Pro Cycling Discussion 2022

Soldato
OP
That finish was chaotic to say the least.amazing sprint from. Jakobsen to be honest. But how sagan stayed up in that finish I don't know. His bike handling is ridiculous.

Soldato
Is it just me that hopes Jakobsen fails to win a sprint and then blows up and gets in the broom wagon on the first mountain stage.

Cavendish being passed over is just so sad.
I would hope it is because that’s a rather sad, parochial view of things that ignores how well Jakobsen has ridden this year on top of his comeback.

Jakobsen has 9 race wins this year. Cavendish has 4, and he had his opportunity in the Giro where unfortunately he didn’t demonstrate his form was there against a pretty weak field.

Hindsight is 20/20 but if Cav wanted the record he should have moved in the off season to somewhere he was guaranteed a Tour place because QS were never going to leave Jakobsen at home or take them both.

Soldato
OP
Great win by groenewegen today,picked that line absolutely incredibly., properly tense sprint how there isn't more crashing I don't know!

Soldato
OP
Crazy strength, jumbo and ineos showing they've got the race tactics/team capability compared to the others, getting into that climb in the right place, but wonder how that'll play out over the next few days. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Soldato
OP
12s thank goodness. Otherwise as you say Pogacars seeming capability to just put power down at will against the biggest cobbles riders in the world would have won him the GC already, it's put him in a stronger position, but Roglic's inability to ride a bike has foiled him yet again. 4x Vuelta winner incoming. Vingegaard got very lucky.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
He needs to be bullied by the other teams is how, the couple of occasions he has riders who have kept him penned in he suffers. Well suffer is not the right word but more un easy.

• Haha
Reactions: fez
Soldato
OP
He needs to be bullied by the other teams is how, the couple of occasions he has riders who have kept him penned in he suffers. Well suffer is not the right word but more un easy.
Yeah, everyone seems to keep playing into his hands. No idea what roglic sprint was about today and bettiol is being made to look even more stupid today with powless so close to yellow.

Back
Top Bottom