• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Black Friday/cyber Monday - what would count as worth buying?

Associate
I also belong to the small group that managed to grab a brand new 4070 Ti for circa £460 due to a retailer misprice lately.
Lucky bugger! The best deal yet.

How did you find the deal? I don't check prices too often and even then sometimes just through a certain PC part comparison site, which itself isn't up to date or accurate.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lucky bugger! The best deal yet.

How did you find the deal? I don't check prices too often and even then sometimes just through a certain PC part comparison site, which itself isn't up to date or accurate.
I had an alert set up on a popular UK deals website and happened to be using my phone at the time.

Deals like this don't tend to last long, and aren't always honoured, as they're a result of a retailer error.

In this case, further compensation was issued due to delivery problems, hence the unexpectedly low price.

Soldato
I had an alert set up on a popular UK deals website and happened to be using my phone at the time.

Deals like this don't tend to last long, and aren't always honoured, as they're a result of a retailer error.

In this case, further compensation was issued due to delivery problems, hence the unexpectedly low price.
I've tried the alerts on that app but you get so much spam from trash deals that I always end up turning them off after a bit.

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure if a good deal but posting here for more knowledgeable folk. The XFX 7800XT can apparently be had from competitor with discount code for £475.

If that's the Black version, it will be on of the best 7800XT's out there.

I'm a fan XFX Black cards, excellent build quality and great for overclocking.
Thanks. So 700 or in and around that price is what to realistically hope for. That's my budget I think anyway, unless I see something unmissable.

Yes I would hope you can get a 7900XT for £700, I managed to get one at that price for my son's Christmas build.

I kept the copy of Starfield for me, that was my excuse for getting the graphics card early and the great price :D

Associate
Hi Guys, I'm looking for a new GPU. current one is asus strix 2080 super. i game at 3440x1440. should i wait for black friday for the

Sapphire Nitro+ AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X to come down in price or wait till january for the new 4080 super card. the only thing which is putting me off AMD are their drivers. people complain they are bad. i have never owned a AMD card before allways been nVidia.​

Associate
Hi Guys, I'm looking for a new GPU. current one is asus strix 2080 super. i game at 3440x1440. should i wait for black friday for the

Sapphire Nitro+ AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X to come down in price or wait till january for the new 4080 super card. the only thing which is putting me off AMD are their drivers. people complain they are bad. i have never owned a AMD card before allways been nVidia.​

The drivers are fine, my last 2 cards have been AMD, 6800xt and my current card a 7900xtx and not had any problems with drivers. My card before that was a 2080 Super and never had any problem, with that.

I've had PC's since the early 90's and never been loyal to either brand.

Soldato
@Winnter yep drivers are fine, anyone that says otherwise is living in the past on that one. A few people who have changed from Nvidia to AMD on here recently have also commented on how nice the Adrenaline suite is to use. My brother went the other way - AMD to Nvidia. He likes the card but says the driver interface is poor. He was shocked lol.

Back
Top Bottom