This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Caporegime

Seems ridiculous that he's facing a murder charge, at best it ought to be manslaughter but by the sounds of it he's got a defence... It's not some random person, this guy was a known dangerous criminal, involved in a shooting days earlier and he attempted to ram the police when stopped.

Caporegime
Seems ridiculous that he's facing a murder charge, at best it ought to be manslaughter but by the sounds of it he's got a defence... It's not some random person, this guy was a known dangerous criminal, involved in a shooting days earlier and he attempted to ram the police when stopped.
Wasn't it the car owner who was involved in the shooting, not him as he didn't own the car he was driving

Although not sure if this is the one who rammed the police or if that wad the French one

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wasn't it the car owner who was involved in the shooting, not him as he didn't own the car he was driving

There was more than one person involved in some conspiracy to murder:
Kaba had an apprenticeship to become an architect.[1] Kaba had been charged in 2018 with possessing an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence,[2] in relation to an incident on 30 December 2017.[3] He was found guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court in January 2019, and sentenced to four years in a Young Offenders Institute.[3] He was released in 2021.[3]

In the months following his death, six men were charged with conspiring with Kaba to commit murder and grievous bodily harm; the charges relate to a shooting which took place in Tower Hamlets on 30 August 2022, days before Kaba's death.[4][5]

Kaba was a member of 67, a Brixton Hill-based drill rap group.[1] He was known by his stagename Madix or Mad Itch.[6]

Even if the car didn't belong to Kaba or "Mad Itch" the police had good reason to stop him and he was involved regardless + he tried to ram the police.

Caporegime
There was more than one person involved in some conspiracy to murder:

Even if the car didn't belong to Kaba or "Mad Itch" the police had good reason to stop him and he was involved regardless + he tried to ram the police.
Ahh sorry no I thought you were referring to the car being stopped because it had been reported for a firearms offense the day before but it wasn't his car. I didn't know about thw previous offence as the BBC hadn't mentioned that in thier reporting. Only the car

"It later emerged that the Audi the 24-year-old was driving, which did not belong to him, had been linked by police to a firearms incident the previous day."

Typical well rounded bbc reporting

If you read thier stories it very much is a "traffic stop gone wrong" story.

Not the reality

Last edited:

UTT

UTT

Associate
Whats the world coming to...

Seems ridiculous that a, ahem, "construction worker" with gang links can't drive around London in someone elses car that was used in a shooting the previous day without being asked to stop!

And then when you politely decline that request by armed police and ram them, run the risk of being shot!

Caporegime
Anyone Resisting arrest has given up their right to be protected by the law imo.... and if your attacking a police officer with whats essentially a deadly weapon...

Whys driving a car at someone seen as different to running at someone with a knife? both have the same intent and need to be stopped.

People need to realise it stops being a mode of transport and becomes a deadly weapon, it's like throwing 1ton at someone

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone Resisting arrest has given up their right to be protected by the law imo....

Which works fine in theory, until the system gets misused and suddenly your "Resisting Arrest" any time they like so they can give you a quick pasting.

Just look at the US and how frequently you hear officer(s) constantly shouting "stop resisting" when the person they are arresting is not even REMOTELY resisting.

They do it to justify their heavy-handed behaviour and cover their own ass.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Which works fine in theory, until the system gets misused and suddenly your "Resisting Arrest" any time they like so they can give you a quick pasting.
doesnt every police officer have a chest mounted camera now? if thats not recording then your not protected for your actions.
simple

Associate
doesnt every police officer have a chest mounted camera now? if thats not recording then your not protected for your actions.
simple

Unfortunately body cameras don't really show naff-all when a copper is man-handling the suspect so much all you can see in the camera(s) are close-up's of people's jacket.

They help to reduce the abuses of power by the police, they do not prevent it.

Last edited:
Soldato
you even read an article?
Did you? Nobody involved in the schemes mentioned has said drones will be sent instead of actual officers, but they would have potential to get there first and provide an initial overview of an incident or scene to the control room.

NPAS has significant costs attached to each deployment and as the article mentions, some forces essentially don't bother contacting them because flight times are too long, so having drones available in vehicles and at fixed sites helps fill yet another gap in service created by government budget cuts.

