New World MMO

Associate
I broke my rule and pre-ordered this. I'm obviously still a sucker for MMOs.
Same but I'm buying it because I've seen what it is and I'm very happy with its current state, did it have flaws in the betas? Sure, but I think this game is a little diamond in the rough.

Associate
Only put an hour in so haven't seen anything obvious.

Release notes show a number of fixes and a few tweaks.
https://forums.newworld.com/t/open-beta-2021-update-release-notes/220580

One notable change is a bit of a nerf to the paladin style character going heavy focus/con/armour and slotting an amber gem to get the damage back on their weapon without speccing into the primary stat.
There's definitely things that have changed which aren't mentioned in the release notes...one notable is the respawn feature is removed and thus the death warp mechanic can no longer be used to travel large distances on death and take advantage of camp placement to act as a bridge.

Why am I seeing a load of beta vids with this feature still in then ?

Associate
Why am I seeing a load of beta vids with this feature still in then ?

If the video's show people going to the menu and hitting respawn then they're from Closed Beta. The respawn button has been removed now.

You can still 'death warp' but it involves actually getting killed which can take time in itself to find the mobs to attack depending on what you're doing at the time. The campsite respawn also has some restrictions now and can only be used if the death was within 500m and perhaps there are zone restrictions as well.

The 'death warp' mechanic is still there and useful but is restricted now and it's not possible to travel 3km in 1 min using the trick.

Associate
If the video's show people going to the menu and hitting respawn then they're from Closed Beta. The respawn button has been removed now.

You can still 'death warp' but it involves actually getting killed which can take time in itself to find the mobs to attack depending on what you're doing at the time. The campsite respawn also has some restrictions now and can only be used if the death was within 500m and perhaps there are zone restrictions as well.

The 'death warp' mechanic is still there and useful but is restricted now and it's not possible to travel 3km in 1 min using the trick.

Thx.

Associate
Same but I'm buying it because I've seen what it is and I'm very happy with its current state, did it have flaws in the betas? Sure, but I think this game is a little diamond in the rough.
Pretty much how I feel about it, had flaws but the positives far outweighed the negatives for me.

Associate
There's an unofficial EU PvP Discord channel where they're trying to get a number of companies with PvP centric players together.

They've chosen Hellheim with no known streamers looking at it. I was undecided if I wanted to join that server as it could get a bit obnoxious and toxic if people aren't playing 'their' way but then they can't stop the general public from joining. They also suggested it was somehwat low population in the beta and thus with their community should become more moderate to full.

I believe after closed beta some mentioned here about the server Ife.

Soldato
I'm waiting for this game too.

I liked the progress so far, though I'm sure I didnt even do half the things that I could have.

It's a good looking game. Hopefully they will get more outfit customisation though, as a lot of people looked the same. Maybe that was just because it was in beta.

Associate
There was a tweet yesterday about pre-load - https://twitter.com/playnewworld/status/1440857004034039809

"You can get yourself ready to #playnewworld by pre-downloading the launch client starting 9/27 at 8 AM PT (11 AM ET)!"

The offical site has announced launch times as well:

8AM CEST EU Servers will launch (9/27 at 11pm PT)

8AM BRT South American Servers will launch (9/28 4am PT)

9PM AEST Australian Servers will launch (9/28 4am PT*)

8AM ET NA East Coast Server will launch (9/28 at 5am PT)

8AM PT NA West Coast Servers will launch

There's potential that EU servers will get swamped as people try and reserve names because some people suggest naming was a global thing although I can't confirm that (It's at least going to be unique for each cluster because of expected server merges which was tested in Closed Beta)

Back
Top Bottom