Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters

V F

V F

Soldato
I actually went for my first iPhone so I can hook it up to the iPad if I lose my internet. Using my old Android is a pain, dog slow so bad! little space 1GB, Jelly Bean 4.22 cannot be updated let alone it isn't even HD. Everything about it is awful. Even the keypad is slow.

At least if I have the iPhone can hook up the iPad Pro and do stuff fast until BT sorts their garbage.

Soldato
I've got to say, very impressed with the battery on my 7.

Happy side effect of the lack of a 3.5mm is that I'm using a lightning cable to get audio out in the car which also charges it so I've gone to regularly doing the overnight charge thing every other day.

That wasn't an option with my 6S either way.

Speaking of iPads, when are the new ones out? I want one, but don't know whether to wait.

The Air 2 would do all I want, so a price drop would be nice.

I think the upgrade cycle has slowed significantly but either way with the post brexit currency moves you're almost certainly out of luck on a drop, the aged Mac Minis etc went up recently purely based on currency.

Soldato
Happy side effect of the lack of a 3.5mm is that I'm using a lightning cable to get audio out in the car which also charges it so I've gone to regularly doing the overnight charge thing every other day.

That wasn't an option with my 6S either way.

If you can get audio out of the lightning on your 7 in your car, then you could on your 6S too, surely?

I used the lightning cable to connect both my 6S and 7 to my car head unit for audio :confused:

Anyone notice a lag on audio starting sometimes when using the lightning headphones? It's weird, never noticed any audio lag on my 6S. Occasionally craps out too, have to then go and press play again. Particularly with podcasts.

Soldato
So instead of this somehow being iPhone 7 bonus, it is the bonus from buying a new cable, that would have worked just as well in iPhone 6s, 6 or presumably even iPhone 5...?

Well not exactly.. it's a happy side effect of being forced down that route due to the whole aux cable thing but more than that I'm finding these little top ups are leaving me at 80+% when I get home meaning I can leave it off charge overnight and go through the next day with it.

This would never have happened with my 6S, that was limping to bedtime and needed plugging in every night without fail.

V F

V F

Soldato
Why is it some people say the Plus is too big? It seems a great size and I cannot get over the feel of the jet black plus. Feels like holding a piece of glass since it is somewhat cold. Pretty cool the sim card tray.

Soldato
Following up on my rant about not being able to use my new lightning headphones on my Macbook the other day.

I was in the Apple store collecting my battery replacement 6S, I asked them why an adapter wasn't included in the box and if I could get one.

They don't even make one!!

WTF?! They manufacture and distribute millions of pairs of these silly new lightning headphones and they don't even make an adapter so that we can use them on any analogue devices we have handy.

So the brand new apple headphones with mic are completely useless for any device apart from an iPhone or iPad. And I need to haul a dedicated second pair of headphones around with me if I don't want to go wireless and I want to use them for my Macbook?

That's it. I've had enough. I'm writing a strongly worded letter to Tim to see what he has to say for himself.

Soldato
Following up on my rant about not being able to use my new lightning headphones on my Macbook the other day.

I was in the Apple store collecting my battery replacement 6S, I asked them why an adapter wasn't included in the box and if I could get one.

They don't even make one!!

WTF?! They manufacture and distribute millions of pairs of these silly new lightning headphones and they don't even make an adapter so that we can use them on any analogue devices we have handy.

So the brand new apple headphones with mic are completely useless for any device apart from an iPhone or iPad. And I need to haul a dedicated second pair of headphones around with me if I don't want to go wireless and I want to use them for my Macbook?

That's it. I've had enough. I'm writing a strongly worded letter to Tim to see what he has to say for himself.

Tim won't care, the idea is that you get wireless headphones.

Soldato
Seriously? Boo hoo the free headphones I got don't work with my MacBook so now I have to use either my old ones or some probably significantly better ones I either already owned or can buy for peanuts with the adapter you gave me for nothing?

The amount of whinging over a set of non issues with the iPhone 7 and new MacBooks just shows how we're all spoiled.. I want everything to work out of the box in every scenario that pertains to exactly me..

Soldato
I'm being overly dramatic for a bit of fun. I'm not really wound up about it.

It is stupid though, I shouldn't have to carry around multiple pairs of headphones and it does seem like rather large oversight that I can't use the ones that came in the box (worth £29 according to Apple) with any other device with an aux jack...like my Macbook, ever.

Just silly really. It doesn't 'just work' like Apple stuff always has.

Matt100 said:
I want everything to work out of the box in every scenario that pertains to exactly me.

Wanting to use the supplied headphones, manufactured by Apple and included in the box in their two most popular products doesn't strike me as a very unique situation that only pertains to me :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom