***The Official Telltale Games Thread***

Soldato
I wish they'd just reduce the episode release frequency... I bet my last £1 that by the time the first episode releases the whole game will be ready to release, or it should be. An episode every 2 weeks would be good, not 2 months otherwise I'll wait for the full set and buy it on the cheap, which is what I'm doing with Batman.

Soldato
No from me.

Fed up with Telltale.

I had to force myself to complete Season 2. I loved Season 1.

And I know not related but Minecraft: Story Mode was a complete farce.

Telltale no longer a "Day 1" purchase for me.

Soldato
Just played the Michonne series, thought it was brilliant. The music was great too, just listening to Mirel Wagner on spotify now :D

I'm a big fan of this type of game anyway (thought Life is Strange was fantastic) and just reading TWD : Season 3 - The New Frontier is out in November :)

Also a possible The Wolf Among Us Season 2 next year

Soldato
No from me.

Fed up with Telltale.

I had to force myself to complete Season 2. I loved Season 1.

And I know not related but Minecraft: Story Mode was a complete farce.

Telltale no longer a "Day 1" purchase for me.

Yeah I have given up on Episode 4 of the Back To Future Game they did. The story and material is excellent but the game is so frustrating to play - puzzle after puzzle after puzzle - just grinds you down after a while and ultimately spoiled the enjoyment for me...

Permabanned
OP
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

Available today for preorder (£17.09) the third season (4th if you include the Michonne series) of the Walking Dead releases with episodes one and two available to play from tomorrow, 20th December 2016.

Coming in 2017

Telltales Guardians of the Galaxy.

I'm looking forward to seeing there take on the Marvel series, They did an excellent job with the sci-fi series Tales of the Borderlands and I'm hoping they continue to put the effort in to the storytelling for this too.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Looking forward the new walking dead game. Did not bother with the Michonne one, but looking forward to this.

Will wait until all 5 episodes are out before buying though, do not like the episodic nature of the game.

The only other telltale game I like is the wolf among us.

Man of Honour
Would be interested to get some of these titles as I have heard so many positive things about the Telltale games.

Am I right in thinking that if I wanted to buy the best Telltale ones, I should be looking at Tales from the Borderlands, The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us and Batman?

Soldato
Anyone played the latest Walking dead game yet? Seems to be getting some bad reviews on Steam with complaints about the first 2 episodes being short and the choices still not making any difference.

Quite a different story to the first games overwhelmingly positive reviews. Really hope they haven't messed it up :(.

Soldato
Anyone played the latest Walking dead game yet? Seems to be getting some bad reviews on Steam with complaints about the first 2 episodes being short and the choices still not making any difference.

Quite a different story to the first games overwhelmingly positive reviews. Really hope they haven't messed it up :(.

I played the first episode and really enjoyed it. Took around 90 minutes I'd say. I cant comment on whether the choices you make in S3E1 make a difference as I've not played E2 yet, but it does seem who you chose to kill / live at the end of S2 doesn't matter (might do later on).

I've really enjoyed the game so far to be honest. I thought I wouldn't like the change in main character but the new one works well and you do have flash backs playing as Clem.

Permabanned
OP
Would be interested to get some of these titles as I have heard so many positive things about the Telltale games.

Am I right in thinking that if I wanted to buy the best Telltale ones, I should be looking at Tales from the Borderlands, The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us and Batman?

I enjoyed The Walking Dead and Tales of the Borderlands, I've not played much of Batman yet, The Game of Thrones season was pretty good and there's another season coming for it.

I usually buy the Telltale games on preorder but leave playing them untill all the episodes are out and by then all the bugs have been dealt with too,

Currently I have Batman, Minecraft and season 3 of The Walking Dead to complete.

I like the Michonne mini-series too.

Associate
Is Walking Dead season 3 worth a play considering I've loved every game they have released since WD season 1... well apart from game of thrones.

Caporegime

I've done all the Borderlands, Walking Dead ones, as well as Wolf Among Us.

All good, but Wolf Among Us was AMAZING!! Made me go and read the whole Fables comic series on which it is based.

Back
Top Bottom