This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Caporegime
that copper mistaking na acorn for a gunshot is insane.

also rolling around like a clown thinking hes been shot lol

It shows how quick the US police are to fall back to guns instantly.
UK seems to be the same with tasers now.

weren't they originally supposed to be like a last response?

Last edited:
Soldato
UK seems to be the same with tasers now.

Not at all, most officers still don't carry Taser for a start and the stats show that they're not being fired very often.

They were originally trialled with firearms officers as an additional less-lethal option. They're not a "last response" though, in many situations Taser use will be far safer and less likely to injure than a baton strike, and it doesn't have the unintended consequence of affecting people other than the target like incapacitant sprays do.

Soldato

This is the sort of stuff that gets started by people who don't know the facts and then spread as if it were true online.

Taser is one of a number of tactical 'less lethal' options police have.

Most 'uses' of taser by the police dont even involve the weapon being discharged as the weapon being drawn or the red dot it can project on a potential target often achieves the desired result.

Taser usesTaser can be used in a number of different ways, many of which involve applying no force on a person. In the majority of cases, incidents can be resolved by the psychological impact of Taser without it ever being 'fired'.

And even when discharged in circumstances where it successfully delivers a shock the injuries are typically much less severe than would be sustained from a baton strike.

Superfical injuries from where the barbs may have punctured the outer layers of the skin vs the often considerable bruising and risk of bone breakages, fractures etc from a baton strike.

It's simply ridiculous to think taser is a weapon 'of last resort' to the police.

The body that deals with training for all the countries police forces, the College of Policing is clear that there is no 'hierachy' of 'less lethal' options. It is up to the officer to decide on and justify what will be the most suitable course of action based on their dynamic assessment of a particular situation.

Less lethal options​

NPCC has considered the issues associated with hierarchical continuums of force and has concluded that they are both operationally and legally inappropriate for adoption by the police service. Less lethal options are selected by officers having considered the capability, limitations and proportionality of the option in the prevailing circumstances. Many factors will impact on the decision and it is therefore not practical to pre-determine the most appropriate options as part of a continuum of force, namely to consider each option in strict hierarchy, in terms of an escalation of force, or to use each in turn on that basis until the objective has been achieved.

And in fact if any police officer was in a postion of 'last resort' they may often be better of reaching 1st for their baton first because tasers fired in the conventional manner are a one shot affair with a considerable reload time where as a baton can be used again and again, in quick sucession, if the first attempt fails or is insufficient to achieve the aim.

Last edited:
Soldato
Police Scotland allowed a murderer and rapist to roam around for over 20 years committing more crimes.

Needless to say I'd hang this guy.

Soldato
The first part of a report is coming out today and Cleverly is issuing a statement to Parliament.

The guy was a monster. I'm not sure about anyone else but if a work colleague has a nickname "the rapist", I'd be wanting to know what that is about. Laughing it off, as I suspect other people did, contributed to this guy having the authority to do this. He should have been charged with all his previous crimes.

Soldato
The first part of a report is coming out today and Cleverly is issuing a statement to Parliament.

The guy was a monster. I'm not sure about anyone else but if a work colleague has a nickname "the rapist", I'd be wanting to know what that is about. Laughing it off, as I suspect other people did, contributed to this guy having the authority to do this. He should have been charged with all his previous crimes.

Police covering for their own isn’t just a US problem.

Caporegime
The man was described as in his early 30s, approximately 5 ft 6/7 tall, with a low-pitch, deep voice. He was wearing a dark green bomber-style jacket, dark jeans and white trainers.

He had short, black, Afro hair which was shaved on the sides and back of his head, with no facial hair. Police believe he was in the area at the time of the incident and could have information that may assist the ongoing investigation.
are they scared to say someones skin colour?

He's got an afro so he must be some shade of dark skin? light? dark? clearly African?

why not narrow it down? is it racist? are they scared of an attempted rapist getting offended?

Last edited:
Caporegime

are they scared to say someones skin colour?

He's got an afro so he must be some shade of dark skin? light? dark? clearly African?

why not narrow it down? is it racist? are they scared of an attempted rapist gets offended?

I've literally just seen the northumbria police tweet of this! They can give details on his voice tone and the colour of his trainers but not his accent or skin colour. What is it they're trying to hide?

Soldato
If anything they need to throw the book hard at police who commit abhorrent crimes like these. The public are meant to be able to put full trust and faith in any police officer they meet. The last thing a woman might expect it she's under the influence and bumps into a copper is to be sexually assaulted.

Punishing the officers with very harsh sentences you would hope might make them think twice.

Caporegime
I've literally just seen the northumbria police tweet of this! They can give details on his voice tone and the colour of his trainers but not his accent or skin colour. What is it they're trying to hide?
I just searched for their facebook and looked a the comments

one is the mum
I am the victims mum and I just can’t understand how you can’t show a picture of his face as I am aware you have a picture. Sadly he will get away with this and probably ruin some young girl and family’s life.
She made another comment saying he spoke broken English, so probably a migrant and the police want to keep it on the down low...

Caporegime

Next the police will WFH at sunny beaches in tropical climates

Last edited:
Soldato

Next the police will WFH at sunny beaches in tropical climates

They're already using drones, there was even a C4 programme about it. Bit of a nothing burger.

Caporegime
They're already using drones, there was even a C4 programme about it. Bit of a nothing burger.
you even read an article?
But critics have rounded on the initiative, with Norman Brennan, a former London police officer, saying the public wanted real police officers to respond to emergency incidents rather than drones 'several hundred feet in the air'.

He told MailOnline: 'The public want to see a police officer. If there's a drone they're not going to know about it and it won't mean anything to them. It's alright putting gimmicks together but it's closing the gate since all the horses have bolted.

'What the public want and the police need are more police officers. If you look at the increase in population since 2010 there was research showing we are 18,000 officers short of what we actually need.

Drones as first responders is just lazy and ignoring a problem.. whats a drone going to do as a first responder? its no better than CCTV, or some rando stood watching...

what next the nhs sending drones to 999 calls?

Last edited:
Caporegime
you even read an article?

Drones as first responders is just lazy and ignoring a problem.. whats a drone going to do as a first responder? its no better than CCTV, or some rando stood watching...

what next the nhs sending drones to 999 calls?
They could always field MQ-1's and just lob missiles at the vague area of crimes thus ensuring no more bad stats.

Back
Top Bottom