Soldato
I guess the good news is this will establish in court that it’s acceptable to shoot crims that use cars as weapons.
Will be interesting to see the full details in court, the circumstances under which an armed officer in the UK is allowed to open firs are incredibly restricted, there are certainly multiple ways to read the descriptions of the incident which doesn't necessarily meet the very high threshold for use of lethal force in this country. Don't get me wrong the guy was clearly a wrongun and was breaking the law at the time but to me the description of events isn't conclusive enough for him to be shot dead and the right thing to do is to follow the process. A file of evidence has been collected and submitted to the crown prosecution service who feel the case is in the public interest and has a reasonable chance of conviction so the officer will stand trial where the prosecution will have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that his actions amounted to murder this alone would suggest to me that there is more to this than the dead man was driving his car straight at someone and if they hadn't resorted to lethal force someone else would have died.

Caporegime
Did you? Nobody involved in the schemes mentioned has said drones will be sent instead of actual officers
it doesnt say drone operators.

Plans for trials where drones will be used as first responders at the scene of emergencies were announced by police chiefs in November, with the first tests to be carried out in Norfolk, under a scheme named Project Eagle X.

Further trials are planned for the Thames Valley and Hampshire police forces. If testing is successful, the devices will be stationed on buildings and dispatched to crime and accident scenes, where they will be operated remotely.

Norfolk already has limited access to helicopters flown by the National Police Air Service. At present, their forces use about 400 drones; however, these cannot be flown out of the operator’s line of sight.

Plans are in place to amend those rules to allow police operators to fly the craft beyond their line of sight, with initial trials taking place later this year in areas with closed-off airspace.
should stick them in nightclubs, might get a better photo of violent thugs

Last edited:
Soldato
it doesnt say drone operators.
Neither did I. :confused:

“From a control station that receives a 999 call it can be launched completely remotely, flying overhead to an incident to gain situational awareness that will be fed back not just to that control station or control room, but also to the first responders who are about to arrive on the ground.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Imagine if CCTV was a thing..... instead we have people wasting time flying drones... rather have actual police not some drone operators. massive waste of money

someones been watching to much minority report and thinks AI really is AI inbstead of a dumb algorithm model thats been trained like a toddler would be with blocks and holes
its currently illegal to use a drone without line of sight or someone else having line or sight btw.

for good reason

Last edited:
Soldato
You do know CCTV is fixed in one location (even if it can pan and tilt) and not every square inch of the country is covered by CCTV?

As I found out when I was assaulted in a Tesco petrol station that had multiple CCTV cameras. Apparently even though I was at the pump it was a blind spot lol.

The Police were useless, took about 3 days to go to the mans house to give him a pathetic caution.

My lip was cut and I was bleeding so how is that not actual bodily harm, I was bleeding for f sake.

Caporegime
As I found out when I was assaulted in a Tesco petrol station that had multiple CCTV cameras. Apparently even though I was at the pump it was a blind spot lol.

The Police were useless, took about 3 days to go to the mans house to give him a pathetic caution.

My lip was cut and I was bleeding so how is that not actual bodily harm, I was bleeding for f sake.
If you check out the police sub reddit, it's insane how many of them are assaulted and because the body cam didn't film the fist hitting thier face because its out of shot the person won't get charged with assaulting a police officer.

Cps it seems is far too willing to drop cases it may lose rather than trying cases that should be tried

Associate
Cps it seems is far too willing to drop cases it may lose rather than trying cases that should be tried

Not sure they can do much else to be honest..

CPS is fundamentally looking for cases that are likely to be successfully convicted in court.

If they don't believe they have enough evidence, you cannot really blame them for not taking the case.

Could you imagine the uproar if CPS was found to be spaffing tons of money up the wall on cases with no chance of conviction? :eek:

Caporegime
Not sure they can do much else to be honest..

CPS is fundamentally looking for cases that are likely to be successfully convicted in court.

If they don't believe they have enough evidence, you cannot really blame them for not taking the case.

Could you imagine the uproar if CPS was found to be spaffing tons of money up the wall on cases with no chance of conviction? :eek:

Yet they used to be able to convict people without camera footage.

Back
Top Bottom