What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Birdman 6/10

I'm not sure why this film exists, tbh. It's just so weird. But it doesn't go anywhere. I like some weird films (Being John Malcovich is great!), but this is just weirdness without any purpose.

Soldato
I just got done watching American Psycho. I haven't watched it in years. I remember it being a lot better. 6/10.

Go read the book if you haven't already.
The film is great for giving you all the visuals/scene setting and faces for the most part, but the book is where **** gets real :eek: Real messed up - In a good, but Christ, this is ****ed up kinda way.

The film is like a Disney cartoon in comparison. Still, Bale is brilliant and he/they did kind of nail the essence of what it's all about, though they really should've been a lot braver with certain aspects.
Saying that, there's no way they could've done certain things without it turning into something like A Serbian Film crossed with Hostel.

Last edited:
Suspended
Food, Inc - 8/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286537/

Do you know where your food comes from? after watching this and some of the shocking methods use to produce the food we consume and how animals are treated you will think twice about where you source you food in the future.. It's definitely opened my eyes up. Some shocking footage of how animals are treated, I am seriously considering vegetarianism after watching this... not just because of the animals, but also because of the chemicals and awful things that are pumped into the foods and used in the production, the bacteria etc which are extremely unhealthy for us.

Great documentary which shows you the lengths which corporations will go to make money and that economy is more important than health.

I recommend it highly.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Go read the book if you haven't already.
The film is great for giving you all the visuals/scene setting and faces for the most part, but the book is where **** gets real :eek: Real messed up - In a good, but Christ, this is ****ed up kinda way.

The film is like a Disney cartoon in comparison. Still, Bale is brilliant and he/they did kind of nail the essence of what it's all about, though they really should've been a lot braver with certain aspects.
Saying that, there's no way they could've done certain things without it turning into something like A Serbian Film crossed with Hostel.

The book is toe curlingly horrible in places. I actually found it too grim in parts, and felt like any message it might have had was lost in a sea of gore.

Soldato
Ok, watched a few recently :

Goosebumps (2015)

Took my son to watch this expecting the usual kid's tripe. Absolutely loved it, had very much a 'Spiderwick Chronicles, Jumanji (obviously) and Goonies sort of feel about it.

Recommended! (9/10)

Paranormal Activity : Ghost Dimension (2015)

Apart from the lovely jugs on the blonde actress, this film had almost no other redeeming quality. I was expecting ****, had a couple of hours to kill, and **** was readily served up.

*FULLY STAR SWEAR WORDS*

Avoid (2/10) both points for the jugs.

The Green Inferno (2015)

Awful acting (so bad its seems intentional!), but once the whole cannibalism premise starts off, it gets good. I was never really a fan of the whole 1970s and 80s Italian cannibal movies, but I did enjoy this.

7/10

Vacation (2015)

Had low expectations, but I thought this was bloody brilliant. I always enjoyed the Chevy Chase originals, and this had the same feel but with a multitude of gross out humour. Great fun!

8/10

The Canal (2014)

Horror movies and Ireland don't really have much of a pedigree as far as I am aware, but this was genuinely creepy. Had a sort of Hellraiser, Ring, Lovely Molly feel to it.

7/10

Back
Top Bottom