Israel/Palestine Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of people who could and would stop them from massacring an entire people...Israel march a fine line between what they can do and what they could do, and they have the military power to remove Palestine, but they do not have the political power to justify it.

They do whatever they because they face no repercussions for their actions.

So why have they stopped continuously israel could completely remove the state of Palestine and all its people in a few months and no one could stop them.

There was 20 thousand settlers in the west bank in the early 80s now there is over 350,000 in the west bank.

All declared illegal by international law.

Slowly but surely they are removing any chance of there being a Palestinian state.

As a rule they fire rockets from the strip of land between Gaza and Israel, using tunnels and foxholes dug from Gaza proper. Israel target houses and buildings where they think Hamas and other Palestinian fighters have infrastructure or are housed.

I don't buy that, there's a ton of footage from last week alone of rockets fired from Gaza city. They have longer range rockets now and don't need to get as close to the border.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k63bfHMJV5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heaM0DdFaD0

It is true though Israel also target Hamas homes

They do whatever they because they face no repercussions for their actions.

That doesn't really address what I said. They face no repercussions because they walk the line, if they crossed it then there are plenty of people with significantly more power than Israel. The UK alone could do it. The point is however, that Israel could annihilate Palestine as others have said, they don't, not because of any humanitarian concerns, but because if they did then the support (or blind eye) they currently enjoy would disappear and they would be seen as another repressive regime intent on genocide of another people.

That doesn't really address what I said. They face no repercussions because they walk the line, if they crossed it then there are plenty of people with significantly more power than Israel. The UK alone could do it. The point is however, that Israel could annihilate Palestine as others have said, they don't, not because of any humanitarian concerns, but because if they did then the support (or blind eye) they currently enjoy would disappear and they would be seen as another repressive regime intent on genocide of another people.

They have crossed the line and the UK and US do nothing.

I don't buy that

I wasn't selling....it's the truth, and yes some are also fired from within Gaza City, but the majority are not, simply due to the limitations of the majority of their munitions and the ease with which they can store and fire from underground tunnels and storage caches. Places, I might add that Israel find it extremely difficult to target and destroy...also be careful attributing what you think you are seeing regarding where the rocket fire is actually coming from in footage...if it were as easy as watching a long distance video then targeting the launch sites would be child's play. Its not as the visual positioning can be very deceptive.

No, not for us, the UNHRC have deem them to have committed several illegal acts.

For us, as in you and I..not the UN, who also think they have crossed a line..but the Governments do not....but there is a line that would cause Israeli support to melt away amongst its allies and that is the line the Israelis have yet to cross. The Israeli public would be amongst those pulling their support for a start, there are a significant number already who think that the line was crossed many years ago already.

Last edited:

You are saying Israel would wipe out Palestine if they could do it without repercussion. That is an absurd and frankly quite despicable notion you have there.

You are saying Israel would wipe out Palestine if they could do it without repercussion. That is an absurd and frankly quite despicable notion you have there.

It's neither absurd or despicable. It's merely an observation based on what was stated by Tefal...you can create whatever nonsense strawman your like out of it, but I suggest you understand the context of the post before jumping to conclusions if I were you.

Whilst I'm sure they would prefer not to kill everyone to achieve their goal I am sure they would, if without repercussion, displace every single Palestinian so they can settle all the land.

As it is and there are repercussions they are simply doing slowly and methodically, takes longer but achieves the same goal allowing them to tow the very lenient line.

Settlements and land confiscation over the last 60 years show that.

Say what?

The Israelis are quite clear in that they want all "Palestinians" to clear out of the land that they believe was given to them by their "God". There is no line and the West will never do anything to stop the Israelis in their ethnic cleansing.

We are talking about incredibly influential apartheid, racist Israel here, not South Africa decades ago.

Say what?

The Israelis are quite clear in that they want all "Palestinians" to clear out of the land that they believe was given to them by their "God". There is no line and the West will never do anything to stop the Israelis in their ethnic cleansing.

We are talking about incredibly influential apartheid, racist Israel here, not South Africa decades ago.

Think he is saying they have the power basically to wipe out all Palestinians in a few weeks if they wanted to, but there would be repercussions by doing so.

LockyOK, you say that, but more and more people are speaking out against Israel right now. Even the BBC isn't putting them in a great light, and we all know how far up the arse of Israel the BBC is! I think we'll see the tide change in the next week as people become more and more horrified by the atrocities committed by both parties involved. Palestine, however, are clearly the underdgos and are being **** on completely; no one with any sense likes what they are doing.

Say what?

Ok, to be clear here...the Israeli Administration has the military power to remove by force the Palestinians from the region, either by forced resettlement or through genocide...they don't do it, not because they are humanitarians, but because there is a line over which not even the Israeli Administration would cross. Not least of all because they would lose the support of both their allies and their own people. In a scenario that meant an Israeli regime did attempt such, there are plenty of countries with the power, both politically and militarily to overwhelm and stop Israel from doing so...the UK could do so alone..Israel's strength lies in its alliances and support structure. This was in answer to a post made where the contention was that Israel could do whatever it wants because no one could stop them.

It was not an advocation of actual events or the actual position of the Israeli Administration or an analysis of the political situation in Israel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom