weekends.
  • Access to all demos will be limited, both in availability as well as playtime. The PlayStation demos will be scheduled during an evening in both Europe and North America, while the final, multi-platform demo will start and end at the same time globally.
  • Pre-loads will be available on all platforms ahead of each window.
  • All demos will be free, and require no pre-orders or sign ups to access.

Soldato
You enjoyed Resident Evil 6 also? :p
Me! I really enjoyed 6 once I got a couple of hours into it. I was late to the Resident Evil party. I had played RE4 for a bit on the Nintendo Wii but my first proper full playthrough on PC was RE5 following by RE6, then RE4. I was actually surprised when I joined these forums and saw all the hate for RE6.

Associate
Nah, it's not evolution it's completely different. For lots of us that grew up with Resident Evil, it was about fixed cameras, survival horror, zombies and Umbrella. Obviously things stagnate over time but now this is the 950th Resident Evil game, it's hard to take seriously anymore - a horror game from Capcom doesn't need to feature the Resident Evil name (evidently it does).

The 90s era fans would love a new 'proper' REvil title, fixed cameras, atmosphere, zombies and genuinely scary I'm sure.

Series don't have to evolve either, just create a new IP. Look at the backlash Project Cars 3 got because it's so anti what the first two were... no different to REvil in that case.

Fixed camera angles and tank controls are so 90's. They don't work anymore, people do not want it. The younger generation etc. You just said it, it stagnates over time which is exactly what has happened. I grew up with them too, but as I say, I really like the direction they are taking, feels fresh to me and I love the RE Engine.

Associate
Fixed camera angles and tank controls are so 90's. They don't work anymore, people do not want it. The younger generation etc. You just said it, it stagnates over time which is exactly what has happened. I grew up with them too, but as I say, I really like the direction they are taking, feels fresh to me and I love the RE Engine.

Fixed camera angles add challenge, making it less standard and formulaic, I don't think it detracts from the game at all. Tank controls were taken care of in the REvil remake which is the sort of improvement I'd be after - not changing absolutely everything (adding werewolves, witches, warlocks etc) and calling it Resident Evil.

Would be like Gran Turismo adding powerups and morphing into Mario Kart - they're still racers, so it's just evolution... Much like Terminator, they've ruined the franchises by trying to milk them for all their worth instead of creating something new, adding new stuff doesn't equal better. The last Terminator film removed Skynet - how is that a Terminator film?

Everything has a limited lifespan, why on Earth milk the REvil name so hard? Since it jumped the shark with #4 it's been on a slippery slope - just create a new IP like Evil Within. Of course this is just my opinion but it's the story that matters - there are infinite stories that could have been told in the original RE world, Outbreak was an interesting take on it and while it wasn't uber popular.

It'll still sell loads and I'm sure it'll score highly and be loved by kids but Resident Evil it ain't.

Associate
Resident Evil is whatever Capcom wants Resident Evil to be. Just because it started out as zombies and umbrella, doesn't mean it has to stay way. Sound like a you issue to be honest, RE 1, 2 and 3 have been redone, what else is there to do?

From what I've seen of RE VIII it looks superb, of course, we don't know the full story yet but it looks interesting, and I want to see what Chris has to do with all this, and if Umbrella is involved in some way.

I personally can not wait, most hyped game for me this year so far.

Associate
Resident Evil is whatever Capcom wants Resident Evil to be. Just because it started out as zombies and umbrella, doesn't mean it has to stay way. Sound like a you issue to be honest, RE 1, 2 and 3 have been redone, what else is there to do?

From what I've seen of RE VIII it looks superb, of course, we don't know the full story yet but it looks interesting, and I want to see what Chris has to do with all this, and if Umbrella is involved in some way.

I personally can not wait, most hyped game for me this year so far.

Capcom can do whatever they like... well obviously but it doesn't mean it's right... they did remake REvil 2 and 3 but missed half the content from 3 in the process.

It is possible to let things die - there doesn't need to be an RE for every generation because they have sod all else in the way of ideas.

Soldato
Well just bought 6 and 1 remake on as I'm hyped waiting for 8.

Having never played 6 ever before I thought I would give it a go, so bought 2 copies to play some coop. Have to say it is hilarious how bad it is especially graphics,animations,controls,camera. Still seems good enough to run through on coop with a mate.

I got the number 1 remake, haven't played it yet but was my favourite game when it came out on PS1.

If anyone is wanting to play any of other resident evils to get ready for the new one they are all well cheap on cdkeys right now, 6 and 1 were only £3.50 each and the newer ones 2,3,7 were not much more.

Soldato
I can't believe you bought two copies of 6 :cry:

I honestly could not believe how bad it is, I know you guys mentioned it a lot but it shattered expectations.

Im playing it with a good friend and quite happy to play this trash ironically from start to finish as I like playing coop games.

Back
Top Bottom