Official FIFA 22 Thread

Soldato
After a few days just playing offline the scripting is obvious. Cruise through to Champion's League semis without any real issues. Then I get 17 shots on target. AI keeper has 100% save rate (yes all 17 shots), plays a 10.0 and I hit the bar 6 times without scoring once. AI scores in the 95th minute despite the game only allowing 2 additional minutes. It extended the game to give the AI time to score :rolleyes:.It NEVER normally goes past the added time! ....done....in the bin.:p

Don
Fifa is a delay ridden, inconsistent, toxic game which uses Psychological tricks to keep you playing and "spending money"...... The game engine has not changed in ages, with each years changes mostly meaningless fluff. They need to start from the ground up with a better engine and network code.

:D

You are literally on the game all day, every day, so you are right about the tricks to keep you playing, I hope you aren't spending money though...

Man of Honour
I can't really overstate how much of a mess they've made of FIFA 22. I've played maybe 3 games in the past 4 months - so pretty much none.

Typically, I enjoy playing FUT a lot (despite how annoying it can be), I like following the content creators and general FIFA scene. I've previously dedicated a lot of time to this. Each of the last few FIFA's I've played at least 2.5k+ games online, and watched hundreds of hours (if not more) of Twitch/Youtube stuff.

This year, it's just been pretty flat from the start. On the face of it there are no huge gameplay mechanic flaws like in previous years, but the whole thing is just one big flaw instead. It's not rewarding to play at all. There are too many cards and promos too, it just removes the feeling of special cards. I got TOTY Mbappe which was great, but it doesn't matter as the game is so poor.

I'm not hopeful for the next iteration either.

Man of Honour
Been playing this over past month since it went on game pass. I like the game overall however with FUT it just feels like there are too many 90+ rated cards. Like loads of merely 'good' players seem to have these super edition cards. I mean, 94 Chris Wood, really? Really?!? You're telling me that Chris Wood, even in peak form when converted to a CB is rated the same as the best variant of Franco Baresi?

Big problem I have as a casual player (don't make much use of skills) is because I started late a lot of online opponents, who will be better than me anyway with more experience, have already built up squads with >90 overall rating and 100 chem. Sometimes they will literally just tear through me off the kick-off. I don't have a big problem with losing but I feel the matchmaking could be better, like surely there must be other rubbish players without elite squads to pair me up with?

Another slightly frustrating thing, again probably exacerbated by being a latecomer, is the timers on the objectives. Like I had a few very close to completion but then it's ticked over to a new season (whatever that means) and now some of them have reset. There's also some objectives I'm not sure how to complete, like playing TOTW but the option is never available, I guess because the normal football season is over?

Soldato
Yeah it's not really designed to start fut champs at this late stage. Way too many op squads, all the casual players have given up waiting for the next version and all that's left are with serious players and toxic ones.

Back
Top Bottom