Tabletop Warhammer?

Caporegime
Any of you guys can identify this terminator body? Probably some kind of chaplain? But I'm pulling blanks on finding it in any catalogue.
There's a storm shield and thunder hammer pair of arms coming with it but that is a weird combo... :p

YS3dt6C.png

Soldato
How are people finding 10th Ed compared to 9th? I've had one game so far, does seem simplified enough but definitely need to pad out my wordbearers army.

Very very poorly balanced with some stupidly easy exploits.

That's a shame given the hype and promotion.

Poor balance seems to be par for the course with pretty much any new 40k or faction release, then they'll gradually fix it, everyone will enjoy 6 months of reasonably well balanced gaming before the next edition is released to empty your wallet :p

Caporegime
This guy is part number 70155/1. He was released in July 1995 (announced in White Dwarf 187) and is a Jes Goodwin sculpt.
1994 sculpt. His right arm was the usual storm bolter 0441/4 and the left was the Crozius Arcanum 70155/2.

got it i only looked as far as 1994.... lol typical :p

Last edited:
Soldato
So looks like virtually all the 10th Edition Index Cards got updated yesterday with minor error corrections (in other words - not a balance update) with new downloads available on Warhammer Community.

Made me wonder what GWs returns policy on something like that would be, given that they sell them as hard copies for £10 to £15 per faction?

Caporegime
So looks like virtually all the 10th Edition Index Cards got updated yesterday with minor error corrections (in other words - not a balance update) with new downloads available on Warhammer Community.

Made me wonder what GWs returns policy on something like that would be, given that they sell them as hard copies for £10 to £15 per faction?

Their return policies are often poor. I remember buying a kit that was clearly defective (think it was a 2nd edition rhino) with a casting fault causing part of one of the side panels to basically not exist. Took it back and they basically said just use some filler etc.
Really had to argue with them to have them exchange it, never mind refund it.

Associate
Still been working on my display, applied steel tape to the underside of my display case, all shelves now work great with the base magnets through the plastic which helps a lot as they'd slip otherwise even just gently picking up the display, so magnetising in this situation is very useful. Could have just used 1.5mm steel sheet cut to the shelf size rather than more expensive steel tape as had to double side tape it steel side up to give it enough magnetic pull though the plastic base, but the steel tape still works great. Really happy with the stand now; doesn't weigh much more but now has underlined steel on all its shelves. Image showing one shelf below and the magnetised bases doing their job.

AIL4fc8MW_XJLE3NGLAzUF8Zt8lOLcsbIq_DOHoXfs5oTQmH-Qjg6Kx7-qZGuLJCZX8bRMtB2LuuHayEzEmZSVzORcOTfLIeguHAfCuDeoLAOoyUfR1xwAo=w2400

Also got the 3D printed shoulders delivered, but didn't realise that they were for right shoulders for Death Watch marines, I didn't even know what they were, but they're a veteran Space Marine chapter comprised of other Space Marine chapter veterans who wear their original chapter herald on their right shoulder, not left as I needed. though luckily out of 50 shoulders, 30 are symmetrical chapter logos, so I could still use them. I'll plan to get the Death Watch combat box later for the right sided ones as they're a very cool looking chapter. Shoulders are fairly decent prints it seems, was able to complete my Minotaur marine and a Mantis Warrior as seen in pics below. The Mantis Warrior base model was featured on a recent UK postage stamp as an Ultramarine. Have a few on the go now using 3D printed shoulders and am over half way to finishing the whole project. Couldn't do some of the non-symmetrical ones I wanted due to accidentally buying right handed shoulders, but will buy 3D prints of the left ones for another 20 display at some stage.

AIL4fc_-EwGvdqrNBzAcfO-b0_5je9hDiskBQhOCPmS1GnNbxgdfU3hyRhtMl9VUlqi0v1l2Luho4rbpVX99-OUpTjzsgWPIbLRbbVhCuq920N8re30n1wU=w2400

AIL4fc-IjmWTWr6YFuDiIyiUUtJiy_KEbld3w8Go7lMMOiwuHry-CALq_1Yt3giwAZVizcwk4zhhK76UKD4UN_qXiP_MlTEFEINAdkUkz5m6sa9xGn4XW70=w2400

AIL4fc-dxwM9acPtArrt2AuObORZoVY_5amuTQHsa-1sKaF0J4wctUkMHh8ao2HgoXwB9urJWWps38Wax4XXYud-l9tL0I4izTgCcYnRdxQH7XvROsge0ms=w2400

AIL4fc_TiE3QsreCe7QXJhyEVzNrqsNgx8vXEAp_ugjtMRsIJYbPHbatlRUGjyc39nSNMNub6sa1L_r35AnTI7I1BljD4mxRDROXnVi7WqjxeMDwZ6S0zqw=w2400

Soldato
Haven't even assembled my deathguard yet or the chaos stuff but was thinking how cool a salamander paint scheme was for space marines and then I remembered I have an army of them from the Leviathan box I forgot about.
So many details on the deathguard models, marines look simple in comparison.

Soldato
Some third party minis look better but can't bring myself to get unofficial stuff. Outside of practicing for painting*

Actually some of the accessories I'd use because GW ones are silly price like for Salamander shoulder upgrade.

It's getting to the point where I consider getting a 3d printer tbh, it would help this hobby but be cool for other stuff.

Last edited:
Commissario
The bit people don't often seem to talk about with airbrushes, though i've heard mention once or twice, is needing ventilation and respirator masks etc. I recall a video by Dana Howl for example, where she has a 'painting booth' set up with extract ventilation and filters for airbrushing. After seeing that I gave up on the idea as I just don't have the space to have all the sort of gear left set up.

Do people here that use airbrushes have much else to their set up beyond the airbrush and compressor or just sat at a desk painting away with a nearby window open?
A bit late to reply but we bought a proper Graphicair A300 extractor unit (intended for schools, hobby and IIRC light commercial) when we got our airbrushes and that's set up in the garage via a wall vent and is great, pretty much good enough that you probably don't need a mask for airbrush work (although we still wear them), and copes really well even with spray cans as it's got a huge amount of suction*.

In the spare room we've got a cheap portable unit (it folds up quite small) with window hose that wouldn't cope at all with the spray cans, but works well with the airbrushes, but with that one you do have to wear a mask as it's nowhere near as powerful.
A couple of friends just use basically half a large box to spray into with the airbrush and a mask in a spare room/garage.

A lot of the requirements for airbrush safety depend on what you're spraying (enamels/solvent based need a higher level), and how much, acrylic paint sprayed through the brush tends to "dry" very quickly in the air so you end up with a light dust floating about if it misses the model, which isn't great for you but it's nothing like as bad as say an enamel paint, let alone spray can (which will leave a heavy smelly cloud).
I'd say for normal acrylics you could easily get away with just a mask, a "spray box" and reasonable normal ventilation as long as you're not doing massive amounts of painting in a go.

*Almost no noticeable particulates/smell in the garage after an undercoat session.

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario
Some practice tonight on the schemes for the weapons.

White base coat
Tubes then subtlely highlighted with titanium white ink and finished off with tesseract glow.
The connection point, the tinest touch of necron compound drybrush, then coated using basilicanum grey, this matches the grey being used for the skulls and metal bones.
Enchanted steel straight up for the main body of the weapon. May just add a very light touch of nuln oil into the recesses, and maybe a tiny tiny touch of drybrush on the edges, but undecided at this point I kind of like the "flat" look contrasting against the features.

IMG-20230729-233335.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom