This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Soldato
Funnily enough, I knew a drugs kingpin once. The reason I knew him was through association with a girl friend (I should say acquaintance since I really wouldn't call her a friend) who failed to pay him for his "services" (being, no doubt, some drugs). Nice chap - he broke both her legs for not paying.

What did you expect him to do? If one person gets away with ripping him off, everyone else will try their luck.

Soldato
In the UK? I can't find anything on the MSM about it?
Yup,

Yup,

Thank you and yes, ludicrous to even attempt to bring charges!

Soldato
As sad as it is to say this, this is why you shouldn't speak to the police without a solicitor.

I was always of the opinion that if you have nothing to hide speaking to the police if what you do. I've now heard so many ex police saying never speak to the police without legal representation that I've completely changed my mind. Keep your mouth shut and speak to a solicitor if you feel in any way you could be or become a person of interest.

I was always of the opinion that if you have nothing to hide speaking to the police if what you do. I've now heard so many ex police saying never speak to the police without legal representation that I've completely changed my mind. Keep your mouth shut and speak to a solicitor if you feel in any way you could be or become a person of interest.
And an appropriate adult if you are vulnerable too, as they can give you extra support.

Although nothing is confidential between the appropriate adult and the vulnerable person.

Associate

100% never trust the police. No comment and get legal representation, you simply cannot trust them in the slightest.

Soldato
I couldn't find the thread about the woman arrested for praying silently in her head outside the abortion clinic.

Charges have been dropped.

A waste of police time and resources.

Let’s not lie about why she was arrested. Don’t be dishonest.

She was arrested for breaching a Public Space Protection Order to prevent the on going harassment of staff and women seeking medical services.

The arrest worked, she was legally removed from the area. It was not a waste of police time and she’s been released and told the charges may be reinstated, giving her incentive not to reoffend.

Soldato
Let’s not lie about why she was arrested. Don’t be dishonest.

She was arrested for breaching a Public Space Protection Order to prevent the on going harassment of staff and women seeking medical services.

The arrest worked, she was legally removed from the area. It was not a waste of police time and she’s been released and told the charges may be reinstated, giving her incentive not to reoffend.
How can just standing there doing nothing be harassment?

Soldato
How can just standing there doing nothing be harassment?

Coming to someone’s home or place of work to stare at them every day, often with a group of organised people to do the same thing, could very easily disturb or distress someone after some time.

It’s why the Public Space Protection Order was in place, which is what she was knowingly breaching, which is why she was arrested.

You should apologise for being so disingenuous.

Soldato
Coming to someone’s home or place of work to stare at them every day, often with a group of organised people to do the same thing, could very easily disturb or distress someone after some time.

It’s why the Public Space Protection Order was in place, which is what she was knowingly breaching, which is why she was arrested.

You should apologise for being so disingenuous.
They aren't coming to someones home or place of work. They aren't there to see the staff.

The PSPO was in place to stop people causing a disturbance, either for or against abortion.

The charges were dropped.

The point you're making failed the legal test.

It was obvious it would fail. That's why it was a waste of time.

The arrest worked, she was legally removed from the area.

You seem to be advocating for the police to make erroneous arrests just to get people out of the way?

Commissario
Not long enough, should never have the hope of ever being released.
He's been sentenced to 36 life terms, that 30 years is the absolute minimum he will serve, even if he's the best behaved prisoner in the world, finds god and shows all the remorse possible.
Realistically he's not getting out until he's well into his 80's if ever.

People need to remember a Judge normally has to give a "minimum" which is what tends to get latched onto when people are going on about the courts being soft, but there is also the maximum and the recommended terms and what someone will serve is usually somewhere between the recommended time and the maximum (all of which are legally required by the judge, along with the reasons).

Soldato
Talking of people not being released for a long time, I see Charles Bronson is applying for parole again, he's been inside for ~50 years now

(I know it's not police related but wasn't worth starting a new thread for)

Caporegime
He's been sentenced to 36 life terms, that 30 years is the absolute minimum he will serve, even if he's the best behaved prisoner in the world, finds god and shows all the remorse possible.
Realistically he's not getting out until he's well into his 80's if ever.

People need to remember a Judge normally has to give a "minimum" which is what tends to get latched onto when people are going on about the courts being soft, but there is also the maximum and the recommended terms and what someone will serve is usually somewhere between the recommended time and the maximum (all of which are legally required by the judge, along with the reasons).

Minimum, maximum, life, whatever. He should never breathe free air again.

Last edited:
Associate
Don't know why but after reading this post i just get Schwarzenegger's voice in my head shouting 'give these people air!'
image.png

:D :D

Back
Top Bottom