• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Associate
Ahh that's good to know. I've got my 1700 but fine watching while the dust settles for a couple of weeks. I'm up for either board. But leaning towards the k7 at this point

Soldato
who has the tomahawk board any good ??
Me and scramz have this board. I find it excellent for the price, i have got my 1700 upto 3.8 (anymore requires a better cooler) but I know scramz has gotten his upto 4.1.
As with all ryzens boards at the moment they all have their issues and will require frequent bios updates but MSI seem to be doing better then asus.
For the price I'm more than happy.

Permabanned
Good luck mate! Let us know how it goes :D
Well will need to book day off work and try get it up and running on monday i guess. Custom loop extra 2 hours of ******* about to drain it change waterblock fill it up kinda. But before that ill just start it up on box to see if it even posts. I let You know if its 1.03 or 2.2.

Associate
im running Windows 10 on my system and I honestly don't notice any issues. My games all seem to run just as good as they did on my 4790k, except now I can live stream using x264 without it dropping frames everywhere :p

Associate
O M F G................. Im Sick of reading this forum, where is my motherboard so I can try myself........ Don't think I have ever been so excited about a hardware launch! My wife thinks ryzen is my bit on the side!! Think im having a mid life crisis at 40...

Soldato
Your order has been shipped

Goods Shipped:
£208.29 x 1 - Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero AMD X370 (Socket AM4) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
£324.99 x 1 - AMD Ryzen 7 Eight Core 1700X 3.80GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail
£45.79 x 1 - EK Water Blocks EK-Supremacy EVO AMD

:]

£324 for a 1700x? That's exVAT? Yeah

Associate
O M F G................. Im Sick of reading this forum, where is my motherboard so I can try myself........ Don't think I have ever been so excited about a hardware launch! My wife thinks ryzen is my bit on the side!! Think im having a mid life crisis at 40...

Haha, classic. What MB are you after?

Soldato
Must admit, after reading this thread, I am tempted to pick a 1700 up just to tinker with. I've got a 5820K though so I'm not exactly expecting major gains...just feel like playing around with something new. Must...resist...

Back
Top Bottom