The iOS11 Thread

Soldato
Slight difference in the mobile data page, don’t have to go all the way into usage now.

IMG_3125.jpg

Soldato
I had truly terrible reception all over Gloucester including the city centre. Loads of calls lead nowhere and their social media team basically told me it was due to over-subscription. I switched to O2 and it was epic at the start, reception everywhere. They IMO went downhill so I've since gone to EE and couldn't be happier. I get 20GB a month which at times I've come close to but I do admit that at times I miss having that unlimited feeling.

Yeah, there are a few places in Bristol where I was unable to get reception. Used to be awfu when I lived in Clifton. But they seem to be getting better plus for my £20 p/m the unlimited data & 30GB tethering is really hard to give up.

20GB really is a good ammount and I know EE claim to be the fastest so that's pretty good. Just I like not ever having to worry about switching my WIFI on unless I have no network connectivity at all. Plus the feel at home has been amazing last few years when going away.

Caporegime
When do they usually launch a new iOS, mid-September? That’s only a month to sort out all the bugs! Public betas 3 and 4 are crashing all the time for me, especially when using the new control centre.

Soldato
I'm no dev beta 5 which is the same as public beta 4 and other than one case of my phone and iPad freezing and needing a hard reboot I've not really had any other crashes.

We could get a new beta this week and perhaps next week.

iOS 11 final should be out early September.

Soldato
I have public beta on iPad Pro and iPhone 7 and generally it’s been fine with only one actual hard lock and very few issues at all. I did have some weird orientation issues on last version that I gave feedback on but sorted on ver 4.

Soldato
Hi guys. I've never owned an Apple product before, but I might be getting an iPad in the next few weeks. For those of you already using the beta, does iOS now allow for more than one instance of an app to be opened simultaneously?

ajf

ajf

Soldato
You can use 2 copies of Safari side by side if you wish. You have to open full screen, open a second tab and ghen split that off to split screen mode.
They both then work as seperate copies with multiple tabs.

Back
Top Bottom