*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Went round another couples' house for a barbecue last night. The boyfriend is a gamer and had an Occulus Quest 2. Let me try it as I've been curious about VR but not experienced it yet.

First thing I did this morning was go out and buy one myself :D Really is an amazing experience. I've spent the last hour and a half in my living room playing PistolWhip. I only stopped because the battery ran out and it shut down mid level.

I'm dripping with sweat, so I'm hoping that an added bonus is that I might lose a bit of beef while gaming now :D

Any suggestions for essential games? As well as having Pistolwhip, I've got SuperHot and BeatSabre on my list to try. Interested to see if there's anything else I shouldn't miss.
Have you got a gaming PC too or are you just looking for Quest games?
In that department I'd say Moss is a great kind of top down action game that has lovely environments and great storybook style, Walking Dead Saints and Sinners is supposed to be impressive on the Quest (highly rated!) And also population one is a battle royal in vr that has a huge amount of freedom of movement. I mean there are a ton of others in different genres as well to depends what you're looking for :D great to hear people's positive first experiences in vr!

Soldato
Have you got a gaming PC too or are you just looking for Quest games?
In that department I'd say Moss is a great kind of top down action game that has lovely environments and great storybook style, Walking Dead Saints and Sinners is supposed to be impressive on the Quest (highly rated!) And also population one is a battle royal in vr that has a huge amount of freedom of movement. I mean there are a ton of others in different genres as well to depends what you're looking for :D great to hear people's positive first experiences in vr!

I do, as I'm primarily a pc gamer, but it's not cutting edge (Vega 56 GFX). It does for the sort of games I play, but one of the reasons I've never engaged with VR is because I thought they were really just peripherals that you need a PC to play, so the attraction of the Quest is having a standalone 'console' that I can pick up and play in the living room. However, i have seen a tutorial online that suggests that you can play HL:Alyx on the Quest, so that is something I'd like to give a go if my PC can handle it. Is the same true for other games too?

Associate
I do, as I'm primarily a pc gamer, but it's not cutting edge (Vega 56 GFX). It does for the sort of games I play, but one of the reasons I've never engaged with VR is because I thought they were really just peripherals that you need a PC to play, so the attraction of the Quest is having a standalone 'console' that I can pick up and play in the living room. However, i have seen a tutorial online that suggests that you can play HL:Alyx on the Quest, so that is something I'd like to give a go if my PC can handle it. Is the same true for other games too?
Oh that's good, not the most powerful especially for the Quest 2 which has a high resolution so you would have to turn some settings down or down scale the resolution but should be doable!
Half Life Alyx is of course a must play and since you have a pc I'd say give Robo Recall on PC a go! Some games you can buy for the Quest and they'll also be downloadable for PC on the oculus app (just google oculus cross buy games). With a pc you also have oculus games like Asgard's Wrath, stormland, Lone Echo (which i HIGHLY recommend!) and a personal favorite of mine; Star Wars Squadrons in vr which completely transforms the experience!
I would recommend checking how good your router is and if it has 5g and using air link which is built in to the free Oculus software on pc. This allows you to play PC games wirelessly on the quest through your wifi and is honestly the best way to play PC VR. Have fun!!

Soldato
Oh that's good, not the most powerful especially for the Quest 2 which has a high resolution so you would have to turn some settings down or down scale the resolution but should be doable!
Half Life Alyx is of course a must play and since you have a pc I'd say give Robo Recall on PC a go! Some games you can buy for the Quest and they'll also be downloadable for PC on the oculus app (just google oculus cross buy games). With a pc you also have oculus games like Asgard's Wrath, stormland, Lone Echo (which i HIGHLY recommend!) and a personal favorite of mine; Star Wars Squadrons in vr which completely transforms the experience!
I would recommend checking how good your router is and if it has 5g and using air link which is built in to the free Oculus software on pc. This allows you to play PC games wirelessly on the quest through your wifi and is honestly the best way to play PC VR. Have fun!!

