• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
I understand why there is a limit in place but one per complete range seems a tad excessive to me

The limit being in place is probably the main reason why so many on here have been able to get just one card. As someone who was lucky yesterday to be sitting at his PC when Telegram popped, I'm glad they arent selling 3060s to people that already have a 3090 so they can make a second build for their kitchen.

Soldato
It's also nice that they are doing evening drops again to give those a chance who work during the day in jobs where they are unable to drop everything and use the phone or PC.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Not sure if it’s the other shop or Nvidia that schedule the drops but you have to say either way, they have tried to make them more available to all.

Imagine how much harder it would be if there was still no limit in place!

I managed to buy a 3090 last year just by randomly checking the store front, before all the alerts had been setup. Bit of a fluke TBH!

Associate
managed to get an order in for a 3060ti FE, so happy i got one
there was a lot of drops for different cards last night on the telegram app

if your in real need for an upgrade i highly suggest you get the app and join the alert group(s), ive been waiting since release to grab an FE card as theyre the only ones reasonably priced but only just found out about the telegram app

Associate
Does anyone know roughly how frequently the drops occur?

All drops since July not incl. last nights:
July 21 (Wed) 3080ti, 3060ti
Aug 5 (Thu) 3070ti, 3090, 3070
Aug 6 (Fri) 3060ti, 3080
Aug 13 (Fri) 3070ti, 3080ti
Sep 3 (Fri) 3090, 3060ti, 3080ti
Sep 13 (Mon) 12:00 3090, 3080, 3070, 3080ti
Sep 23 (Thu) 11:03 3070ti, 3060ti
Oct 19 (Tue) 09:19 3070ti, 3080ti, 3060ti
Oct 29 (Fri) 12:17 3070ti, 3080ti, 3070, 3060ti
Nov 23 (Tue) 19:56 3060ti and all above
Dec 16 (Thu) 20:11 3080ti and 3090
Dec 17 (Fri) 11:52 30760ti, 3070ti, 3080

Associate
My phone was going crazy with all the drops across Europe last night!

haha yeah, i have the mobile and desktop app so i was getting alerts all over the place! had to turn them off after i got my order in
its crazy the difference in price between the FE models and lets say gigabyte for example

Associate
If you could buy one of each then people could buy 6 which would make it much more differcult to even get one.

Before they put the limits and restrictions in place there were people that bought 50+ cards from the same drop using bots so having a 1 per household is certainly fairer.
There’s still people somehow buying multiples to sell on so there must be a way around it. I understand the measures to stop the scalping but it’s not totally working.
It’s 14+ months since I bought a 3090 and now I’m switching to a sff the 3090 won’t fit but I’m not allowed to order another FE so I am forced to pay the silly over inflated prices if I want a card :(

Associate
The limit being in place is probably the main reason why so many on here have been able to get just one card. As someone who was lucky yesterday to be sitting at his PC when Telegram popped, I'm glad they arent selling 3060s to people that already have a 3090 so they can make a second build for their kitchen.
If this is aimed at me then get off your high horse and stop making assumptions with complete made up crap.

Soldato
There’s still people somehow buying multiples to sell on so there must be a way around it. I understand the measures to stop the scalping but it’s not totally working.
It’s 14+ months since I bought a 3090 and now I’m switching to a sff the 3090 won’t fit but I’m not allowed to order another FE so I am forced to pay the silly over inflated prices if I want a card :(

only works to a certain degree it would be worse if they didnt have anything in place, people can ask family / friends details to use how can you stop that ?

Associate
only works to a certain degree it would be worse if they didnt have anything in place, people can ask family / friends details to use how can you stop that ?
There’s a guy local to me on marketplace who lists several cards every drop. I can’t see so many family members being sat by a pc and being quick enough to order. There’s a few eBay sellers too that get cards every drop too, quite annoying but hopefully it won’t be much longer when it all sorts itself out.

I’m on a forum where people are already offering cards for sale from last nights drop at highly inflated prices so now you have people buying for the sake of it to contend with.

Last edited:
Soldato
There’s a guy local to me on marketplace who lists several cards every drop. I can’t see so many family members being sat by a pc and being quick enough to order. There’s a few eBay sellers too that get cards every drop too, quite annoying but hopefully it won’t be much longer when it all sorts itself out.

hmm maybe they have another way :( they dont need to be sat by a PC they dont really need to do anything ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Can you do some kind of part ex with a lower card? I guess you’d be lucky to get the RRP difference back though.

Back
Top Bottom