*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
So it hasnt lived up to the hype at all then?

Is there any games you would compare it to?

It has for me, but then again my hype was at reasonable level.

I would say it is not any worse than Deus Ex HR/MD though. It is quite similar in high level design, but takes place in fully realized city and not just a few city blocks. To me that's awesome.

Deus Ex games are also a must play though.

Just play it and ignore what other people think - make up your own mind!

But make sure you have a good PC to run it on. 60fps and SSD are prerequisites for great experience.

Soldato
Hi All,

I am looking to purchase cyberpunk (PC), but I am just wondering what everyones current thoughts are on the game and if its worth buying yet?

Thank you :)

Completely depends on what you want and expect from the game to be honest. As has been posted many times, it's nowhere near what was promised and hyped up, BUT that doesn't mean it's a bad game in itself. If you're expecting what was promised a few years ago then you'll be disappointed. If you're expecting a huge, beautiful game with (IMO) some very good story writing, characters & atmosphere, but a few bugs and jank then that's pretty much what you'll get.

Personally, I really enjoyed it, found the city very immersive (albeit missing a lot of the "life" which was promised), and had the quality storytelling to be expected from CDPR. I experienced a minimum of bugs (e.g. a few missing textures, T poses, characters doing strange things) and 2-3 crashes to desktop over > 120 hours of play.

Associate
Cyberpunk is great in my opinion. I avoided all hype around it before release. I knew it was an RPG type game set in a futuristic world. That was about it!
I think it has received an unfair level of criticism. To liken it to Aliens Colonial Marines is a bit unjustified. . . .can you not remember how bad that game was!? That game was one of the few I have played for less than an hour and then immediately uninstalled in disgust!
CP2077 can never enter that category - even with its flaws I find the game totally absorbing. And that's why I play games.

Associate
i'm enjoying it, there's few bits of annoyance but thats the same for all games imo. I love the setting, the dirtiness of NC etc. Annoyed I cant get into more buildings though but i think what would i do when in there?.

Major annoyance for me, is the same music on every battle/fight. Or am i missing something obvious and i can do that myself?

Soldato
Went through the interlude, pretty fun and it's opened up now. My gripes still remain though.

Also, I'm having some pretty hilarious stuff happening, I killed a guy and his gun just kept floating in mid-air shooting at me and I died:p Haven't seen stuff like this for quite a long time:D

As for comparisons with Deus Ex, it's absolutely worse so far. I'll always prefer a smaller, denser world with actual depth to skin-deep beauty. There's more consequence in Deus Ex and actual worthwile exploration, I also get to choose what I'm going to say in many instances and the game rolls with it instead pointing me towards the correct option. I was more immersed in HR and MD even though the scale is incomparable. The city in CP, although absolutely the star of the show, is just there.

It's also pretty empty in many places, my CPU is getting pretty hammered but there are very few of those mindless zombies around. It's really noticeable, especially when they appear out of the blue and disappear into thin air.

Associate
I really enjoyed it! OK, it fell short of the original premise/claims, but the characters, plot and gameplay were all really good. I just wish things like the minigames were more cyber, but... OK.
I'd say ignore the moaning masses and give it a go. Just be glad you're not playing on a PS4 :O

ne0

ne0

Associate
I'll be honest, it's probably me just remembering the one combat score and getting grumpy

There's a mod which removes that crap. In fact there's a mod to remove pretty much all the annoying crap in most games. Isn't this one of the reasons we game on pc?

Associate
i am still yet to properly get into this game, it is officially in my mind the game that has made me realise it is time to get some upgrades for my set up as the 980ti is starting to really show its age when it comes to running this game. The GeForce RTX 3060 ROG Strix OC Gaming 12GB GDDR6 card should do the trick right??

Man of Honour
Also, I'm having some pretty hilarious stuff happening, I killed a guy and his gun just kept floating in mid-air shooting at me and I died:p Haven't seen stuff like this for quite a long time

I had a few instances where an enemy was supposedly dead, not even in an unconscious state, and kept yelling insults at me every now and again.

Soldato
i am still yet to properly get into this game, it is officially in my mind the game that has made me realise it is time to get some upgrades for my set up as the 980ti is starting to really show its age when it comes to running this game. The GeForce RTX 3060 ROG Strix OC Gaming 12GB GDDR6 card should do the trick right??
CPU, RAM and drive matter too.
But yes as far as GPU is concerned 3060 should be fine for 1440p with DLSS quality and everything maxed except RT.

Back
Top Bottom