Resident Evil Village

Soldato
Can't wait to get hold of this now. Any replay value to it? I normally clear RE games several times over to max out weapons and achieve S ranks on all difficulties etc.

Soldato
Can't wait to get hold of this now. Any replay value to it? I normally clear RE games several times over to max out weapons and achieve S ranks on all difficulties etc.

You start the game + with everything from your last game. It would be worthwhile maxing as many guns as you can too as this will give inf ammo for that gun(s). You can still collect trophies with inf ammo enabled too.

Soldato
Jus
You start the game + with everything from your last game. It would be worthwhile maxing as many guns as you can too as this will give inf ammo for that gun(s). You can still collect trophies with inf ammo enabled too.

Just finished my 3rd Playthrough and managed to get the S.T.A.K.E with infinite ammo. It oneshots most enemies. Did the second run with the maxed out Wolfsbane and Chris’s AR with infinite ammo. It’s great fun! Still struggling finding that last goat tho I swear I have followed the guides but I am missing 1. Grrrr.
Not been able to do Giant lady in less than 2.5 mins yet but hopefully my maxed out stake should do the job. And struggling doing the doll boss in less than 1min30 as she seems to be in the first location all the time but then the other 2 are random and if you fail it you have to do that entire section again.

Soldato
My copy was delivered on Saturday but I'd started playing VII again as I'd got stuck two years ago and not picked it back up again. Gameranx suggested finishing VII before playing VIII, which I now agree with.

I was quite far through VII though and finished it off quite quickly, and started playing VIII Saturday night, what a fantastic game so far. I don't consider myself a fan of the RE series but looking back I've pretty much played and completed them all, except for 5 and 6.

Anyone else playing on an OLED?

The start of the game is virtually pitch black in the dark areas lol, I can’t see ****! I’ve adjusted it in the menu and isn’t a whole lot brighter, do I need to crank the brightness upon my tv?

My TV brightness was set to 50, upped it to 80 and it’s maybe a bit too bright now, what do others use who have an OLED/C9

just watched it, I see the brightness on his TV is 50 as well, and I already have dynamic tone mapping enabled, I think my problem is I’m not playing in a dark room lol

Just to chime in with a non OLED TV here and experiencing very much the same problems, a very dark game in more ways than one.

Caporegime
I'm still trying to understand why Amazon etc are selling this game for £55-60 and yet Tesco and some others are £40-45? Also, how can the Returnal developers expect people to be happy paying £70 for their game when they see this launching at nearly half the price? what is going on with game prices this generation?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
My copy was delivered on Saturday but I'd started playing VII again as I'd got stuck two years ago and not picked it back up again. Gameranx suggested finishing VII before playing VIII, which I now agree with.

I was quite far through VII though and finished it off quite quickly, and started playing VIII Saturday night, what a fantastic game so far. I don't consider myself a fan of the RE series but looking back I've pretty much played and completed them all, except for 5 and 6.

Just to chime in with a non OLED TV here and experiencing very much the same problems, a very dark game in more ways than one.

I found that once I got into the castle it wasn’t half as bad, and when I then went outside afterwards it was much better. I also played it at night in the dark and didn’t suffer any problems with it being too dark.

I did crank the TV brightness up to 80 (from 50) though to start with but it just didn’t look right.

Soldato
I'm still trying to understand why Amazon etc are selling this game for £55-60 and yet Tesco and some others are £40-45? Also, how can the Returnal developers expect people to be happy paying £70 for their game when they see this launching at nearly half the price? what is going on with game prices this generation?

I guess it's because Returnal is an exclusive to PlayStation, of which the numbers of machines out there are very low, whereas RE Village is being sold on many platforms.

I found that once I got into the castle it wasn’t half as bad, and when I then went outside afterwards it was much better. I also played it at night in the dark and didn’t suffer any problems with it being too dark.

I did crank the TV brightness up to 80 (from 50) though to start with but it just didn’t look right.

Yeah I cranked the brightness up but everything looked washed out. Can't wait to get back into it tonight after work :)

Soldato
I got very close to the end on re7 but never quite finished it. I'll try finish that first as others have recommended then I need to pick this up!

Definitely finish VII first mate - leads into Village nicely. Besides, it's a great game in and of itself.

Soldato
Definitely finish VII first mate - leads into Village nicely. Besides, it's a great game in and of itself.

It is very good indeed, different to all the other REs but a solid game nonetheless. I got lost/stuck at one point then got busy with work and never went back to it. Games don't scare me at all but I can't imagine playing re7 with a VR headset. :p

Soldato
Okay, just finished the second section which was hella creepy. Does the game get any scarier from that point on? Not sure how much more I can handle! :D

It is very good indeed, different to all the other REs but a solid game nonetheless. I got lost/stuck at one point then got busy with work and never went back to it. Games don't scare me at all but I can't imagine playing re7 with a VR headset. :p

Exactly the same with me mate! I was a few hours in and gave up, two years later I went back to it and googled what I had to do.

Caporegime
OP
Okay, just finished the second section which was hella creepy. Does the game get any scarier from that point on? Not sure how much more I can handle! :D

It’s very jumpy! I’m near the end and it’s been pretty consistent with it’s jump scares and tension throughout the areas.

Soldato
It’s very jumpy! I’m near the end and it’s been pretty consistent with it’s jump scares and tension throughout the areas.
I just finished it but I'd say the opposite, the peak of it being scary is the the second boss/area, 3rd boss onwards I felt it became less scary as it went on.

Even then 2nd boss is more creepy than scary I felt

Soldato

The first section of the game, whilst having its moments, felt fine to me. It's only when we got to the...

House with the dolls where I started to feel very uneasy! I guess it was more the psychological horror in that element that got me spooked, rather than the out and out horror.

I just finished it but I'd say the opposite, the peak of it being scary is the the second boss/area, 3rd boss onwards I felt it became less scary as it went on.

Even then 2nd boss is more creepy than scary I felt

I suppose it has a different impact on everyone but for me, in terms of being actually tense/anxious/scared/call it what you want, creepy will always supersede jump scares/standard horror in terms of how it makes you feel.

Associate
It is very dumbed down compared to RE7, village gets a solid 7/10 for me. I rate RE7 9/10.

The best mission for feeling uneasy was the fuse mission the rest of it did not really feel horror at all, I would compare it to Harry Potter standards.

Soldato
It is very dumbed down compared to RE7, village gets a solid 7/10 for me. I rate RE7 9/10.

Interesting. From a non horror fan I'm preferring RE8 so far.

The best mission for feeling uneasy was the fuse mission the rest of it did not really feel horror at all, I would compare it to Harry Potter standards.

I'm happy with this information, that fuse mission... *shudders*

Missus is getting properly spooked and is a massive HP fan, so this helps!

How are some of you guys on your third/forth play through's already! I bought it at launch and only just reached the Unborn gate! Mind you, I only game a few hours a night if I get time.

Same here, managed to get through VII on the weekend but week nights are basically restricted to a couple of hours max.

Caporegime
OP
Saw someone say they managed a run on easy in 1hr 55 mins, once you know what’s happening you can breeze through it.

For me the factory was right up there with the creations there, I hated them, yes they’re easy to deal with but still not a fun encounter.

Back
Top Bottom