*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
So.. erm.. I might have just ordered this phone. :o Can't wait to get it and have a play, a little nervous about the size as well, I decided that it can't be much bigger than my Nexus 4 or Galaxy S3, so bought it without even holding it anywhere. :p

Associate
Right have now had the phone fir the weekend and I love it.

So fast and smooth.

Any apps I should deffo get for it?

Here's my list :

Nova Launcher Prime, HD Widgets, Some nice top live wallpapers, MX Player Pro, PowerAmp, Falcon Pro, News Reader, Appy Geek, Air Droid, Titanium Backup, Battery widget reborn, Swipe Pad, Sketchbook Pro, Office Suite, Snapspeed, Reddit News, Newshog, Taptalk (if you use lots of forums), Astro File Manager, Battery Monitor, Better battery stats pro, Wheres my droid, Android Assistant, Swift Key, Seeder, Falcon twitter widget, Wizz Widget (facebook).

Games - If you play them, Vice City, Modern Combat 4, NFS Most wanted, Asphalt 7, Granny Smith, Bad Piggies, Angry Birds, Doodle Fit, Pool Break Pro.
Real racing 3 is coming out on Feb 28th :D

Live wallpapers - Galaxy Pack, Nexus Revamped Pro, Ocean HD. Pick one of those.

Hope this helps :D

Soldato
I've taken my Nexus 7 out a couple of times for whatsapp, when I didn't have my phone with me, so I'm sure I'll cope. I just need a pouch for it, so I can chuck it in my bag when I'm out on my bike. :D

Soldato
So I've gone from an S3 to an iPhone5 to a Note II in the space of a couple of days (managed to get a good deal on the iphone5 / note II so thought I'd try them out) but I can honestly say the Note II is truly epic.

I'm amazed at how big the thing is, but then again, I found the S3 BIG at first then once I got used to it it was an average size. Has anyone felt the same about the note 2?

Also I was planning to get the S4 around launch but I think the Note II will now suffice for a while.

Are there any known SDS issues with the Note II or am I fine to root away?

Soldato
I'm completely used to the size of the Note 2 and feels completely normal to me now. My gf's iPhone4 looks microscopic to my eyes now, i have to squit at the screen to read anything

Soldato
I'm completely used to the size of the Note 2 and feels completely normal to me now. My gf's iPhone4 looks microscopic to my eyes now, i have to squit at the screen to read anything

How long have you had it for if you don't mind me asking? :p

And yeah, even the s3 looks small next to it for me now!

Soldato
Right then... So I am sick of waiting for the OTA update.

My phone is already routed. So what ROM are people using with the latest android version but has all the latest samsung stuff on it too?

Soldato
Right then... So I am sick of waiting for the OTA update.

My phone is already routed. So what ROM are people using with the latest android version but has all the latest samsung stuff on it too?

I was the same, so I used odin to flash to latest 4.1.2 stock rom (at the time I did it) but I had weird issues, either lagging, extremely poor battery life etc etc so I flashed back to stock 4.1.1 and tbh I cant see any differences, other than my phone is fast and has great battery life? You have to ask why Samsung havent released 4.1.2 to UK OTA yet......

Associate
i'am pretty sure that i will be buying a note 2, for the screen size and the battery.
some questions,
as i work outdoors is the otterbox Note 2 Defender Series Case the toughtest case out there (as i want max protection)

do you think it will come down in price in a few weeks time when samsung bring out there new phone

Associate
as i work outdoors is the otterbox Note 2 Defender Series Case the toughtest case out there (as i want max protection)

I'm using the defender case and it's brilliant. it is worth the money. Im in a workshop and phone is chucked around a fair bit. It does make a big phone even bigger though. Only small gripe is the screen cover means you do loose the intensity of the amazing screen.

Back
Top Bottom