Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ukraine are going to have to decide between two courses
Lowering the enlistment age (its currently 27 which a lot seem to ignore when thet talk about the average age of Ukrainian troops) or expand the enlistment

Its not different to how the UK and the allies etc were in WW1 and WW2, early on its voluntary sign ups. Later its forced conscription pretty much unavoidable in longer term wars.

Soldato
I think 2 years of war suffering casualties of this scale would do this to most countries. A lot of you don't seem to realise the extent of the casualties Ukraine has suffered, even if Russia has taken more, it's simply more sustainable for them.

The actual casualties Ukraine has taken is not public info.
The sources vary wildly, I have seen 3:1 as being widely quoted however.
But a lot of recent attacks the Russians have made they are into 20:1 type ranges.

Whilst every death is bad, the real impact is going to come from equipment. On both sides. Right now Ukraine have ammo issues, which Russia seems to have solved for now by getting it from NK etc.
But Russia is burning though its equipment, exactly how many months/years they can carry on at this rate we don't know but as the article I linked above confirms, they are burning through the equipment many times faster than they are replacing.
Much of the OSINT community is showing vast Russian supply depots heavily exhaused. Not fully, but you wonder how much of that kit left behind has been so as it simply won't start, or move, or has already been part stripped etc
At least for Ukraine stuff like the F16s are coming, Russia isn't gaining any significant number of planes

Whilst Russia has a larger pool of men, it also has a larger economy and a larger dependency in raw numbers to support. The reality is the likely Russian loss % is similar to the Ukrainian in terms of % of population.
Its still in reality a tiny tiny %

Last edited:
Soldato
I think 2 years of war suffering casualties of this scale would do this to most countries. A lot of you don't seem to realise the extent of the casualties Ukraine has suffered, even if Russia has taken more, it's simply more sustainable for them.

Russia will collapse long before Ukraine. The further Russia allows Putin to push this agenda, the more its losses will increase, the bigger its debts to North Korea, Iran and the likes become and the less capacity the Russian economy holds to shoulder this burden become. Internally, basic Russian infrastructure is falling apart, its revenue streams are throttled and interest in its resources reduced.

Russia, under Putin is ******

Last edited:
Soldato
russia’s economy is starting to have fundamental issues, same with china (HK stockmarket has tanked to 1997 levels as china has given up attempting to divert the economic woes).

I think another arms supply would cancel NK’s ammo supply given the rates. What may be on people’a minds is why supply more arms if there’s no troops to operate.

I think an arms shipment would push russia over the 500K barrier, which will stick in the Durma’s mind.

Soldato
With people like you saying we shouldn’t fund them and assist in their defense it’s no wonder why they are struggling.

You are a walking contradiction, spewing propaganda of the worst kind with no remorse.

Associate
Soldato
Yep this is fast becoming a problem it seems - the current age is 27+ but there is talk of lowering it. Just think of the tradgedy that has already happened for this to become necessary.

I despair. The modern world should be beyond this but here we are year after year with hundreds of thousands of young men being maimed or killed for the sake of land and minority political beliefs. God it’s tragic.

I just took my 4 year old son swimming. We spent 45 mins laughing, playing, jumping in, cuddling and just being father and son. This is how it should be.

The future scares me and I won’t let anyone take him from me. I hope for a resolution for his sake.

Soldato
russia’s economy is starting to have fundamental issues, same with china (HK stockmarket has tanked to 1997 levels as china has given up attempting to divert the economic woes).

I think another arms supply would cancel NK’s ammo supply given the rates. What may be on people’a minds is why supply more arms if there’s no troops to operate.

I think an arms shipment would push russia over the 500K barrier, which will stick in the Durma’s mind.

The Ukrainians have never received anything close to enough arms. Its always been a case of make do and manage.

Soldato
Yep this is fast becoming a problem it seems - the current age is 27+ but there is talk of lowering it. Just think of the tradgedy that has already happened for this to become necessary.

I despair. The modern world should be beyond this but here we are year after year with hundreds of thousands of young men being maimed or killed for the sake of land and minority political beliefs. God it’s tragic.

I just took my 4 year old son swimming. We spent 45 mins laughing, playing, jumping in, cuddling and just being father and son. This is how it should be.

The future scares me and I won’t let anyone take him from me. I hope for a resolution for his sake.

Unfortunately only the Russian people can end this catastrophic mess. Vladolf is happy to put 400,000 of his own people to death without batting an eyelid.

Last edited:
Soldato
what is the obsession with Poland in this thread getting involved to save the day? can someone explain it to me please?
Russia and Poland have a long history of Russian occupation, something like 190 years of the last 250 years Russia has been in Poland trying to erase Polish identity/culture, cities like Lviv also have Polish heritage, so I gather they would rather fight than see them turn Russia and have Russia as their neighbour given their colourful history

I know Kaliningrad techinically makes them already neighbours but they tolerate it

Last edited:
Soldato
31 January 2024 - A group of six Buryat T-62M Obr. 2022 and T-62MV Obr. 2022, complete with anti-drone canopies and bulldozer blades (or mine ploughs). An RP-377 IED jammer is also visible on the left-most tank. These tanks likely belong to Russia's Buryat 5th Separate Guards Tank Brigade, 36th Combined Arms Army, Eastern Military District.

The fact that Russia are now sending such old tanks directly into the advance is being touted by many on social media as evidence that they are finally running out of steam and having to throw in the last dregs. But sadly the reality is that Ukraine are running so low on ATGMs now that Russia don't really have a downside to sending in the rolling targets :(

Screenshot-2024-02-12-173604.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom