Israel/Palestine Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
In that case I have recently developed a warped understanding of written English. Tumor perhaps

I think its more of the case that you have read something in isolation without actually looking at the context to which the post applies and have therfore made an incorrect assumption, given that now on more than one occasion I have clarified this position for you I find it more likely that you are now simply trying to cover up your own mistake by attempting a strawman argument.

For the last time:

This is not my personal opinion on the current situation or the political and social agenda of Israel, but an illustration of a scenario which addresses the point make by Tefal regarding the assertion that Israel can do whatever it wants without repercussions simply because there is no-one powerful enough to stop them.

Associate
No matter how many words you use to try and tell us it wasn't your opinion it was still your opinion on why you think Israel has done/doing. Opinion is still an opinion no matter how you dress it up in conveluted sentences

Permabanned
No matter how many words you use to try and tell us it wasn't your opinion it was still your opinion on why you think Israel has done/doing. Opinion is still an opinion no matter how you dress it up in conveluted sentences

Being as I don't actually think that and if you bother to read the post to which it relates you would, if you had a modicum of objectivity realise that it wasn't my personal opinion but a potential scenario relating to whether Israel are able to do whatever they want without repercussion. I'm afraid that you are simply wrong, no matter how much your comprehension fails you.

Permabanned
Unfortunately, I think your scenario was absolutely correct.

My actual opinion is far more complex than the scenario I used earlier. Israeli politics are pretty convoluted and so is their foreign policy, also Jewish Israel is a country of two halves as regard their public opinion and stance on Palestine. I think if it were up to Netanyahu, then you would be right, if he had his way then all hell would break loose, but Israel isn't Netanyahu and Likud...and thank god for that.

Caporegime
That doesn't really address what I said. They face no repercussions because they walk the line, if they crossed it then there are plenty of people with significantly more power than Israel. The UK alone could do it.

Israel currently outguns the UK...

No one could stop israel if they did decide to go full on genocide simply, because if they did israel would destroy them too on their way out.

MAD applies and frankly not a single nation on the earth cares enough to sacrifice it's self for the Palestinians.

Associate
Permabanned
Israel currently outguns the UK...

No one could stop israel if they did decide to go full on genocide simply, because if they did israel would destroy them too on their way out.

MAD applies and frankly not a single nation on the earth cares enough to sacrifice it's self for the Palestinians.

It doesn't, Israel is largely dependent on reservists and ground policing....just a quick look at the GFM rating puts Israel some way below the UK.

Also Israel has no known way of delivering its suspected nuclear arsenal at Britain, whereas we have a significantly and more importantly, a verified Nuclear Arsenal, which can be delivered anywhere in Israel.

Permabanned
It doesn't, Israel is largely dependent on reservists and ground policing....just a quick look at the GFM rating puts Israel some way below the UK.

Also Israel has no known way of delivering its suspected nuclear arsenal at Britain, whereas we have a significantly and more importantly, a verified Nuclear Arsenal, which can be delivered anywhere in Israel.

Er, you might want to take a look at his.

http://www.globalfirepower.com/

Soldato
I think he did which is why he said GFM rating which places the UK at 5/106 and Israel at 11/106. Not that is matters when the No 1 has more than the rest put together.

Soldato
Not really, Israel are hardly "some way" below the UK.

Yes, the numbers are sequential but that does not mean they are comparing a linear relationship hence my comment about the USA. One US carrier battlegroup is most likely more powerful than any other single nation. And of course they have more than one of those groups.

Permabanned
Not really, Israel are hardly "some way" below the UK.

As Xordium says the list is not linear, and in terms of overall military effectiveness and projection they really are some way below that of the UK. If you look at the actual Power Index, you will see that Israel lags behind the UK by some margin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom