ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 144hz 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync.

Associate
Hi Darthy,

Your one looks just like mine, except your top right corner looks look like my lower right corner, which is pretty awful. Im sending mind back, I wouldnt want to encourage you one way or the other, but if sending it back is something you want to do, the law fully entitles you under DSR to return opened items within seven days from what ive read online ;)

I can well belive your Eizo has a great panel. Ironically my older, cheaper Asus ProArt IPS monitor has a stunning panel (LG) with deep inky black's and overall great uniformity. I really want myself a nice PG279Q so I hope some better samples come into cirulation soon!

Hi, yeah, the Eizo is great but I wanted a slightly bigger IPS with G-Sync which there currently seems to only be the Acer and Asus.

It's a shame but so much money to put up with something that isn't perfect :(

Associate
Im sending mind back, I wouldnt want to encourage you one way or the other, but if sending it back is something you want to do, the law fully entitles you under DSR to return opened items within seven days from what ive read online ;)

Many retailers go beyond the minimum standards of the law, it's 14 days with Overclockers. The cooling off period starts the date you take delivery of the item/s.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/returns

Associate
Now that you mention it I can see a hint in the bottom right, but it is an acceptable silverly colour, not yellow like so many of us have had - also his just seems to be in that one corner.

I wonder whats going on at the bottom of this screen, maybe an inch or less, theres a "warping" effect, or "glass of water" style effect going on there.

Can see it during Heaven. Looks weird.

I haz 4090!
Don
It definitely looks worse on camera but IRL it isn't that bad honestly. Also the brightness is 100% on monitor

Totally OT, but are you the FIFA guy off youtube?

I think I'm going to go for one of these. Backlight bleed doesn't bother me, and my 278Q has started to flicker. I may replace it with a 279, get it refurbed, and sell it on.

Soldato
I think I'm going to go for one of these.
Backlight bleed doesn't bother me, and my 278Q has started to flicker.
I may replace it with a 279, get it refurbed, and sell it on.

I hope you mean Glow doesn't bother you :D

Had my 279 for 4 weeks - I must say I do like it.

No bleed - slight glow in the corners (perks of IPS).

If anything the Glow has reduced since I got it (well seems to have) :)

Associate
OP
I tried to capture the brightness/colour difference at the top of the screen....

PdVEnFo.jpg

Right there is the reason mine has gone back. It's hard to get a picture of but I noticed the luminance variation the minute I turned it on the first time.

Not acceptable for a "Premium" IPS panel.

Casual eye probably wouldn't notice but using it on facebook, twitter, google, youtube etc you can't help but notice the colour shift.

Associate
Well I bit the bullet and bought two ... I've just set the pair of them up (on different systems but both running GTX970's) .. wow .. I've read so much about problems and issues but I've checked everything and all is fine .. no problems with colour, no backlight bleed or dead pixels. Fantastic display and brilliant gaming experience. I will add however, that the displays were opened up at some stage as they were packed differently and then re-taped .. whether ASUS QC did this or OC .. but they must have been checked .. so far I can't fault them :)

Associate
Well I bit the bullet and bought two ... I've just set the pair of them up (on different systems but both running GTX970's) .. wow .. I've read so much about problems and issues but I've checked everything and all is fine .. no problems with colour, no backlight bleed or dead pixels. Fantastic display and brilliant gaming experience. I will add however, that the displays were opened up at some stage as they were packed differently and then re-taped .. whether ASUS QC did this or OC .. but they must have been checked .. so far I can't fault them :)

You got used monitors? If mine come re-taped i will send it back

Associate

Would you be kind enough to take a photo of yours in in a dark room with a black background for us please? :) Id like to see how minimal the glow is on yours, then I might try again!

Associate
Right there is the reason mine has gone back. It's hard to get a picture of but I noticed the luminance variation the minute I turned it on the first time.

Not acceptable for a "Premium" IPS panel.

Casual eye probably wouldn't notice but using it on facebook, twitter, google, youtube etc you can't help but notice the colour shift.

I've raise a return request as you are totally right, it's not acceptable on such an expensive monitor, gutted :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom