** Resident Evil Village Thread **

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Well I speak only form what it shows in the graphics menus.

When you set the texture beyond a certain point it goes red and says 'this might result in bugs'. I didn't measure anything. I'm just referring to what it says in the UI.

And I'm at 1440p too.

Whether it makes a difference if you go over the memory allocation in the UI I have no idea. But I kept it with in the 10GB buffer.
Those are incorrect. Was the same with Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Just max it out and it works just fine. If not sure, fire up afterburner and you will see.

Associate
It's so convoluted at this point, that they might as well shoehorn Frosty the Killer Snowman and evil leprechauns into the game. Point being, sentient plants and killer snakes, fair enough; but where is the line drawn?

Probably Frosty the Killer Snowman tbh, I genuinely don't see an issue with the vampire/lycan type enemies in this game. As long as you don't have to kill them with wooden stakes through the heart or silver bullets I have no problem with the lore of the game adding bio-weapons that need to feast on blood/flesh.

Soldato
Not bothering with the demo this time around considering launch date is not too faraway.

Tbh though, i preferred the zombies as the main bad guys, with the random areas of BoW's and boss battles. Zombies and Werewolves? FFS.

Associate
REvil as a franchise is dead to me really. I'm sure the games are fine in their own way but REvil games they ain't.

I find the simpler the universe, the better. Zombies, virus - nice and simple. Adding witchcraft, werewolves 'n' giant women is just nonsense. Same with REvil 0 and 7, stupid leachy monsters and mould spores, it's just not the same.

I'd also say the world is crying out for some new IP, this was Capcom's chance...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Agreed with the above this is pretty much RE in name only, with the odd reference to RE characters thrown in. It'd be a good game in its own right, at least as far as the last one is concerned.

I guess from a financial POV if they give it the RE name it generates more interest.

Soldato
Agreed with the above this is pretty much RE in name only, with the odd reference to RE characters thrown in. It'd be a good game in its own right, at least as far as the last one is concerned.

I guess from a financial POV if they give it the RE name it generates more interest.

People said the same about number 7 but it definitely felt like resident evil to me.

Associate
REvil as a franchise is dead to me really. I'm sure the games are fine in their own way but REvil games they ain't.

I find the simpler the universe, the better. Zombies, virus - nice and simple. Adding witchcraft, werewolves 'n' giant women is just nonsense. Same with REvil 0 and 7, stupid leachy monsters and mould spores, it's just not the same.

I'd also say the world is crying out for some new IP, this was Capcom's chance...

It's called evolution, I am a big RE fan and I personally love the direction they are taking, still elements of the older games there especially in 8, lots of RE4 references. You can't keep using the same old formula as it will get stale, also, people would be still moaning if it was the same as the originals without any advancements. They can't win either way.

Soldato
I like the look of the raytracing On vs OFF in the video, looking forward to see what the game looks like on the 3080 with it maxed out.

Soldato
I understand people prefer the simplicity of the older games but you wouldn't get as many games as this in a franchise if just stayed with just zombies imo.

Over the years I've enjoyed some of the spin offs, I enjoyed both revelations games for example.

7 isn't a spin off but changes the enemy type and for me it's one of the best entries in the franchise, village looks like it will top that.

2 and 2 remake are still my all time favourite of the series mind but like any series it has to evolve

Associate
It's called evolution, I am a big RE fan and I personally love the direction they are taking, still elements of the older games there especially in 8, lots of RE4 references. You can't keep using the same old formula as it will get stale, also, people would be still moaning if it was the same as the originals without any advancements. They can't win either way.

Nah, it's not evolution it's completely different. For lots of us that grew up with Resident Evil, it was about fixed cameras, survival horror, zombies and Umbrella. Obviously things stagnate over time but now this is the 950th Resident Evil game, it's hard to take seriously anymore - a horror game from Capcom doesn't need to feature the Resident Evil name (evidently it does).

The 90s era fans would love a new 'proper' REvil title, fixed cameras, atmosphere, zombies and genuinely scary I'm sure.

Series don't have to evolve either, just create a new IP. Look at the backlash Project Cars 3 got because it's so anti what the first two were... no different to REvil in that case.

Last edited:
Associate

Couldn’t agree more with this post. What I always wanted was a RE based on the first 2 with updated graphics and physics with zombies with actual ai that will chase after you. With a new story line. Not to much to ask is it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Couldn’t agree more with this post. What I always wanted was a RE based on the first 2 with updated graphics and physics with zombies with actual ai that will chase after you. With a new story line. Not to much to ask is it.
Apparently it is.

What did we get instead? Ethan Winters :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom