** Resident Evil Village Thread **

Soldato
Just watched some of the showcase live stream; I miss the days when RE was about killing zombies. This looks about as far removed from that as possible. I don't want to spoil anything for those who are looking forward to playing it, but the inclusion of a "certain type of creature" marks too much of a departure for me. I'll get it when it drops massively in price.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Just watched some of the showcase live stream; I miss the days when RE was about killing zombies. This looks about as far removed from that as possible. I don't want to spoil anything for those who are looking forward to playing it, but the inclusion of a "certain type of creature" marks too much of a departure for me. I'll get it when it drops massively in price.
:(

I did not watch it, but I know what you mean. Anything after Code Veronica has not been the same.

Associate

I thought that about RE7 at first, then absolute loved it.

For anyone interested check this out: https://www.reshdp.com/re2/

You can play the OG RE2/3 with HD textures in an emulator.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I thought that about RE7 at first, then absolute loved it.

For anyone interested check this out: https://www.reshdp.com/re2/

You can play the OG RE2/3 with HD textures in an emulator.
I plan to do that for my next play through, probably in about a year or so though as I only played them about a year or so ago and I usually like to give a few years break between replays.

Soldato
I enjoyed the trailers to be honest. I may even book the day off work for it!

I actually think Chris could become the bad guy, there are rumours 9 will also be a sequel to this. Is he going to become our next big baddie as no one has replaced Wesker really

Soldato
Not really enjoyed what I saw. Seems they really went with more action/setpieces and a more over-the-top plot but I also think the monsters in the demo looked really lame. I think I prefer even molded to that, lol. Will wait for reviews.

Also, preordering is bad:D

Associate
True, but I'm pretty sure RE1 didn't include werewolves and vampires though.
It did have lizard men, monster insects, a spider person, a sentient carnivorous plant, a giant snake and a giant shark though.
Animal hybrid BOWs have always been part of the setting so I don't see vampire bat or wolf based ones as being outside the realms of what's feasible

Soldato
It did have lizard men, monster insects, a spider person, a sentient carnivorous plant, a giant snake and a giant shark though.
Animal hybrid BOWs have always been part of the setting so I don't see vampire bat or wolf based ones as being outside the realms of what's feasible

It's so convoluted at this point, that they might as well shoehorn Frosty the Killer Snowman and evil leprechauns into the game. Point being, sentient plants and killer snakes, fair enough; but where is the line drawn?

Soldato
Someone will be along shortly to tell you pre-ordering is very bad and how it is a digital key and they won’t run out etc etc :p

I do hope it fits inside the 10GB frame buffer we have. :p

Jokes aside, I recently played RE3 and noticed that if you push up the textures it goes well over 10GB.

But then that is an old console game tweaked to run on modern hardware so not too fussed.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I do hope it fits inside the 10GB frame buffer we have. :p

Jokes aside, I recently played RE3 and noticed that if you push up the textures it goes well over 10GB.

But then that is an old console game tweaked to run on modern hardware so not too fussed.
Are you on about allocated or actually used? Most people do not understand the difference and keep going on about allocated like it is the same thing. Pretty sure that game would not need 10GB even at 4K :)

Soldato
Are you on about allocated or actually used? Most people do not understand the difference and keep going on about allocated like it is the same thing. Pretty sure that game would not need 10GB even at 4K :)

Well I speak only form what it shows in the graphics menus.

When you set the texture beyond a certain point it goes red and says 'this might result in bugs'. I didn't measure anything. I'm just referring to what it says in the UI.

And I'm at 1440p too.

Whether it makes a difference if you go over the memory allocation in the UI I have no idea. But I kept it with in the 10GB buffer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom