******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Another reason to refund then lol
Depends if things stay this way, or not.

Connie and Freelancer are both primarily freighters and it makes sense that they'd have the facility to run some turreted weapons... But at the same time, their primary defence weaponry are the big guns and missiles, both of which are still under pilot control which thus requires the ship being sufficiently manoeuvrable to bring them to bear on attackers, otherwise you're dead.
They don't have to be outperforming fighters or anything, but they do need to be defensible and in the absence of automated PDCs or the like, that means pilot guns.

Soldato
While it's not an ideal situation, it is a good way to meet people ingame and to help newer players learn the ropes. It's not that likely that you'll get jacked :D
The game is at it's best when playing with others, so it's worth taking the chance if you don't have any mates online or any ingame buddies at all.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the current changes either and I don't think it was entirely necessary. However, it is stage 1 in the rebalance. It won't stay this way forever.

Soldato
They've done that to the Frelancer, Connie and even the Vanguards.
It's to force people into using the turrets in multicrew, which is great if you have mates online at the time... but otherwise means you have to just take randoms and risk getting shot in the back of the head while they steal your ship.
That they have, if you look at the stats, they are the same. They will fix this in time given the difference in weight and dimensions the ships do need to handle differently.. I might just have to use the arrow loaner to do some bounty missions instead of my Cutlass Blue until this changes. STill not sure if I'll keep the blue, I've been sold on the Cutlass since my kickstarter pledge but I'm not sure longer term, I need to see AI blades or NPC crew in the turrets to see whether 2 crew ships work for me for combat.

Associate
Don't think I can buy this at the moment fps is poor getting about 10 fps in city's on foot and 15 in my ship around towns and 30 in space on the ship

Didn't think my pc was that bad to play the game
R5 3600
5600xt
32gig a ram 3600 mhz
2tb ssd

Accepted a mission picked up a box tried entering the ship and its throwing me out the other side

Tried playing it for a couple of hours and it's just frustrating I'll give it some more time tomorrow

Soldato
Don't think I can buy this at the moment fps is poor getting about 10 fps in city's on foot and 15 in my ship around towns and 30 in space on the ship

R5 3600
5600xt
32gig a ram 3600 mhz
2tb ssd

Accepted a mission picked up a box tried entering the ship and its throwing me out the other side

Tried playing it for a couple of hours and it's just frustrating I'll give it some more time tomorrow
Turn some graphics settings down

Associate
Im currently downloading the free to play trial. One of the best games i ever played (for me!) Was indepedence war 2 esge of chaos. Not played space sims since tho so hoping this scratches the itch

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Haha, that's brilliant.

I've joined the free fly. Played before courtesy of a friend before landing on planets was a thing. Love the scale, but getting far enough out to hit quantum takes forever!

I did one delivery mission and had to slowly carry the box through a whole port where it would knock out my hands in the middle of staircases and fall to the bottom, took me about an hour :D

I also couldn't get in my Aurora for a while. Opening door and ladder but couldn't climb in and using enter ship command just exited me on the other side. Had to make sure I stood back far enough that the animation ended in the middle of the ship. Seemed a bit janky for what people are going to buy as a first experience but I can forgive it.

Any suggestions on what to do or where to go?

Soldato

R5 3600
5600xt
32gig a ram 3600 mhz
2tb ssd

Don't know what resolution you're using, but it shouldn't be THAT bad for you, although it could be if you're talking about being at Orison. Most people hate the place and the performance that comes with it. Sure, it looks nice...
Turn the clouds down to medium and probably everything else too.

Sounds like the ship you're talking about is the Aurora. Don't know what's up with that, as I don't use it. Try the Mercury Star Runner.

Im currently downloading the free to play trial. One of the best games i ever played (for me!) Was indepedence war 2 esge of chaos. Not played space sims since tho so hoping this scratches the itch
Make sure to watch a 3:14 tutorial/introduction vid first. LOTS of people get frustrated by jumping into the game and have no idea how to do the basics and then end up having to be tutored on the fly by people in the game chat.
Nothing wrong with asking questions about things you're unsure of, but give yourself a headstart. Good luck :)

I'd be happy to jump on to show either of you around, get you trying some multicrew and better/upgraded ships, plus help out with the odd workaround if needed. SC being SC is a buggy alpha and you'll need to learn a few tricks. Just give me a shout.

@Dup
Same goes for you :)
I guess you're talking about Orison taking forever to get out of atmosphere. It's a gas giant and you have to hit 150km to leave.
Other planets only require you to hit 12km and moons only 5-6km.

Associate
Don't know what resolution you're using, but it shouldn't be THAT bad for you, although it could be if you're talking about being at Orison. Most people hate the place and the performance that comes with it. Sure, it looks nice...
Turn the clouds down to medium and probably everything else too.

Sounds like the ship you're talking about is the Aurora. Don't know what's up with that, as I don't use it. Try the Mercury Star Runner.

Make sure to watch a 3:14 tutorial/introduction vid first. LOTS of people get frustrated by jumping into the game and have no idea how to do the basics and then end up having to be tutored on the fly by people in the game chat.
Nothing wrong with asking questions about things you're unsure of, but give yourself a headstart. Good luck :)

I'd be happy to jump on to show either of you around, get you trying some multicrew and better/upgraded ships, plus help out with the odd workaround if needed. SC being SC is a buggy alpha and you'll need to learn a few tricks. Just give me a shout.

@Dup
Same goes for you :)
I guess you're talking about Orison taking forever to get out of atmosphere. It's a gas giant and you have to hit 150km to leave.
Other planets only require you to hit 12km and moons only 5-6km.

think it was the aurora was using it as it was one of those in the starter packs

playing at 1080 ill give it another go today might be server side as i think it was full at the time and the city was babbage i think it was called

Soldato
Ah, yes... New Babbage is a bit 'intensive' too, as are any of the cities really. I generally see around 25-30fps avg in the hardcore places once things settle down.
Going by global chat, it's not that much different for those with the latest and greatest hardware either.

Anyway, like I say, @Brutal biff @handyandy24 @Dup and anyone else on the free fly or otherwise, if you want some company and a bit of group action, give me a shout. Add Captain_Spangles to your friend list from the main menu and we'll get something on the go.

Fancy crewing a Mole for some mining action, multicrew bounties/FPS or some off piste roaming etc? The choice is yours.

Last edited:
Associate
well the issue ive got at the moment ive just picked up a job were ive got deliver 3 boxes ive flown to the place where i can pick up the boxes loaded them all on to the ship i can go anywhere using the hyperdrive apart from the places where ive got to deliver the boxes so i dont know what im doing wrong

ill watch some youtube videos for a bit

i might take up your offer petey bit later on

Back
Top Bottom