Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Isn't that why they recommend using grey primer for contrasts?

After getting to the situation I was told I would by fanning around too much, I have now assembled my 10 marines and am painting them all in stages, I have assembled most of my plagueburst crawler but that really needs to be painted in subs due to some armour plating covering bits.

Last edited:
Soldato
Starting to get fed up messing about in my drawer to find paint. Going to have to get some racks.

AK 3rd gen bottles have a wee divot in the cap that you can add a drop of paint to.

I’ve decanted quite a few of the GW ones but keep finding that they tend to leak out of the nib. Not sure why

Associate
Some Space Marines painted for my 8 year old son. Mostly bought from the recent Warhammer monthly magazines.
gfYCD30.jpg

This time he painted the green and filled the details...
LJwAk5G.jpg

..And finally, he wanted this one in Iron Man colours...
zkSmoE9.jpg

Sgarrista
Commissario
Somewhat weirdly, after pulling the model out the IPA it ended up giving a "weathered" look over the entire model that I kind of like. May have to experiment with this :D

Soldato
Somewhat weirdly, after pulling the model out the IPA it ended up giving a "weathered" look over the entire model that I kind of like. May have to experiment with this :D

That's actually sort of a technique used for 'grimdark' style. You apply an oil wash then use white spirit to remove it and it leaves behind a texture/patterns.

About ten mins in if you want a quick before and after.

Last edited:

Raz

Raz

Soldato
How are people finding 10th Ed compared to 9th? I've had one game so far, does seem simplified enough but definitely need to pad out my wordbearers army.

Soldato
It comes in the starter paint set for necrons, although I haven't really tried it (mainly because I haven't done the necrons yet).

Any pics of how it looks on your minis?

Behold! Starter Set Necrons in a spectacularly boring 'all metal' theme:

aEumpbt.jpg

(Don't behold the awful quality of that photo so much please)

Reactions: Raz

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Behold! Starter Set Necrons in a spectacularly boring 'all metal' theme:

aEumpbt.jpg

(Don't behold the awful quality of that photo so much please)

Looking good, makes you forget how horrific those weapons are.

I'll post some pictures over the weekend if I get a chance to get some painting done.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Oh my word, tesseract glow, what an amazing and lovely paint to work with!!!

Have been playing with this color all night. I think im in love. Its so predictable and easy to work with.

However the cheap brushes that I picked up to get going are certainly not looking/feeling great, assume theres a "sweet spot" of quality brushes that wont be mentally expensive, any suggestions?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Have been playing with this color all night. I think im in love. Its so predictable and easy to work with.

However the cheap brushes that I picked up to get going are certainly not looking/feeling great, assume theres a "sweet spot" of quality brushes that wont be mentally expensive, any suggestions?

Army painter do a set which I've found to be pretty useful. Particularly their regiment brush.

Soldato

Rosemary & Co series 33 are exactly this sweet spot brush imo. About £8 each these days they were more like £6 not that long ago.

A #1 and #2 will cover you for most things, I like the #2 the best but everyone likes different size brushes.

I put up a picture a few pages back of a series 33 #2 that I’ve been giving a load of stick for months and it still holds a nice point.

Soldato
I learnt very quickly that you only need a small number of paints to make pretty much any of the GW range who seem to introduce a new colour that is marginally more saturated than the next.
That said, I get the appeal of having it ready made.

Played a few games now, I'm lucky to have found good people to learn from and don't get offended by my request not to play against knights because it's boring as hell. I'll never understand why they were added into the game but the smaller ones as additions to a 'normal' I find ok instead of playing against like 2-3 models total.

Returned my w&ns7 size 1, stray bristles before I even used it, splayed after one small test and wouldnt go back. Ordered some different ones from another brand instead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom