******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Character reset takes 15 mins, not 2-3 hours.
Probably best to leave it alone until the next hotfix and see how that goes if you're having that bad of a time.
The support pages say it will generally be available within 15 minutes..... but advise that logging in too soon may cause further issues, so advise waiting at least an hour. Elsewhere it's been advised that those experiencing repeated problems should wait at least 2 hours, but ideally 3.

Soldato
Ok, so free fly week on the 18th... It's no secret that this patch is a bit of a **********, so good luck with that! No pressure, lads :cry::eek:
Anyone been checking out the current PTU?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Ok, so free fly week on the 18th... It's no secret that this patch is a bit of a ***********, so good luck with that! No pressure, lads :cry::eek:
Haha yeh, let's hope they get some fixes in place or it's really not going to be a good first impression for anyone trying it for the first time!

Played on the PU for a few hours last night, doing some ERT missions. 2 friends in a Connie, me in a Superhornet and another in a light fighter (he jumped through a few different ones...)
The combat changes feel good, it's definitely a step up in difficulty trying to fly a solo fighter versus other ships. Running pure lasers on my ship to save constant ammo restocking and the small burst size from the capacitors is taking some getting used to. The ammo change combined with the AI seemingly doing a better job of evading and missiles being a significant threat is a real workout. Hadn't realised that the Hurricane had had it's shield loadout changed too, was really struggling to kill them and thought I'd just lost the ability to shoot :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Personally, I'm not hugely enjoying the combat changes for solo fighters. I don't really mind the capacitor stuff - and find it better to have a couple of ballistic weapons so that the available energy pool doesn't get spread around so much, lowering shot count for the lasers. You end up in a cycle of taking their shields down, then they recharge while your capacitors are replenishing.
Just use the bullets sparingly and it's not a big deal to re-arm, especially if you've used up your missiles anyway.

What I'm not really liking is the drastically reduced maneuverability for ships like the Sabre.

What is vastly improved is multicrew, specifically turrets, which is almost a necessity now. I get the feeling they're trying to force people into grouping up in either one ship or multiple smaller ships, which isn't a bad thing.
Anyway, it's only the first step with these changes and I'm sure the balance will be tweaked many times along the way.

Soldato
Personally, I'm not hugely enjoying the combat changes for solo fighters. I don't really mind the capacitor stuff - and find it better to have a couple of ballistic weapons so that the available energy pool doesn't get spread around so much, lowering shot count for the lasers. You end up in a cycle of taking their shields down, then they recharge while your capacitors are replenishing.
Just use the bullets sparingly and it's not a big deal to re-arm, especially if you've used up your missiles anyway.

What I'm not really liking is the drastically reduced maneuverability for ships like the Sabre.

What is vastly improved is multicrew, specifically turrets, which is almost a necessity now. I get the feeling they're trying to force people into grouping up in either one ship or multiple smaller ships, which isn't a bad thing.
Anyway, it's only the first step with these changes and I'm sure the balance will be tweaked many times along the way.

I need to experiment some more. Flew a few missions the other day in my SuperHornet with 3x CF337 as the main weapons and swapped the size 4 turret mount through a few options. Tried the Revenant, the Deadbolt and then finally the CF447 Rhino. The Revenant was nice but I was running out of ammo after 2-3 kills most of the time - need to up my accuracy before going back to that I think. The Deadbolt just seemed ineffective, so the fact the ammo lasted longer seemed a moot point. Currently still using the Rhino, but now you've mentioned it - I should check more closely how that affects the capacitor. From the sounds of things, changing that back to a ballistic would mean a larger pool of capacitor for the other guns - so more shots per recharge? Have I understood that right?

As for Multicrew / Turrets. I agree, they're in a strong place right now. I think the turrets have currently been made OP to get more people flying multicrew to test the game better.

Soldato
From the sounds of things, changing that back to a ballistic would mean a larger pool of capacitor for the other guns - so more shots per recharge? Have I understood that right?
Precisely :)
It could be argued that it ultimately results in the same thing. You still have the same amount of shots, it's just they're spread out over all your energy weapons, so that, say you have 100 shots spread over 4 of the same lasers, giving you 25 shots per gun. Swap two of those for ballistics and you now have 50 shots for each laser.
It's basically a choice between sustained fire and doing more damage at once if you like to fire them all at the same time. Of course, you can just use two fire groups and use one while the other charges.

Given that ballistics are more powerful now, I like to have more laser shots available at once and have the ability to throw some bullets at them if needed.

Oh, and as for your Hornet, you'll find that sticking two size 2's up top is more powerful than one size 4.

Last edited:
Soldato
Precisely :)
It could be argued that it ultimately results in the same thing. You still have the same amount of shots, it's just they're spread out over all your energy weapons, so that, say you have 100 shots spread over 4 of the same lasers, giving you 25 shots per gun. Swap two of those for ballistics and you now have 50 shots for each laser.
It's basically a choice between sustained fire and doing more damage at once if you like to fire them all at the same time. Of course, you can just use two fire groups and use one while the other charges.

Given that ballistics are more powerful now, I like to have more laser shots available at once and have the ability to throw some bullets at them if needed.

Oh, and as for your Hornet, you'll find that sticking two size 2's up top is more powerful than one size 4.
Good stuff re: capacitor behaviour. Makes sense, I'll experiment with some more loadouts. Interesting point about 2x S2s vs 1x S4. I'll try that, can also try running 2x S1s on the nose instead of 1x S3. That looks to also gain me raw dps, and since afaik they've not added the armour in to make larger weapons have the extra penetration maybe more small guns is better!

Soldato
Man they've really made the cutlass crap now. My blue handles like a tank, got blown up doing a low risk bounty! I don't have a second person for the turret so it makes it much harder... Will have to get an in game gladius or something now!

Soldato
Man they've really made the cutlass crap now. My blue handles like a tank, got blown up doing a low risk bounty! I don't have a second person for the turret so it makes it much harder... Will have to get an in game gladius or something now!
They've done that to the Frelancer, Connie and even the Vanguards.
It's to force people into using the turrets in multicrew, which is great if you have mates online at the time... but otherwise means you have to just take randoms and risk getting shot in the back of the head while they steal your ship.

Soldato
They've done that to the Frelancer, Connie and even the Vanguards.
It's to force people into using the turrets in multicrew, which is great if you have mates online at the time... but otherwise means you have to just take randoms and risk getting shot in the back of the head while they steal your ship.
Another reason to refund then lol

Back
Top Bottom