• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
£1600 is very expensive for a GPU however gaming is a hobby and hobbies are expensive. I don’t criticise people for spending thousands of pounds each year for golf.
Not only that but some people are happy to spend 2k on a holiday or £400 + a month paying for a new car the list goes on and on, I don't do any of them so me buying a Graphics card every year is my Birthday treat to myself.

Associate
They probably won't do anything about prices until all these overpriced 3080's are sold.
How that will happen is beyond me.
Looking at the Nvidia store, there are 3080's for over a grand - double the FE price!
Who's gonna buy those?
There is going to be a lot second hand 3080s on Ebay later today ! I've just sold mine to my brother.

Caporegime
Very true and the 4090 has annoyed a lot that only got 3090ti recently too at £2k+ and now the £2k+ game is being played out again while their 3090ti is now half the price... :rolleyes:

Thats why you should never go ti>=90. You either go ti to ti every gen or 80/90 to 80/90 every gen.

Which is why it annoys me that most of the reviews are vs a 3090ti. People who have just bought a 3090ti really shouldnt be looking at buying a 4090 unless they have money to burn. They should be waiting for the 4090ti.

Soldato
Viewing doesn't mean buying :D Lots of people like to view products through the glass of shops but only tiny fraction actually buys them.
Not when it comes to Nvidia toys. Window shopping turns into smash the window and grab one or two... This never ends well when so many are all charged up for these.. I saw it coming when leather jacket man made claims of 2x and 4x... his disciples got down on their knees and said ...

p2cQsM5.jpg

Soldato
Too early surely? You normally need a confirmed order before listing. I see there are two scalped early amazon orders up in the US. A Zotac trinity 4090 for $2,298.85!!!!! They must only be $1599 in the US so a $700 scalp.
Nah place holders for upcoming stock, they did this for 3080's regardless if they had stock or not as they were pretty much guaranteed new stock with expensive bots doing all the work. I knew someone who was getting 10+ cards a week from a popular online store using bots with ads on a constant relist.

Caporegime
When was the last time a nn70 card outperformed a previous gen nn90 card? As the 4080 12GB is actually a 4070 right?

It doesnt. Only with DLSS trickery. Without its 20% slower than a 3090 and only 10% faster than the 3080. When was the last generation that offered you a 10% increase for £100 more than the old card from 2 years ago?

The 4080 12gb is a lemon. Without DLSS 3, Nvidia would have released it as a 3060ti or 3070 at the very best and priced it accordingly.

Last edited:
Associate
They probably won't do anything about prices until all these overpriced 3080's are sold.
How that will happen is beyond me.
Looking at the Nvidia store, there are 3080's for over a grand - double the FE price!
Who's gonna buy those?
People who can't afford the 4k series. Which is the plan. Though, NVIDIA just care about FE prices really, AIB are AIB's problems. And AIB likely are already losing monies after they bought overpriced parts from NVIDIA so they will try to hold on to high prices for as long as they can. That said, J.H. expects 2-3 more quarters to sell most 3k series cards, hence I would not expect any 4k prices drops for a year or so. Unless AMD jabs them hard and they have no other option.

Associate
Thats why you should never go ti>=90. You either go ti to ti every gen or 80/90 to 80/90 every gen.

Which is why it annoys me that most of the reviews are vs a 3090ti. People who have just bought a 3090ti really shouldnt be looking at buying a 4090 unless they have money to burn. They should be waiting for the 4090ti.
Most reviews are doing as told by NVIDIA. And NVIDIA's official comparisons are vs 3090Ti. And that's why it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom