Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
They can pay for it then

They are getting loans, they are getting old equipment. Yes they are getting money, and they are getting new equipment.. guess what, it's cheap to do that, than have to face off against Putin directly. And others have said.. Ukraine is paying for it, with an entire generation of people.
Also you know what, that new equipment that's being built and sent to them, it creates and sustains jobs. It is also finally giving some countries a kick in the behind to actually maintain and re-inforce their own armed forces.

And again for the second time, precedent and international law. It's cheap, if it stops him or anyone else doing it, because next time it won't be cheap (either in lives or money).

Do you remember WW2? How much money did the UK owe the US at the end of it? Why was that?

Last edited:
Soldato
This week's Economist has an article on FPV drones. Here's an interesting chart from it:

Screenshot-20240212-105630-Samsung-Internet.jpg

That is very likely showing at least in large part, the level of Russian equipment losses. Russia has already been forced to turn to using antique kit and sending in un armoured vehicles in place of tanks and IFV’s resulting in increased troop casualties.

Soldato
That is very likely showing at least in large part, the level of Russian equipment losses. Russia has already been forced to turn to using antique kit and sending in un armoured vehicles in place of tanks and IFV’s resulting in increased troop casualties.

Yeah, I'm assuming lower number of Ukrainian vehicle hits more recently reflects fewer targets, due to Russian losses. Possibly also the Russian shift to defense, I guess.

Always love a nice Economist analysis!

Soldato
Another 40,000 troops sent to the meat grinder in the name of the Vladolf.

Путин мой дальнейший! Бедность или смерть!

Last edited:
Soldato
That's the currenty Kremlin line, to push isolationist MAGA idiots into supporting Trump.

Putin has already been forced to pull Americans into conflict though. For Vladolf to actually archive this goal he would have to reject China, Iran, North Korea and Syria. Non of those nations will let Russia off the hook.

Last edited:
Suspended
Is that all you care about. The monetary cost?

This isn't really about how I personally feel, yet my views do reflect how a lot of people feel, clearly. Mainly though, Ukraine cannot win this war militarily, if they could then it might be worth the cost in lives and money, but they have no chance of retaking the territory they've lost, so not only is it costly - it's pointless.

Soldato
This isn't really about how I personally feel, yet my views do reflect how a lot of people feel, clearly. Mainly though, Ukraine cannot win this war militarily, if they could then it might be worth the cost in lives and money, but they have no chance of retaking the territory they've lost, so not only is it costly - it's pointless.

Comrade, Ukrainians are winning. Russia will taste defeat. It will take time and millions of dead Russians but the Russian loss is now inevitable. The only question is how high the price will be for Russians.

Nonsense.

Its been posted before in response to this incorrect statement, but look how WW1 seemed to be a stalemate and then suddenly great areas changed hands.

Soldato

We'll never know that unless we try. It's perfectly possible Ukraine could win this war just as other underdogs have done throughout history. And even if they try and fail, the settlement will be far better for Ukraine (and the world) than if they except that cannot without a fight.

Last edited:
Suspended
Comrade, Ukrainians are winning. Russia will taste defeat. It will take time and millions of dead Russians but the Russian loss is now inevitable. The only question is how high the price will be for Russians.

You seem to type these statements without really any investment of your own, I bet none of you would put money on Ukraine retaking their captured territory with military force. Place a bet on it and show us you have. I don't think you actually believe what you're typing.

Last edited:
Soldato
You seem to type these statements without really any investment of your own, I bet none of you would put money on Ukraine retaking their captured territory with military force. Place a bet on it and show us you have. I don't think you actually believe what you're typing.

If you had the ability to maybe de radicalise yourself and look beyond the twisted, entrenched views you seem to have developed you would see the reality of the situation.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom