Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Lol this made me laugh.

Brill comments on this

A9Nfc4S.jpg

These kind of articles are an insult at this point, as if the pennies saved from doing this has any kind of impact on inflation busting cost increases.

It is a bit like telling people they can make a difference by collecting droplets of rain water to mitigate loss of water from a pipe leak.

Man of Honour
I’m not sure what to do at the moment. Fixed deal with Octopus ends 4th Feb. Current tariff is 14.7p electricity and 3.4p gas. I pay £70 a month and usually in credit most months.

They’ve offered me a fixed tariff which basically doubles my bills, more than doubles with gas. 27.8p electricity, 8.4p gas. My monthly payment goes up to £143

The alternative is move to the SVR, 20.4p electricity, 4.1p gas which means my monthly payment only goes up £15 a month.

I’m leaning towards doing that rather than fix, but looking at the posts in this thread, that’s probably a bad move longer term once the price cap is reviewed?

Soldato
I’m not sure what to do at the moment. Fixed deal with Octopus ends 4th Feb. Current tariff is 14.7p electricity and 3.4p gas. I pay £70 a month and usually in credit most months.

They’ve offered me a fixed tariff which basically doubles my bills, more than doubles with gas. 27.8p electricity, 8.4p gas. My monthly payment goes up to £143

The alternative is move to the SVR, 20.4p electricity, 4.1p gas which means my monthly payment only goes up £15 a month.

I’m leaning towards doing that rather than fix, but looking at the posts in this thread, that’s probably a bad move longer term once the price cap is reviewed?
Go on the SVR for a few months then, and then fix.

Associate
Christ my sisters it for a shock soon. Her smart meter says her standing charge for electricity is 10p and unit is also 10p. She doesn’t know when it’s locked into though but her bills could nearly treble if it ends soon.

Caporegime
Christ my sisters it for a shock soon. Her smart meter says her standing charge for electricity is 10p and unit is also 10p. She doesn’t know when it’s locked into though but her bills could nearly treble if it ends soon.

Yeah some people are going to be in for a shock. But 10p sounds too cheap?

Associate
Yeah some people are going to be in for a shock. But 10p sounds too cheap?

it did to me but that’s what the smart meter says, I do remember my brother in law saying he got 10p per unit as the cheapest I could get was 19p despite living fairly close. It must be ending soon though so a big increase is coming soon.

Soldato
it did to me but that’s what the smart meter says, I do remember my brother in law saying he got 10p per unit as the cheapest I could get was 19p despite living fairly close. It must be ending soon though so a big increase is coming soon.
Unless he's got the gas and electric muddled up:cry:.

Soldato
The smart meter could also just be wrong.

I can't see how anyone could be paying 10p/kwh to the point I just went and looked at my energy spreadsheets and the last time it was sub 10p/kwh was 2017 and it jumped up to 12p then and hasn't been below that since.

Associate
The smart meter could also just be wrong.

I can't see how anyone could be paying 10p/kwh to the point I just went and looked at my energy spreadsheets and the last time it was sub 10p/kwh was 2017 and it jumped up to 12p then and hasn't been below that since.

yep smart meter was wrong but he’s only on 17p but ends this month.

I’m on 9p for most of my electric as Scottish power have the night and day the wrong way round. I told them when I moved in but they said I was wrong, they have even done their own readings twice but again decided nothing was wrong. Been living here since July 20 and locked in till Aug 23.

Soldato
We are tied in with Octopus in their 15/5 tarriff until September.

Word is prices in April on their Go tarriff will be 35/7.5.

I've started getting quotes for Solar as I feel with our usage and having an electric vehicle the payback will be much quicker now that it was when I was looking last year.

Associate
Just had the following from Bulb:
Your account:

should have £115.94 credit

showed £290.59 debit on your last statement

That means your account balance is £406.53 behind. So we’ll increase your payments from £173.43 to £242.87 on Thursday 3rd February to avoid your account building up further debit over winter.

They increased my bill from £124 to £173 in October so it's gone from £124 to £242 in less than 4 months. :mad:

Soldato
I’m not sure what your getting at?

It sounds like you haven’t been paying enough to keep up with how much you have consumed, hence the sharp increase to recover that position. You’ll be able to reduce it once it is.

Back
Top Bottom