Woman sentenced to prison for abortion.

Soldato
This particular law applies to everyone.

She was punished, not because she aborted, but because she obtained the abortion method through deception - It was unlawfully obtained and thus unlawfully administered.
As written, the law punishes the mother or any other person, who unlawfully obtains (or provides) or administers a method of abortion. If she'd been honest and the doctor had still let her have the pill, the doctor would be the one hauled over the coals, for the unlawful supply.

So basically like punishing someone for possession of an illegal firearm rather than for the murder of the person they shot with it...

Soldato
So basically like punishing someone for possession of an illegal firearm rather than for the murder of the person they shot with it...
If the death itself is (arguably) lawful, yes... with the added bonus of not having to debate whether it's unlawful or not.

In the case of these charges, they're not saying abortion itself is unlawful, possibly because there is a question over exactly what caused the death/miscarriage. Just that she got the pills through unlawful means, which is an offence.
There's another such case just the other day:

Soldato
So this woman had sex with her lover (cheated on her husband), got pregnant, lover did not want to know, found out baby was not her husbands, killed baby.

Modern day women.....

How dare you. It's a woman's right to murder her children. I believe it was an Australian who first said "I trained it, I'm going to eat it". True, that was a snake, but it's the principle. Women should be allowed to do whatever they want. (I knew it was a dumb idea to give them the vote....give 'em an inch....). :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
So this woman had sex with her lover (cheated on her husband), got pregnant, lover did not want to know, found out baby was not her husbands, killed baby.

Modern day women.....

This woman fled a domestically abusive relationship, was failed by society, forced back to her abuser and felt she had to abort to survive iirc.

But even without that, it’s her body and her choice.

Can you give me an example of where one human is allowed to leach life from another?

We don’t have enforced organ transplantations, even after someone had died.

If someone held you at gun point and said they would be stealing the use of most of your body, and utterly ruining it in the process, you would have every right to defend yourself, even if it meant killing the other person.

Caporegime

Modern day women.....
Not to downplay her actions but what's 'modern' got to do with anything?

This has been happening for as long as there's been a mating ritual.

Soldato
This woman fled a domestically abusive relationship, was failed by society, forced back to her abuser and felt she had to abort to survive iirc.

But even without that, it’s her body and her choice.

Can you give me an example of where one human is allowed to leach life from another?

We don’t have enforced organ transplantations, even after someone had died.

If someone held you at gun point and said they would be stealing the use of most of your body, and utterly ruining it in the process, you would have every right to defend yourself, even if it meant killing the other person.

I don't think there is anything you said there that I agree with.

Why is it societies fault when a person remains in a situation that is clearly bad for them? No one, no one is ever forced back in to an abusive relationship.

I don't agree with the "it's her body" thing. It isn't, it's a new life. It may be inside her, and it may affect her, but that does not give her the automatic right to destroy it.

Last I heard, babies don't have guns. But adults do have contraception. They do have legs (to walk away from relationships). They can say no (and if that is ignored, there are the police).

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes i am aware of all those.... however I am saying abortion does not have to be the first and only option...
Take responsiblity for your actions...

It isn’t the first and only option, it is an option though.

The fact other options exist before it that might possibly prevent it needing to be one doesn’t mean it isn’t an option, so your posts are utterly redundant.

Soldato
I don't think there is anything you said there that I agree with.

Why is it societies fault when a person remains in a situation that is clearly bad for them? No one, no one is ever forced back in to an abusive relationship.

I don't agree with the "it's her body" thing. It isn't, it's a new life. It may be inside her, and it may affect her, but that does not give her the automatic right to destroy it.

Last I heard, babies don't have guns. But adults do have contraception. They do have legs (to walk away from relationships). They can say no (and if that is ignored, there are the police).

The baby doesn’t have a gun no, it’s a hypothetical analogy about force, not a real one. The fact you need that explaining to you says a lot.

What do you mean you don’t agree that it’s her body? Would you like to expand on that? Is it not her body? Who’s is it?

Let’s focus on the issue of abortion rather than add in the extra fun element of your fascinating insights on being able to simply call the police in a domestic abusive relationship.

Back
Top Bottom