*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
From what I have seen that is the general experience, Now if Oculus gave the Q2 a dedicated mini display port or mini HDMI port so a PC could be hooked up, Like the Rift CV1 or Rift S, This would greatly increase performance and picture quality and completely bypass the video encoding/decoding that goes on over Link/Airlink.

It'd be great if the next Quest (possibly Quest Pro) had a mini display port connection.

Underboss
Associate
I hate it when i have to put the guardian back on for some games
as i have developer mode on, i switch the guardian off as i ate seeing it in VR

It's a pain having to turn it on or off depending on where or what I'm playing. The stationary guardian is far too aggressive when playing seated with a controller.

Soldato
Played Dirt rally for the first time with my quest2 and wow, a much better experience than with the DK2, Because the pixels was really off putting with the DK2 and I could only last for a few mins before feeling sick.. But with the Quest 2 I can floor it and slide around corners without wanting to puke.. :D

Soldato
Interesting video. I knew they'd originally gone for trackpads, and later changed them. The Quest controllers don't actually have full parity with the original Touch controllers, as they're missing a capacitive thumb rest. However they put that back in the Quest 2 controllers, which are the best controllers since the original Rift Touch controllers (which still havent been beaten for balance, ergonomics, and robustness).
The Index controllers may be more advanced, but the button and stick layout is awful, due to the useless trackpad slapped in between them.

Soldato
I played hl alyx last night for the first time, but with not fully in control with my muscles I found it quite hard to use the thumb stick for moving around:(. I hope I will get the hang of it and teach my muscles todo what I want for a change.

Associate
Played Dirt rally for the first time with my quest2 and wow, a much better experience than with the DK2, Because the pixels was really off putting with the DK2 and I could only last for a few mins before feeling sick.. But with the Quest 2 I can floor it and slide around corners without wanting to puke.. :D

Are you playing with a wheel? I had a quick go & it was amazing. Racing in VR with wheel & pedals is the way to go imo!

Associate
I've got a Playseat Challenge and a G29 wheel, shifter and pedals, and VR racing is absolutely incredible in that. Folds up very small too.

Also running the same set up, only recently got the shifter, adds so much immersion.

Downloaded a custom feedback file for PC2 and you can feel all the vibrations through the seat...poor man's butt shaker

Back
Top Bottom