****The Official Road Bicycle Gallery Thread****

Soldato
Out of interest, what fans do people use? For clarity, my setup will be in a regular wooden shed, and as an extra factor i sweat like an absolute ***** when doing any kind of activity so a regular style fan won't cut it.

I've eyed up the Headwind, but i don't really need the smart options, because i will sweat a lot at 140bpm and so almost would need it at full power all the time anyway!

The Vacmaster looks pretty damn good.

Soldato
I have the Headwind as it was on sale for just under £150 when I got it. Had I not got the headwind I would've eyed up the vacmaster.

I think in this heat and well insulated house I could do with 2 or 3 headwinds. Far too hot for indoor cycling at the moment!

Soldato
Realised i meant to post in the Turbo Trainer thread. I'm a moron!

What's annoying is that there was a partly dodgy sounding Headwind on ebay, i was winning till the last 30 seconds or so, but was on the phone so didn't have time to react.

Think the Vacmaster might be the way forward.

Associate
New bike arrived today.

Ribble Endurance SL Disc, Ultegra DI2, 303 Firecrest.

So far it has felt stiff and snappy.
DI2 although intuitive will take a little getting used to, as I got confused a few times whether I was going up or down.

Btw I was riding on the road, just couldn't resist the #Leeds moment.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Sounds like they are trying to penny pinch. Sure I heard that Ribble hadn't been making any money for years but I may be making that up. They make fantastic quality and value bikes as far as I know however.

Soldato
Apparently not. I asked the same thing :). Im 6f 2 with much of that being my lanky legs. Its already a size 58 frame. Moving up would affect other geometry (reach etc) which this frame size is fine for me.

Soldato
Ah good stuff. You're the same size as me.

I know my old bike was a 61cm, but the new one is 59cm but my seat is nowhere near as high, also following a bike fit. Although they did also comment on how low the seat was previously and jacked it up quite a bit. Maybe my legs are just less lanky :p

Soldato
New bike day :)

2SNaXLA.jpg

Y6uBDTf.jpg

I had them fit different bars that were slightly narrower.

Crank is a 175 so ill have to see how I get on with that.

I also ordered a set of carbon wheels at the same time, I couldn't get my normal conti GP5000 so I will see how these are. It took a bit longer to build as I had to swap discs and cassette over.

Just waiting for some decent weather to get out on it now.

Soldato
Random buy of the day for me.

Bought this for £400 from a customer. Wheels are basically new racing quattro,
Prologo Nago saddle and wide pro vibe bars that I used to run myself.

Soldato
Quick question. Does the varia work properly at that angle? Looks like its pointing at the ground too much. Mine is basically pointing directly backwards.

Isn't the mount angled to counteract the seat post angle? Might need turning round.

Back
Top Bottom