Ole's sacked, who next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The delusion is unreal lmao. Atalanta absolutely battered United in that first half.

Fabrizio Romano fake account or not is a terrible terrible source.

Soldato
We didn't nick a win at all. We dominated them. They had 1 chance outside the goals and it was a comfortable save for De Gea. The xG was 2.95 to 1.65 and that doesn't even include the one on one where Rashford didn't shoot. People are acting like Atalanta were in complete control.

We soon it in the last 10 minutes, equalised in the 75th against a team who haven't exactly got much pedigree in Europe. The first half, there was a 5% net swing between even possession, they had more shots on target and big chances created. Anyway, the Atalanta game is one of many where we've looked extremely poor - what about Villarreal and Young Boys?

Every pundit I've listened to in the past several weeks say we're a team devoid of any style of play, yet you seem to think we're playing good football?

Caporegime
We soon it in the last 10 minutes, equalised in the 75th against a team who haven't exactly got much pedigree in Europe. The first half, there was a 5% net swing between even possession, they had more shots on target and big chances created. Anyway, the Atalanta game is one of many where we've looked extremely poor - what about Villarreal and Young Boys?

Every pundit I've listened to in the past several weeks say we're a team devoid of any style of play, yet you seem to think we're playing good football?

Please quote where I said any of that.

Soldato
Youre implying it for sure. Remember when Greenwood was only playing on the right as your didnt have right sided player yet now Sancho was brought as depth for Greenwood? The bias is bonkers. Its like United can do no wrong.

Caporegime
Youre implying it for sure. Remember when Greenwood was only playing on the right as your didnt have right sided player yet now Sancho was brought as depth for Greenwood? The bias is bonkers. Its like United can do no wrong.

You're just trolling, I've posted multiple times about our faults. I've said I think Greenwood should be moved up front, I didn't say Ole would do that.

Ah I'm 'implying' that we play great, that is just nonsense, well done.

Soldato
Momentum certainly seems to be growing behind Solskjaer being sacked int he next 24 hours. I do think his position is untenable. I actually think he has made a decent stab at it to begin with but lost his way after signing Fernandes. That might seem a stupid thing to say but hear me out. Bruno arrived and immediately became a focal point for the team. His performances were exceptional but it was the advent of a formation that ultimately has been the undoing of United.
Key failings
- Not dealing with the Pogba circus. Talented as he is there is too much baggage with Pogba and he doesn't fit in a side with Fernandes
- Not clearing out more players - the squad has got too many players who are too good not to play week in week out - thats a recipe for unrest in the squad
- Persisting in playing players who are would be no.9 as wingers, wide forwards - Martial, Rashford, Greenwood are not disciplined enough to play those roles in a 4-2-3-1
- Insisting on playing 4 forwards more often than not
- Persisting with McTominay and Fred as his midfield fulcrum
- Not recognising that his coaching staff are weak

The football has been almost as turgid as it was under LvG and Mourinho. Only Fernandes and the emergence of Greenwood offered hope of better times but when it really counted it wasn't enough. Most of us that watch every week have called it out for a while and recognised that Ole had peaked. Sad that its come tho this but for the sake of the club he has to go.
I don't know enough about who's available to replace but I'd settle for @Shamikebab ahead of the current setup.

Soldato
You're just trolling, I've posted multiple times about our faults. I've said I think Greenwood should be moved up front, I didn't say Ole would do that.

Ah I'm 'implying' that we play great, that is just nonsense, well done.

You have said previously that the only reason Greenwood is playing on the right is because you have no right sided player. You then signed Sancho and now its about depth. Just lol at its finiest.

If anyone criticises United and how they play you jump on the XG bandwagon and strongly disagree and defend them to the hilt. Its bizarre. United have been poor this season, its ok to admit that you arent very good at the moment.

Soldato
Please quote where I said any of that.

You're literally the only fan I've seen in recent times that isn't willing to call out the performances for what they are. Are you happy with the performances? Do you think our team is putting in performances befitting of a squad that on paper is certainly worthy of top four?

There's no smoke without fire and the stats are pretty damning! I can't even be bothered to type them out so I'll just link them:
https://www.skysports.com/transfer/...derline-the-problems-for-ole-gunnar-solskjaer

Soldato
Momentum certainly seems to be growing behind Solskjaer being sacked int he next 24 hours. I do think his position is untenable. I actually think he has made a decent stab at it to begin with but lost his way after signing Fernandes. That might seem a stupid thing to say but hear me out. Bruno arrived and immediately became a focal point for the team. His performances were exceptional but it was the advent of a formation that ultimately has been the undoing of United.
Key failings
- Not dealing with the Pogba circus. Talented as he is there is too much baggage with Pogba and he doesn't fit in a side with Fernandes
- Not clearing out more players - the squad has got too many players who are too good not to play week in week out - thats a recipe for unrest in the squad
- Persisting in playing players who are would be no.9 as wingers, wide forwards - Martial, Rashford, Greenwood are not disciplined enough to play those roles in a 4-2-3-1
- Insisting on playing 4 forwards more often than not
- Persisting with McTominay and Fred as his midfield fulcrum
- Not recognising that his coaching staff are weak

The football has been almost as turgid as it was under LvG and Mourinho. Only Fernandes and the emergence of Greenwood offered hope of better times but when it really counted it wasn't enough. Most of us that watch every week have called it out for a while and recognised that Ole had peaked. Sad that its come tho this but for the sake of the club he has to go.
I don't know enough about who's available to replace but I'd settle for @Shamikebab ahead of the current setup.

There seems to be too much smoke doesn't there. Had United just lost by 1 or 2 then it wouldnt be getting this kind of attention. I imagine it was embarrassing to be a United fan in that stadium in the second half...I cant remember Liverpool doing that for a long long time at OT.

Caporegime
You're literally the only fan I've seen in recent times that isn't willing to call out the performances for what they are. Are you happy with the performances? Do you think our team is putting in performances befitting of a squad that on paper is certainly worthy of top four?

There's no smoke without fire and the stats are pretty damning! I can't even be bothered to type them out so I'll just link them:
https://www.skysports.com/transfer/...derline-the-problems-for-ole-gunnar-solskjaer

So no you can't, you're just talking crap.

I'll happily call him out for **** performances (and have done despite what you claim, but you clearly haven't looked at my post history) but I won't rewrite history and claim we've never played well or that we were dominated by Atalanta when every stat says otherwise.

Some of those stats are pretty misleading, for example 20th on tackles sounds absolutely dreadful doesn't it? Know who is 19th? Man City.

Soldato

I'll happily call him out for **** performances (and have done despite what you claim, but you clearly haven't looked at my post history) but I won't rewrite history and claim we've never played well or that we were dominated by Atalanta when every stat says otherwise.

You're literally the only person defending our performances on this forum. If you think we weren't woeful in the first half against Atalanta when they had almost equal position position us, more shots on target and a greater number of big chances, then there's no helping or convincing you. Continue wearing those lovely rose tinted glasses if it helps you sleep at night.

Ahh so I see you won't answer my questions. I wonder why that is?

Soldato

Some of those stats are pretty misleading, for example 20th on tackles sounds absolutely dreadful doesn't it? Know who is 19th? Man City.

Great, but City are 3rd in the league with a GD of 16 and only 4 goals conceded. But sure, keep cherry picking your stats.

Caporegime
Ahh so I see you won't answer my questions. I wonder why that is?

I'm not repeating myself, if you can't be bothered to look through my recent posts then it's your loss. Find it funny you asking my opinion since you've already stated my opinion for me then not been able to back that claim up when asked.

Soldato
FWIW I value Shamikebab's contributions - I don't always agree but he normally offers a well informed and fairly balanced view. It's all about opinion!

Caporegime
I said they battered you in the first half Shami. Since you love XG have this one.

First half

MUFC 0.61 XG Atalanta 1.32

You realise that is two shots yes? They just happen to be point blank.

This is what I mean by saying xG is good if you understand it. If you don't understand the context behind statistics then...well here we are :)

If 2 shots is your definition battered then yes they 'battered us'

Soldato
City generally have what 70% possession each game?

That's one of the problems with reducing games to meaningless stats, you can prove or disprove almost anything with the same stats

Soldato
I'm not repeating myself, if you can't be bothered to look through my recent posts then it's your loss. Find it funny you asking my opinion since you've already stated my opinion for me then not been able to back that claim up when asked.

Because you've not said it literally, but clearly you're defending the performances and won't state your position in an absolute way.

No loss for me, everyone else on here can see your position for what it is. :cry:

Hahahahaha, your position on xG changes as quickly as Kerry Catona changes lovers. You'll quote it when it suits you but will question its worth when it doesn't. I give up, it's not worth the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom