Summer Transfer Window 2021/2022

Soldato
Saying someone is a good owner because they have spent money is so narrow minded. Arsenal is an absolute mess enabled by the owners failure to run the club properly. They can spend 500 mil in the next two years but if thats on players and staff who just arent good enough then nothing will change.

Don
Dan James signs for us for a second time :)

Initial £25m
Swansea get £1.5m as they get 15% of #mufc profit
Leeds initial fears Solskjaer preferred to keep James over Martial
Partying face Leeds 2 yr pursuit: from Chinese food & tears in boardroom to securing top Bielsa target (Watch Take me Home Doc)

fez

fez

Caporegime
Have to say, United have had a cracking transfer windows all things considered. If all three of them perform anything like they should then we have a great team this season. Managed to sell a player for a good price (and a profit) which is something we very seldom do.

There can be no excuses for not competing for the title and getting 85pts+ in the league this season. You don't win leagues beating Chelsea, City etc, you win it by beating all the smaller teams week in week out and there is no excuse not to do that with the team we have. Anything less than being in the title race until the final few weeks of the season and a QF/SF in the CL should see Ole gone.

Man of Honour
Have to say, United have had a cracking transfer windows all things considered. If all three of them perform anything like they should then we have a great team this season. Managed to sell a player for a good price (and a profit) which is something we very seldom do.

There can be no excuses for not competing for the title and getting 85pts+ in the league this season. You don't win leagues beating Chelsea, City etc, you win it by beating all the smaller teams week in week out and there is no excuse not to do that with the team we have. Anything less than being in the title race until the final few weeks of the season and a QF/SF in the CL should see Ole gone.

Agreed. Aside from a defensive midfielder we have a very experienced and well balanced squad.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Agreed. Aside from a defensive midfielder we have a very experienced and well balanced squad.

Exactly, so when fans inevitably complain when we are outplayed and beaten by Norwich because "we need a DM" they deserve a slap. We have easily one of the best squads in the league and against most teams one of our players cost more than their whole team.

Bizarre how people watch us lose to very limited teams and blame it on a gap in the team when the team that beat us has gaps in quality in 8 positions on the pitch and works with a budget 1/20th of ours.

Man of Honour
I think the 2 Liverpool moves that I am surprised dont seem to be on the cards is the outgoings of Origi and Nat Phillips, really felt like Philips had done enough to warrant a few clubs looking at him but looks like its going to be another year of little football for him unless someone comes in with a late bid. In regard of Origi, I thought he would be definitely out the door this summer but doesnt seem to be generating much interest either.

Soldato
Exactly, so when fans inevitably complain when we are outplayed and beaten by Norwich because "we need a DM" they deserve a slap. We have easily one of the best squads in the league and against most teams one of our players cost more than their whole team.

Bizarre how people watch us lose to very limited teams and blame it on a gap in the team when the team that beat us has gaps in quality in 8 positions on the pitch and works with a budget 1/20th of ours.
Still need a CDM though… ;) :cry:

Don
I think the biggest obstacle re Origi is Origi. He's repeatedly turned down moves away over the last few seasons, including a reported £22m bid from Wolves 2(?) summers ago.

Associate
Another £25m on some random Japanese RB who no ones heard of :rolleyes:

I'll reserve judgement for a bit but i've followed Bologna for a long time and they flit from relegation dangerzone to lower mid table. They can have a knack of finding cheaper players and selling them on for a tidy profit, but i have to be honest their defence wouldn't have been the place i would have looked at to make a purchase..

Caporegime
Because like our fans, they look at all of this and think "why the **** aren't we doing better".

There is no excuse for United and Arsenal not to both be run 100x better than they have over the past 10+ years. No money issues, large fan base, high revenues, big club appeal and yet both sets of fans have watched their teams lurch from one poor season to another. They also have to watch the likes of City and Liverpool run their clubs really well and with minimum drama or fuss.

Lol Liverpool have been poorly ran but they managed to get a real decent manager. You forget how much they spent on Benteke. Likewise with City they just spent and spent and spent until they got a decent group together with a half decent manager. Clubs go through peaks and troughs. Were were incredibly lucky to have SAF otherwise we would have been pretty much the same.

Don
Ricky Lambert, Andy Carroll.
Lambert cost peanuts and even Carroll we recouped over half his fee back in the end. This idea that if you buy a bad player you're run badly is a nonsense. If you're repeatedly buying bad players and handing out massive contracts to players not worth it then fair enough but that's clearly not the case with us nor has it been for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom