World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Caporegime
They never gave me any issues. Got my promised 7% refunded.

I would chase them up if you can be asked, they will give in eventually I recon. Weird how inconsistent they are though.

With Quidco first you need to make sure it shows in your account as tracked which should be within 24hours, after that you just wait for a month or two until they either pay or reject it. Been doing cashback for years, easily got back a four figure sum using Quidco
/TopCashBack over the years :D

Ah yeah just looking at the control panel on quidco now, bit of a wait that!

j9vLCm1.png

Ok, so, phoned Dell customer support, after a bit of to and fro, I was offered a 7% discount on my next order. I politely declined. Asked to speak to the manager, then put on hold and they agreed the 5% so brings the initial cost to £804.65, still waiting on the AMEX cashback. Hopefully should bring the total to £704.65.

Thank you for the motivational push guys.

I will now be nicknamed a 'Karen' on the Dell Customer Support side.
2svqls.jpg

:cry:

Nice. £14 cheaper than me, but I got tracked cashback which is over fifty quid as I recall. Also got another one on the way which I will sell on so will work out £400ish in the end :p:D

Dirty scalper.....

;) :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ah yeah just looking at the control panel on quidco now, bit of a wait that!

j9vLCm1.png

:cry:

Dirty scalper.....

;) :D
Lol. It’s only dirty when you do it as a business. One of here and there on expensive items to make a product you bought a little cheaper is ok in my book. Might be frowned upon by some though :cry:

Plus I would not even be scalping, just selling at rrp ;)

Associate
I used topcashback but it didn't actually track, so had to manually submit. Dunno if I'm expecting it to be successful.

Associate
So after a quick chat with a chick from Dell, she says it should have been delivered today but due to some kinda delay it will arrive on Tuesday. Shes going to send through the tracking details so we will see what happens on Tuesday.
Would have been nice to have it over the easter weekend. Oh well, will just have to lump it until then.

Associate
My AW QD OLED feedback after about 20hrs of use. 3hrs test patterns. 4hrs gaming. 2hrs calibration and tweaking. 3hr LGC1 comparison. 8hrs work/os related

Motion = 10. Beats LGC1
HDR = 10. Beats LGC1
SDR = 10. Same as LGC1
Viewing Angles = 10. Beats LGC1
Black and white Uniformity = 10. Beats LGC1
Out of box settings = 8. Same as LGC1
Text rendering = 7. LGC1 wins
Calibration controls = 4. LGC1 wins

Areas to improve for next version:
- Remove gync ult and get HDMI 2.1(+)
- Less audible fan or no fan
- Either redo pixel arrangement for better text or work with MS to get better OS support
- 3840x1600 38inch variant
- Reduced input lag (per measurements)

Last edited:
Associate
My AW QD OLED feedback after about 20hrs of use. 3hrs test patterns. 4hrs gaming. 2hrs calibration and tweaking. 3hr LGC1 comparison. 8hrs work/os related

Motion = 10. Beats LGC1
HDR = 10. Beats LGC1
SDR = 10. Same as LGC1
Viewing Angles = 10. Beats LGC1
Black and white Uniformity = 10. Beats LGC1
Out of box settings = 8. Same as LGC1
Text rendering = 7. LGC1 wins
Calibration controls = 4. LGC1 wins

Areas to improve for next version:
- Remove gync ult and get HDMI 2.1(+)
- Less audible fan or no fan
- Either redo pixel arrangement for better text or work with MS to get better OS support
- 3840x1600 38inch variant
- Reduced input lag (per measurements)

Thanks for your comparison with the C1. Much appreciated.

Ever since the fall of crt, two specs that I have always been chasing is low blacks and motion clarity. Oled quenched the first, but the C9 hasn't quite hit the level on motion clarity (although the best since crt). I really considered jumping on the C1 for 120hz bfi as I still game a lot in sdr and would counter the dimming, maybe now at crt level?. I'm still intrigued and was looking at the 42c2 until I found that 120bfi has been dropped. Would you say that the motion clarity on the AW at 165 looks clearer than your C1 with bfi engaged?

Caporegime
Anywhere to copy recommend settings?

Also what’s dells policy on a dead pixel here because I appear to have one (is massaging it out even a thing if it’s black?)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
For comparison, my first and second calibration:

at0AQzP.jpg

ctbM1Vu.jpg

EDIT:

Also, my firmware is m0b101
Ooh, that looks very nice. My one is slightly better than your first one, but your second one looks very good.

I could get greedy and keep the next monitor that I get and sell the one I have now if it has a even better report than your. One of the things I wish was better is the time it takes to transition between HDR and SDR more. Should be like 1 second or less imo.

Do you know if it is possible for dell to offer us a firmware file to update these monitor’s ourselves if such improvements come along?

Caporegime
Ooh, that looks very nice. My one is slightly better than your first one, but your second one looks very good.

I could get greedy and keep the next monitor that I get and sell the one I have now if it has a even better report than your. One of the things I wish was better is the time it takes to transition between HDR and SDR more. Should be like 1 second or less imo.

Do you know if it is possible for dell to offer us a firmware file to update these monitor’s ourselves if such improvements come along?

Yeah sadly the first one is my current one but honestly I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference!

Not sure tbh on firmware for Dell. Just know that most monitors require sending back for updates generally.

Associate
Thanks for your comparison with the C1. Much appreciated.

Ever since the fall of crt, two specs that I have always been chasing is low blacks and motion clarity. Oled quenched the first, but the C9 hasn't quite hit the level on motion clarity (although the best since crt). I really considered jumping on the C1 for 120hz bfi as I still game a lot in sdr and would counter the dimming, maybe now at crt level?. I'm still intrigued and was looking at the 42c2 until I found that 120bfi has been dropped. Would you say that the motion clarity on the AW at 165 looks clearer than your C1 with bfi engaged?

Yeah C2 for bfi is a bust esp if play with a PC and can do 120fps+

Let me put it this way. In testufo at 175hz, I can make out the individual white windows on the image at 960lines. At 1200 lines they just about blend a little. I'm talking about the small white windows within each red section.

You get that motion but also superior HDR and no drop in brightness

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah sadly the first one is my current one but honestly I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference!

Not sure tbh on firmware for Dell. Just know that most monitors require sending back for updates generally.
Ah shame. Lol.

Yea, to be honest unless one is doing professional work or something the difference won't be a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom