*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
it has really no replay value.
You can play with different intro, different sex, different character build, different choices in quests seeing different consequences, get different ending (which are all pretty extensive), not to mention Night City itself is just fun to be in, and the game has no replay value for you?

I can't wait for my second playthrough, just waiting for the expansion to come out as well so I can do both at the same time.

Man of Honour
You can play with different intro, different sex, different character build, different choices in quests seeing different consequences, get different ending (which are all pretty extensive), not to mention Night City itself is just fun to be in, and the game has no replay value for you?

I can't wait for my second playthrough, just waiting for the expansion to come out as well so I can do both at the same time.

Much of that makes little difference, all the starts converge after basically one different mission, different sex does make some small difference with a few different relationship paths with some characters but it is fairly minor, different builds are quite underwhelming due to the poor RPG and so on mechanics, etc. there isn't the agency from dialogue options like in say Mass Effect. If you play through fairly thoroughly the first time there isn't a huge amount extra to experience besides roaming the city for places you missed or the odd secret, etc.

For the scale of the game world and the scope of the game they tried to pull off there is surprisingly limited replay value.

Man of Honour
I wouldn't say very short - there are a couple of side quest lines which are almost as much content as you get from many linear single player games these days alone. But the main quest is certainly short for the scale and ambition of the game. I managed to get ~100 hours out of the game on my first play through which is reasonable enough as games go.

Unfortunately I've had to abandon attempts to replay it as I get show stopping bugs before I get far into it on a new character while ironically my first play through was relatively bug free.

Soldato
Guys i get emails to my replys from this thread, thats ok, but how do i turn off windows alerts in windows 10 for every reply, cant see option on overclockers forum, only see allow google to do windows alerts, but i want that enabled for all my other chrome alerts, im sure once i seen a overclokers box asking me if i wanted alerts enabled ? thx

Man of Honour
Guys i get emails to my replys from this thread, thats ok, but how do i turn off windows alerts in windows 10 for every reply, cant see option on overclockers forum, only see allow google to do windows alerts, but i want that enabled for all my other chrome alerts, im sure once i seen a overclokers box asking me if i wanted alerts enabled ? thx

There is a section for push notifications at the bottom of the notifications part of account preferences.

Man of Honour
Largely though I just can't get over how poor the stuff for building and customising your character is - even games like The Division did several orders of magnitude better job and those aspects are a huge part of why someone would play a game like this.

Soldato
Much of that makes little difference, all the starts converge after basically one different mission, different sex does make some small difference with a few different relationship paths with some characters but it is fairly minor, different builds are quite underwhelming due to the poor RPG and so on mechanics, etc. there isn't the agency from dialogue options like in say Mass Effect. If you play through fairly thoroughly the first time there isn't a huge amount extra to experience besides roaming the city for places you missed or the odd secret, etc.
It may not be multiple different games in one, but the differences are numerous enough to make multiple playthroughs fresh and fun. YMMV.

Associate
So i have installed Windows 11,newest. I have all ultra,psycho raytracing,1440P. From time to time i have stutter for 1 second. Driving is fine,but sometimes without reason game stutter for 1 second. Anyone experienced this or its my pc?THX

Its when i am driving forward and backward from time to time it will stutter. ( frame skip )

Soldato
I feel I'm getting more and more into this game as I progress through it. I have some legengary quickhacks now, and the tatical approach to mixing hacking and gunplay is still keeping combat feeling fresh after over 30 hours.

I think it's probably the best looking game I've played since RDR2 and performs perfectly on my system. Smooth framerates, no stuttering, faultless alt-tabbing in and out. It's really well implemented on that score, and I keep being increasingly impressed with its rendition of a cyberpunk city. Some areas look and feel spot on for the setting it is going for.

Not sure the replayability options will be enough to tempt me into a second playthrough, especially given how long a couple of the early missions are, but at the moment I find myself wanting to get back to Night City all the time. Feeling glad I waited until the early issues were patched out (which, to be fair, seems like it took a fair old while), and currently I don't want the game to end.

Soldato
Ah, I see StrongSad found very little to do in the game as well, bloody CDPR making these short games with nowt to do.
Out of the 440 hours I've put into CP, at least half are with mods, as that does freshen the game up a bit.

Also, what is Cultist simulator? Do you play as David Koresh or something?

Back
Top Bottom