Poll: Newby ghost photo - ever proved a fake?

Do you think the Newby Ghost photo is real or fake?

• Real

• Fake

Results are only viewable after voting.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
as I know that is not true.

Under what basis do you know this to be the case. You have made a statement of supposed fact with no factual things to back it up with other than you felt it to be real so it's real.

That's not how facts work.

The more you try to state otherwise the more in the mind it all sounds really.

Associate
Just because there is no evidence of something it does not mean it didn't happen. I am not able to provide evidence as I don't have any evidence from my experience that made me change my mind that there is something real behind some ghosts stories. I think 99% of those ghost TV shows and evidence from them is total rubbish. A lot of the stories are fake but that doesnt mean they all are.

That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Soldato
“Under what basis do you know this to be the case. You have made a statement of supposed fact with no factual things to back it up with other than you felt it to be real so it's real.

That's not how facts work.”
Experiences that so far cannot be explained and cannot possibly be tricks of the mind or even in the mind. The events really did happen and being there first hand with other people, I know they are real. A statement of fact without factual things to back it up can still be a real event that really happened.

The more you say it’s all in the mind the more I think you are detached from reality. Saying its all in the mind is not an explanation, there is no evidence its all in the mind. Your just using, make believe to write off events.

That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
Sure but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen and wasn’t real. Lack of evidence doesn’t automatically mean nothing happened. It just means you cannot prove a real event that happened did happen.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It’s actually simple to tell if there are ghosts.

There aren’t.

Soldato
So what else do you believe in, @Pottsey? Witches, werewolves, imps, gnomes, trolls, skeletons? They all fall under the same paranormal banner.
Well apart from Witches which are real. None of the rest. I assume you mean walking skeletons. Did you miss where I said I believe in the ghost phenomenon as in some of the events are real and more than just in people minds. I don’t think they are ghosts as in conscious entities of dead people but I do think there is more to it then just all in the mind. How do you explain the events that happen? Perhaps they will not be paranormal but turn out to be some sort of science background perhaps a eco though time somehow or some sort of weird Quantum entanglement shadow or something else based on science we haven't discovered yet. All I know is the events are not all made-up in people minds and are sometimes real.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Which witch is real? Can you point a link to a real witch doing witch stuff?

The poo taking has gone too far at this stage.
You just said witches are real, then went on to say that ghosts are not real and it must be quantum entanglement so I'm wondering if you actually understand what that actually is as a concept.

You realise that if there are beings out there with technology so advanced they can entangle their very beings across the universe, that the likelihood of them spookng up abandoned buildings and having bedtime business with women who then go on to marry "ghosts" here on earth is about as likely to be true as Elvis still being alive and Tupac giving hidden messages about his death in rap videos?

Witches dish out curses and play with spells historically often related to the dead souls and collaborating with the devil - Hence why they were burned alive in the olden days etc.

Spoiler alert, witches are not real either.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why would the rest not be real?

You’ve literally just agreed with everyone - “ghosts” are explicable events. They could be a quantum entanglement or something nuts like that. More likely, they are some sort of cognitive phenomenon.

Soldato
“Spoiler alert, witches are not real either.”
Wow you live a sheltered life. Spoiler alert Witches are real and make up the large % of modern day Pagans. Let me guess you don’t believe in Freemason's either? What next you are going to say Christian are not real. Why would I need to post a link, it’s not hard to find out witches are classed as a real religion like Christians. Anyway this is getting to sidetracked from the topic. Pagens are real people not made up fiction.

“Why would the rest not be real?”
Never seen any evidence of them and never had any direct experience and while we see lots of people talking about there expreince with ghost type situations all over the world you don’t see the same mass of people talking about werewolves, imps, gnomes, trolls, skeleton. Well apart from in Iceland where trolls are talked about. Why wouldn't I believe something I have experienced that I know is not cognitive but happened in the real world?

“More likely, they are some sort of cognitive phenomenon.”
Not likely at all. Well, some of the events might be but there is more to it than that as a cognitive phenomenon doesn’t explain the physical elements. What I am saying is some of the events are physical in the real world and are not all in the mind. I don't believe ghosts are souls of dead people but are being mistaken as that over what ever they really are.

Back
Top Bottom