The Online Dating Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Haha you too , I was surprised by your accent
That was around the time I started sorting myself out the meets really helped me get my confidence back

A lot of people are! :D

Well you were on good form, and you weren't overwhelmed by the group that knew each other and were full of banter - so you were definitely in a good place :)

Soldato
Good luck in Australia! Nice to hear a happy ending to a story... where are you moving to? I'd love to emigrate but sadly I think we're stuck in the UK/NHS for a little while longer.

Online dating sounds terrible and I'm pleased to have avoided it!

Thanks buddy!

We're moving to the Sunshine Coast! Have our one way flights booked for end of October, but if they get cancelled, which a lot of the flights are at the minute we are going to spend one more xmas here in the UK and go just after xmas.

It was a damn hard process, took about 3 years and 10k in total, but it's worth it now!

Are you Medical? You should give it a try if you are! :)

Soldato
reminds self: be kind to the wife... we don't want to experience this kind of world EVER
My thoughts exactly. It's either "it's so hard to get attention because women are so selective these days" or "I'm king dong and I smash and grab everything I look at, I'm the king!".

Please! Whatever happened to just meeting someone by chance in the "real world" :D

Man of Honour
Please! Whatever happened to just meeting someone by chance in the "real world" :D

I met my first wife in the “real world”, I was at a party and on my way to get a top up, I asked her if she'd like a drink, she said yes please and I just ran with it.
I met the girl that was cited in my divorce by walking into a pub, laying eyes on her and and getting struck by ‘un coup de foudre’, that too was the “real world.”
I met my second and definitely final wife when I picked her up in my Black Cab in London, and after gently ‘putting the bite’ on her, eventually got it together a few months later.

You realize some men 'can't get it up?'

Asexual if that's what you want to call it, in online terminology he would be a classic volcel (voluntary celibate).

Naturally I have no knowledge on John’s ability to ‘get it up’, or otherwise, but I think that volcel might have been a better fit for him.

My plan was to simply get drunk, not to meet women.

My point is, nothing can ever happen that justifies spouting incel ideology.

I like your stories, but only to read them, i certainly would not want to live through any of them.

That’s okay, I look back on some of them with a degree of mental anguish myself, but most were okay.

I think you've conflated platinums post with who he was quoting.

Platinum was saying he'd go out and just meet people talk and things would happen. He was arguing against the point of men become incells because "women are mean" and that its the incells man's attitude to women that's off putting to women, not the man's physicality.

On re-reading the post in question you could well be right, I may have been a tad impulsive there.

Man of Honour
Please! Whatever happened to just meeting someone by chance in the "real world"

Just as messy in the real world :s first girl I was involved with, wasn't over her ex and I eventually got unceremoniously ditched for her ex when he wanted to get back with her. I found out many years later she'd actually cheated on her ex with a friend of mine hence they split up originally :s the next one after dating for awhile turns out she had a long term boy friend already, signs where there to be honest but I was young and naive and took me awhile to pick up on it. Around that point she accidentally sent her boy friend a text message intended for me while drunk and he broke up with her, we didn't last long after that either.

I'm much more like John above these days, not really that interested for the sake of it and my life at the moment isn't ideal for being involved with someone - so kind of disinterested unless right time, right person, right place.

Soldato
Thanks buddy!

We're moving to the Sunshine Coast! Have our one way flights booked for end of October, but if they get cancelled, which a lot of the flights are at the minute we are going to spend one more xmas here in the UK and go just after xmas.

It was a damn hard process, took about 3 years and 10k in total, but it's worth it now!

Are you Medical? You should give it a try if you are! :)

Sounds fantastic, but I didn’t realise it was such an involved process! Hope you get out there, uncertain times with the flights and COVID over there. We’re both medical so hopefully would get visas, but I don’t think I could convince my wife to move permanently. Perhaps a year fellowship!

Soldato
Sounds fantastic, but I didn’t realise it was such an involved process! Hope you get out there, uncertain times with the flights and COVID over there. We’re both medical so hopefully would get visas, but I don’t think I could convince my wife to move permanently. Perhaps a year fellowship!

Thanks mate, yeh the reason for flight cancellations are because only permanent residents and citizens are allowed in so sometimes not enough on the plane to make it financially viable for the air line!

Yeh mate you would get permanent visas for sure, but the process is so damn tiring I tell ya, almost gave up a few times!

Associate
Literally all of online dating proves that women only judge men on two criteria - their physical stats and income.

You wont even get a chance to meet a woman or even get many messages if you fail to meet those criteria.

People who aren't noticing this likely simply pass on those criteria so it's never mentioned within their online dating experience. To top 80% of women generally only consider the top 20% of men, and its been as such since the advent of online dating.

Soldato
And the average man is invisible to the average woman.

This is why we have more virgin men in the world (and not by choice) compared to virgin women. Decades ago it was the other way around.

Soldato
Glad I did most of my online hook ups late 90's, early 2000's when you had sites like Faceparty, Interrodate, even AOL chat rooms to some extent. Was easy to get chatting for a while and arrange the next weekends activities. The net wasn't as obviously accessible back then so the girls you'd normally meet up with at least had something about them and weren't vacuous idiots, for the most part at least.

None of the hookups ever really lasted, longest was two years then met my current wife in the real world when I got a new job and been together close to 14 years now.

Soldato
Literally all of online dating proves that women only judge men on two criteria - their physical stats and income.

You wont even get a chance to meet a woman or even get many messages if you fail to meet those criteria.

People who aren't noticing this likely simply pass on those criteria so it's never mentioned within their online dating experience. To top 80% of women generally only consider the top 20% of men, and its been as such since the advent of online dating.
i have to agree in vast majority, the shallowness is off the scale with a lot of women

Soldato

I did pretty well on Tinder. Frequent dates, numerous medium term things. Met my long term girlfriend on it.

I never posted any of my physical stats or my salary…
I suspect it’s your lack of chat, a bad profile (you claim not to have one but you seem very bitter about being rejected on dating apps…), and your complete inability to chat to women because you have some weird dislike of them.

It has nothing to do with your height or money. It has everything to do with your personality. And it’s clear to everyone on this forum that that, modifiable, trait is absolute garbage.

Stop blaming women for your failings and go do something about it.

Associate
Sure, just ignore literally every profile saying 6'+ and must be earning £xxxxx.

In fact you tell anyone you're on disability benefits and instant rejection.

Women don't give the slightest crap about your personality, they only pay attention to that AFTER you meet all the physical and wealth requirements. The number of single mothers out there are all the proof that this requires.

Soldato

An pandemic, that's what happened.

How are you going to meet anyone in the "real world" if pubs, clubs and social events have stopped for nearly 2 years?

Not even the ability to leave your own home in certain cases.

Soldato

To be honest I did really well on Tinder and I am only 5'7 which was clearly in my profile, I am fit/muscular (been going gym for 10 years) but had no photos with top off, rate my looks as a solid 7 maybe an 8, average job (nhs nurse) but I'm quite confident and got over 1000 matches on tinder.

I think it was my personality that got me all the dates etc I've been told I'm very funny, laid back, I have a lot to talk about even with people I've just met and I show an interest in the womens passions/hobbies etc, I have a lot of passions that I still do such as Astronomy, Rock Climbing, Hiking and Rollerblading and infact it was Rollerblading that got me and the Mrs rolling (excuse the pun) :D

Sure there are definitely women out there that will not accept anything under 6ft, dark and handsome with a good job but are these the kind of women you would want to date anyway?

I remember my friend asking me about Tinder as he saw how much fun I was having, so he setup a profile and although he is a lovely bloke, his profile was so creepy and odd, it was just big face shots with poor lighting, he wasn't outside doing anything in any of them so no girl was gonna swipe on that.

Soldato
An pandemic, that's what happened.

How are you going to meet anyone in the "real world" if pubs, clubs and social events have stopped for nearly 2 years?

Not even the ability to leave your own home in certain cases.
Wait? What are you in it for? The long game or the short one where you just need to get your end away?

Soldato
i have to agree in vast majority, the shallowness is off the scale with a lot of women
I think this is due to the vast majority of women just not taking the online dating scene seriously. I've seen what they are like with them and it's just a game where they discuss dick pics and snigger about it with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom