*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Just want to shout out how good the customer service at Oculus is. My son dropped his headset and smashed one of the sensors.

I spoke to Oculus support and explained what happened fully expecting to have to pay for the repairs but they've said they'll replace it for free! They said it was because I was honest about what happened and didn't try to pull a fast one.

Associate
Is anyone elses eye piece / lense bit loose after swapping the original strap for th elite strap? I remember is was quite stiff to remove but now feels like it will pop off at the slightest grab now.

Soldato
Is anyone elses eye piece / lense bit loose after swapping the original strap for th elite strap? I remember is was quite stiff to remove but now feels like it will pop off at the slightest grab now.

You mean the facial interface that holds the padding? If so, yes, mine feels a bit looser, but you have to make sure it's clicked in all the way too.

Associate
I've been experiencing stutters for moving objects at 72hz and 80hz that disappear when selecting 90 or 120hz. Or, when starting a recording using AMD Adrenalin's screen capture functionality... Which leads me to think its AMD encoder related. I can also see the encoder latency is way too high for 72 and 80hz (20+ ms).

Only occurs when using Air Link by the way, not when using Link.

I think I started noticing it when going from an 5700XT to 6800, but it might have been there all the time.
Complete format of pc and various drivers haven't changed a thing. Only thing that has an effect is starting a screen recording on the pc.

When I record the video using Oculus Quest 2 it doesn't capture the stuttery movement of my hands or other moving objects.

More details here if someone is curious: https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQues...t_2_air_link_poor_performance_only_at_72_and/

Haven't really encountered someone experiencing the same. Oculus offered to exchange the Q2, but I doubt it's hardware related.

Associate
Maybe try using Virtual Desktop to test?

*Edit*
Looks like you can choose a different encoder when using VD. HVEC or H264/5.
Might be worth a try?

VD is working smoothly at 72hz. Only exception seems to be after I've ran Air Link and then return to Virtual Desktop. Killing the Oculus Dash executable seems to then remove the stutter for VD again. Maybe Oculus Dash is the culprit, but you can't use Air Link to launch games/SteamVR without Oculus Dash as far as I know.

Last edited:
Associate
Blimey Oculus are being generous lately, just got an £8 credit added to my account along with a 30% discount code within 2 days! Trouble is there is nothing I'm really interested in buying right now. First world problems I know. :p

Soldato
Blimey Oculus are being generous lately, just got an £8 credit added to my account along with a 30% discount code within 2 days! Trouble is there is nothing I'm really interested in buying right now. First world problems I know. :p

Get Walk about mini golf, if you don't have it already.

Associate
Yah, but the Asgard Wrath ,HL Alyx, Arizona Sunshine,PC2, AC etc.. are good :) VR needs another group of games like this urgently , as I can't even be ars*d to put the headset on anymore. Maybe once a month for PC2.
Don't forget Star Wars Squadrons! That game is incredible in vr with a HOTAS and truly transforms it

Back
Top Bottom