*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
i have a few games that i played on my dk2 like "lucky's Tales" now I can play these games when connected to my pc with cable, but is there anyway to copy them to the headset so you can play them standalone? As I cant find a option that transfers them to the headset, and I cant search for these games in standalone mode?

Sorry, only games designed for Quest standalone can be run on the Quest itself without a PC. If you want to play them wireless you can use Airlink or Virtual Desktop to stream the game from your PC.

Soldato
Sorry, only games designed for Quest standalone can be run on the Quest itself without a PC. If you want to play them wireless you can use Airlink or Virtual Desktop to stream the game from your PC.

Ok thankyou for letting me know, I am pleased that I can still play lucky tales as I didn't think it worked for the quest 2 at all.

Soldato
Are there any decent rubber/silicon grips for the hand controllers as they are quite slippery and not really long enough, and I find my hands keep slipping down the grips, making the buttons harder to reach and press?

Soldato
I can kind of see 2 eyepieces when wearing the Quest 2, they kind of overlap thereselfs and the side views are not very clear and I have tried all the IPD settings? I didnt have this problem with the old DK2, as I could only see 1 eyepiece when wearing the DK2.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey all, I've been trying to get my Quest 2 to show up my pc so I can transfer a video across.
I have it connected via a USB C cable but it is not registering on the pc.
Do I have to have the Oculus software installed in order to mount the quest storage on a PC?

Soldato
Hey all, I've been trying to get my Quest 2 to show up my pc so I can transfer a video across.
I have it connected via a USB C cable but it is not registering on the pc.
Do I have to have the Oculus software installed in order to mount the quest storage on a PC?

I don't think you need the oculus software installed on the PC, but you do need to enable the quest to allow the PC to the files on the quest a s device.
You get a popup box in the quest when you connect it to PC.

Soldato
Thanks, I tried 3 or 4 times yesterday with different cables and did not get a pop-up on the Oculus display.
I'll try again in a a bit using a different port on the PC

For basic transferring of files you shouldn't need any additional software. Just plug the Quest into a USB port and you should get a pop-up inside the headset.

For sideloading you need the Oculus ODB driver, which you can get from the Oculus developer site.

Associate
Just tried again with the link cable in 2 different USB C ports. I get the windows sound when I connect the Quest.
But no pop-up in the quest display, and no sign of the Quest under My Computer

Associate
Ok had to enable USB connection dialogue in the Dev settings on the headset.
It's now showing up in Win Explorer on one of my pc's. Although showing up as disconnected in the Oculus software..

Soldato
Ok had to enable USB connection dialogue in the Dev settings on the headset.
It's now showing up in Win Explorer on one of my pc's. Although showing up as disconnected in the Oculus software..

When you say it's disconnected in the oculus software, is that the link feature is not enabled? As you should be able to see the quest with out going full PCVR mode.

Soldato
My Q2 has sat on the shelf for a while not being used but today I tried MSFS. Wow, definitely a great game for VR... if I can get it run well! I have a 6800XT and it is very juddery on anything except the lowest settings (I have to turn it down from it's "VR" graphics preset). However at the same time my official Link Cable is apparently running at 1.1Gbps when it used to be 2.5 or something. Is this likely to be too slow? It's connected to a X470 motherboard usb-C slot.

Soldato
My Q2 has sat on the shelf for a while not being used but today I tried MSFS. Wow, definitely a great game for VR... if I can get it run well! I have a 6800XT and it is very juddery on anything except the lowest settings (I have to turn it down from it's "VR" graphics preset). However at the same time my official Link Cable is apparently running at 1.1Gbps when it used to be 2.5 or something. Is this likely to be too slow? It's connected to a X470 motherboard usb-C slot.

What version of oculus software do you have on the quest and PC? Version 26 gimped the link speed for a lot of folks but it seems to have improved with V29.

Soldato
Now I am trying to buy Asgard's Wrath using my £8 store credit (not sure where that came from) and my Paypal, which is up to date, and the OCULUS30 voucher code and it says payment failed on my phone app and it just crashes the desktop app :(

Edit - never mind it did it on the 5th attempt as soon as I had posted this!

Soldato
I uninstalled it, taking up too much room unfortunately. Don't have the play space to really enjoy it. Did really enjoy my single play through though, and excited to try it again with my better graphics card.

Soldato

From what I have seen that is the general experience, Now if Oculus gave the Q2 a dedicated mini display port or mini HDMI port so a PC could be hooked up, Like the Rift CV1 or Rift S, This would greatly increase performance and picture quality and completely bypass the video encoding/decoding that goes on over Link/Airlink.

Back
Top Bottom