Awesome. I've got a BT Home Hub which has decent WiFi and the pc is connected to that by ethernet, so hopefully it should be quick enough. I particularly like the sound of Squadrons, because it seems to me that VR is perfect for anything where you're sitting still...flight aims, driving, etc. So I'll definitely try that. Cheers :)

Associate
Awesome. I've got a BT Home Hub which has decent WiFi and the pc is connected to that by ethernet, so hopefully it should be quick enough. I particularly like the sound of Squadrons, because it seems to me that VR is perfect for anything where you're sitting still...flight aims, driving, etc. So I'll definitely try that. Cheers :)
Yeah I believe I've heard quite a few people use a bit home hub and get good performance out of it so should be good to go, and you're connected by Ethernet which is a big help.
Yep Squadrons feels like a Disney ride but in your own home every time, it's that good! Any star wars fan that can try it, should play it plus on the steam sale it's only £13 so complete bargain imo! If you can afford to splurge a bit more I would also go for a HOTAS to play that as it really adds to the immersion of flying in vr. I use the Thrustmaster t.flight HOTAS X and it's great in squadrons and Flight SIM 2020! But even on a controller or m&k it's still a great game

Don
After a house move I now have a dedicated VR space so looking to update from my Vive.

I intend to do most of my VR gaming streaming from my PC (sat in the same room) so is there any benefit of buying the 256GB version compared to the 64GB version considering the rather sizeable price difference?

Do these come up on sale very often?

Soldato
After a house move I now have a dedicated VR space so looking to update from my Vive.

I intend to do most of my VR gaming streaming from my PC (sat in the same room) so is there any benefit of buying the 256GB version compared to the 64GB version considering the rather sizeable price difference?

You'd probably be fine with the 64gb. As long as you don't mind uninstalling/reinstalling stuff, then definitely 64gb. I've not filled my 64gb, but then I've not been in a rush to download all sorts of games etc, still got a decent selection though.

You can often find them with £10-20 off, or you can go via clearance in OCUK for instance, and get one for £250, that still has the 14 day returns and 90 day warranty (in case the lenses aren't good). There's often open box returns from the indian food place's ebay etc that have some savings too.

Associate

I got the 256gb one and have no where near filled it even to 64gb so if, as you say, you're planning on mostly gaming from the pc anyway you will absolutely be fine with the 64gb version. Unless you're planning on downloading a bunch of movies or something to it

Associate
Does anybody use Headphone with their Quest 2?

I tried some in earphones but the Volume is so low even on the highest setting. I'm just wondering if there is a setting that I have missed.

Don
You'd probably be fine with the 64gb. As long as you don't mind uninstalling/reinstalling stuff, then definitely 64gb. I've not filled my 64gb, but then I've not been in a rush to download all sorts of games etc, still got a decent selection though.

You can often find them with £10-20 off, or you can go via clearance in OCUK for instance, and get one for £250, that still has the 14 day returns and 90 day warranty (in case the lenses aren't good). There's often open box returns from the indian food place's ebay etc that have some savings too.

I got the 256gb one and have no where near filled it even to 64gb so if, as you say, you're planning on mostly gaming from the pc anyway you will absolutely be fine with the 64gb version. Unless you're planning on downloading a bunch of movies or something to it

Thanks both, in stock with John Lewis so ordered there at RRP as it includes the JL 2-year warranty!

Associate
I regret getting the 64gb. More and more games are coming out in the +5gb range now. My headset is full. I rarely play PCVR so games like Arizona Sunshine and Saints and Sinners were nice to have native on Quest. But they, like several others, take over 8gb and I can't justify so much space lost to them. I had to uninstall them and a few others in order to play some new stuff. We wish we had the 256gb one now. Might get one anyway and keep the 64 as a spare.

64gb was fine for first year but I built a wee collection of games on sale and with newer games getting bigger, I think 256gb is essential.

Associate
I regret getting the 64gb. More and more games are coming out in the +5gb range now. My headset is full. I rarely play PCVR so games like Arizona Sunshine and Saints and Sinners were nice to have native on Quest. But they, like several others, take over 8gb and I can't justify so much space lost to them. I had to uninstall them and a few others in order to play some new stuff. We wish we had the 256gb one now. Might get one anyway and keep the 64 as a spare.

64gb was fine for first year but I built a wee collection of games on sale and with newer games getting bigger, I think 256gb is essential.
The person asking about 64gb Vs 256gb did say that they want to be gaming mostly from pc to the headset though which is what I do a lot of and I've not nearly filled it up over 6 months so far

Back
Top Bottom